Ig 88 team

So with 88s omega leader ability a Dot is placed for every crit. I was thinking i could run a team like
88, jawa, jawa engineer, RG, rey.

On the other hand i think i could do much better. Perhaps switching RG and rey for St han and kylo?
The dilemna is that rey would get attacked first and kylo would get ignored.
What team would you guys suggest for ig 88 leadership? It doesnt have to be one using the toons i mentioned. Just have fun with it

Replies

• I like him with gam guard. Dots for days!!!
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Thats a great suggestion. Unfortunately i have 0 shards invested in gam guard, but i love the idea. Thank you! :)
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    I used an omega 88 in a raid. Anyone that hits critical applies a dot so I used Leia to spread around crit chance, Rey, 86, and Clone sarge.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Think aoe. I dont want to spend resouces trying to build experimental teams. Some aoe i have that could work with a liitle bit of resources added: sid, hk47, leia for crit chance up and three attacks, b2, 100, jkg lol, stormtroopers, lando. Five aoe attackers with 88 leading moght work.

A more realistic approach 88 (l) rey, leia, rg, anybody

Also, vader would work on an 88 team

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I have used omega 88 lead quite a bit and IG-88 (L), Gam Guard, Rex, Rey and Vader is going to be your best bet to perform well in arena. On offense you can win against any team easily but on defense it isn't that fantastic.
  • Admittedly o don't have all the toons to test out with the 88 lead, but currently:

88lead
    Phasma
    Rey
    STH
    Daka

Phasma fullisade omega works well since it adds a 90% chance to slow, so pretty much everyone gets it, also crit chance is high so it applies dots all over as well. VM and then 88 AOE and it crits big and does good damage plus more dots that can kill ppl off of too low.

Daka is for stuns and the occasional rez, STH helps me get it all done with TM boost.

I've thought about removing Daka and trying Poe but he's 30 shards from max.

Ideally a maxed out Vader would be the best here, but JE or other droids, Pogglr perhaps, but I sit top 50 easy, have made it to top 20 but my 88 is a little bit weak atm
  • Sweep
    58 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    88, Phasma, QGJ, GS, and IG-86. With advantage up and all those assists, you can stack a lot of dots.
  • so you'd wanna take advantage of the crits and use peeps that do a lot of criticals....... Here is a squad I came up with:

Ig-88 leader obviously, with 20% crit chance.

Gam guard for his DoT and Tanking

Princess Leia she can do tons of crits and she can hit up to 3 times, kind of a no brainer here because she also gives crit chance up to the team, plus shes now farmabable in arena so you should be able to get her easily.

Phasma Turn meter and Advantage should be great here especially when pairing advantage with AoE attacks. Her defense down will help as well.

now this last slot can be filled with anyone.... Vader for killer DPS (which will probably be your best bet here) or possibly a healer to keep the Gam Guard alive, that's up to you guys though. an option here would be talia as she does more damage against enemies suffering DoT.
  • I'd got with 88, Leia, Lando, Vader, and STH/RG.
    Leia boosts crit chance and can get up to three crits per attack, then Lando spams his crit-based AoE, and Vader does his thing. Tank is there to keep Lando and 88 safe, especially from counters.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    A taunt tank and a dispeller are really needed for arena. So start with 88 lead, then QGJ or Teebo, and RG or ST Han.

Once you have a leader, a taunter, and a dispeller put DPS in the last 2 spots. I like Leia, and Fives. As mentioned, Leia can give crit up, and potentially three attacks on a basic. Fives can assist on his special, and double tap on his basic. Lots of extra chances to add DoTs.

Alternatively, Jawa Engineer on a five Jawa/droid team can do well with no taunter/dispeller. With JE's speed bonus up in the 200s you can use 88 lead, and get all AoEs before the other team even moves. Usually he is used on HK led droid teams, but Jawa and Dathcha both have high potency, and an AoE. 88 has his AoE. You could put HK in the last spot free to play, or B2 if you are a pay to play player going against a lot of dodge leaders. 88 lead, JE, Jawa, Dathcha, B2 would be nasty. The other team could very likely have 4 DoTs on all their toons before taking a single turn.
  • StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    You don't need dispels between 88, Vader, and Phasma AoEs. You do need a tank, and I use....Stormtrooper Han (but RG is great for this team, too.) The fifth can fit your need, or preference, but GS, Fives, HRS, Leia, Lando, 86....all good here.

Have taken 1st on more than one occasion with 88 lead. He'll tank your rank on defense, though.
  • I think part of the question should be if its for arena or raid. I was thinking for raid, you could go with IG 88 L, Phasma, Vader, G Guard, and Leia. Lots of dot potential there, and vader to clean it all up with a big culling blade.
  • UNivek
    70 posts Member
    I've been playing with IG88 arena lead finishing in top 3 for a few weeks now. Was running IG88, IG86, Rey, SF, RG and just switched to an even more fun build with IG88, IG86, Rey, RG, and Vader. Was able to finish today at #1 with it as well. You don't need a tank but it does make it a better defensive team and give you more buffer if RNG didn't go your way even on attacks.

Here is a video for some reference. Just a 5* G8 Vader but I had fun, that's all it mattered. Was still enough to beat meta teams.

BTW, I know there were some questions on DOT damage, from the video and comparing the opponent's HP, I was able to calculate per DOT damage to be 4.99% of opponent's max health. This is a fixed amount damage, it doesn't drop as opponent's health drop. So 4.99% when Rey is at max health and still 4.99% for when she's at 10% so can easily finish a toon off.

cQ6Ai4S.jpg

• Thank you for all the responses! I was thinking about it. What do you all think of this team:
    88 L
    JE
    Jawa
    Poggle
    Vader
  • UNivek
    70 posts Member
    Uriakatos wrote: »
    Thank you for all the responses! I was thinking about it. What do you all think of this team:
    88 L
    JE
    Jawa
    Poggle
    Vader

I think JE doesn't get too much speed boost in this squad with only 88 and another Jawa. IMO, you need at least 4 Droid/Jawa to make JE viable (meaning being able to go 1st). Because JE going 2nd in the fight just defeat his purpose. You really don't need Vader to go with 88 lead, any DPS that crit, does multiple attacks, and call assists are good candidates to trigger more DOT with 88's lead ability. And without a tank would make your team very easy to be dissected. I'd suggest to just try things out, if you're less adventurous, can try in GW 1st. I think Poggle is out of place here. Better to have another AOE or a taunt/tank.

DOT in general, are great for:
    1) with teams having lots of high HP toons because of its % damage. But if you're facing squeezy teams, straight DPS may just kill them faster.
    2) with teams having taunt, because DOT may kill low hp toons behind a taunt.
  • Ig88, jawa engineer, jawa, datcha, ig86? All the jawas go first, get the crit up buff and use their aoes landing two dots each. Then jawa deals more damage for debuffs units, ig88s Aoe, and finally 86 for synergy, speed, and assist
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm trying 88/Lando/Phasma/Vader/RG. Phasma advantage up plus Lando drops quite a few dots. Works best on offense and against Leia/Rey teams that try to hide them behind taunters.

Against other teams multi-hit crit attackers work best. 88/Rey/Leia/SThan/RG do impressive work. None of these teams are good on defense. The AI manages AoE as ineptly as anything it does.

Also note that 88 teams are pretty incredible against Rancor on Phase 2 and 3. When the door drops and all you do is crit all day and all night the results can be 25+ dots on the big dood.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If you have HK you'll get much better use out of his leader ability than 88s. I've tried both. If you're only setting Vader up for a culling blade one-shot, you don't really need that with an HK lead droid team with JE. Vader's too weak in other areas. Critting for less than 2k is pretty bad.
  • UNivek
    70 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Also note that 88 teams are pretty incredible against Rancor on Phase 2 and 3. When the door drops and all you do is crit all day and all night the results can be 25+ dots on the big dood.

cZ85EaL.jpg

~400K on Heroic.

• UNivek
    70 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »
    If you have HK you'll get much better use out of his leader ability than 88s. I've tried both. If you're only setting Vader up for a culling blade one-shot, you don't really need that with an HK lead droid team with JE. Vader's too weak in other areas. Critting for less than 2k is pretty bad.

I do agree HK with JE is better if build involves droids/jawa. But this thread is on what if with IG88. And I switched to IG88 from HK lead just because I got bored with HK and wanted to try something different. : ) Both are viable, end of day, try what you enjoy / have fun is most important IMO.
  • I have been playing around with 88 lead as well.

So far I like:

88 (L)
    Phasma
    Vader
    RG/ ST Han
    QGJ

If I had a beast lando I would sub him for QGJ.

Do everyone's basic first turn
    use Victory March
    light up the AOE's and watch as your opponent is showered in DOT's.
  • If 88 is your leader you want Geo Soldier with omega ability- 50% turn meter on critical, he goes so often it is crazy.
  • I have been playing around with 88 lead as well.

So far I like:

88 (L)
    Phasma
    Vader
    RG/ ST Han
    QGJ

If I had a beast lando I would sub him for QGJ.

Do everyone's basic first turn
    use Victory March
    light up the AOE's and watch as your opponent is showered in DOT's.
    I've been using Poggle instead of QGJ in a team like that. I'm not really sure who my ideal candidate for that spot is, though. It will probably depend on the team you're facing.

I'll use Vader's AoE first so VM will get him closer to Culling Blade and to add negative status effects to help with 88's AoE.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    I really cant tell if i like Phasma or IG88 more.

My guild is doing heroics, but the dots dont do THAT much damage due to the boss having considerably less HP than t6.

I mean, I love throwing 30 dots on the thing, but I am not sure if i'd be getting more out of Phasma procs.

Probably not, now that I type this out. Rancor hits super hard and that door is where most the damage comes from. *shrugs*