Time to be homest, the games not balanced.

Prev13
Kind of tired of the deniers and or fan bois claiming nothing is op or unbalanced in this game. I've played balanced games and In none of them were 80% of the characters not used and in nine of them were 3 of the same characters in everyteam. You can't say there's a balance then as a xommunity constantly telling peeps to use the exact same heros or fall behind. I could give a dozen examples more why the game int but instead let's allow others to pipe in.

All I want is some honesty, constructive honesty so things can be fixed regardless of who's eploiting what bug or imbalance I'd rather drop 500 ranks in a balance game due to my team being fixed then keep acting like everything's fine.

Replies

• Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eaywen wrote: »
    Kind of tired of the deniers and or fan bois claiming nothing is op or unbalanced in this game. I've played balanced games and In none of them were 80% of the characters not used and in nine of them were 3 of the same characters in everyteam. You can't say there's a balance then as a xommunity constantly telling peeps to use the exact same heros or fall behind. I could give a dozen examples more why the game int but instead let's allow others to pipe in.

All I want is some honesty, constructive honesty so things can be fixed regardless of who's eploiting what bug or imbalance I'd rather drop 500 ranks in a balance game due to my team being fixed then keep acting like everything's fine.

There's plenty of balanced games where 80% of the characters or builds aren't used. It's called cookie cutter. No matter how many games you play, the smart players will always find out how to achieve the best outcome out of a given set of circumstances. The cool thing about games like this is that making changes to characters is simple to do and through the updates, there will be constant character changes. The result will be that 80% not being used decreased to 70%, then 60%. Also, there are plenty of builds that haven't even been discovered yet. The game is too early in its birth.

Also, once more characters are farmable, you will be seeing a way bigger diversity than the "3 of the same characters in every team"

I do agree with you that some people may enjoy the game more by going with teams they are fond of, rather than feeling pressured to "farm the cookie cutter build or fall behind". I am straight dipping my feet into a whole bunch of characters. Who knows when some of the toons I have invested in will get a nice buff and become better. I find it fun to try and beat people with teams that have a bigger advantage and much higher power rating than me. The main thing is that I am playing the characters I want to play and am finding a way to make them sync together.

Good day ser.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Of course it's not balanced, look at Leia, she's a beast, she can single handedly kill an entire team if left unchecked.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

The game revolves too much around Arena which is itself pretty limited on the entertainment factor. Then you have GW which is a bunch of Arena matches basically. It needs something totally new to do that is emmersive and fun and could allow you to use your collection of characters more efficiently.

I actually like arena and GW but it just needs something else that gives you another something to do that isn't based just around your 5 top toons.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Smh, virtually every toon is viable in the proper build/synergy. This game is balanced far better then most I have seen and i would go as far to argue this game is too balanced and there needs to be more "clearly superior" toons so that there is more to strive to build. This game allows a reasonable option of building around your favs in most cases.

What more do you want? I mean seriously?
    Are you wanting each toon to have the exact same skill sets? Same stats? Same everything? Thats the only way to achieve the "balance" everyone is constantly crying about. Some toons should be "OP" so there is incentive to invest. Some should be "OP" so that there is incentive to build/farm. Sadly, there is really not a toon off top of my head that i would be able justify is truly OP.

The term "OP" is tossed around in reguards to ALOT of toons if you havent read wvery other post on this forum lol. Everytime someone has an issue beating a toon they seem to immediatly come here an start w/the tears that "so an so is OP".

Fact is, for a toon to truly be OP, they must be an absolute god (or godess) in virtually any build. I cant think of a single toon that just dominates in even most builds much less virtually all builds. An OP toon needs to dominate as a plug-n-play meaning you can be running a AOE team an plug in Leia (for example) and suddenly a mediocre team is now unstoppable.

Again, i cant think of a single toon that plugs into any build an takes it from mediocre to unbeatable. So "OP"???? Meesa no thinkin so

#enoughcryongOPalready
  • Options
    Over at the other game CG has created HODA we had the same problem. Just wait until they start releasing more characters. The new characters will be even more OP'd. The new characters will make Lumi look like underworld police character. They are good at releasing better characters to keep balance in the game.
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

The game revolves too much around Arena which is itself pretty limited on the entertainment factor. Then you have GW which is a bunch of Arena matches basically. It needs something totally new to do that is emmersive and fun and could allow you to use your collection of characters more efficiently.

I actually like arena and GW but it just needs something else that gives you another something to do that isn't based just around your 5 top toons.

If they do what they did in PVP over at HODA I believe that this is what your looking for. PVP required you to use different characters for each event. For example, they would give common and uncommon heroes a1000% dmg and hp bonus. This was cool because at this point in the game nobody kept common and uncommon heroes anymore. Ppl raced to buy gold packs to get heroes for the event. Other events were faction base which would get a similar bonus. I think this would be great because ppl would have to use different characters other than their main team or get crushed for that event. Wow! Under police would be useful.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

If they do what they did in PVP over at HODA I believe that this is what your looking for. PVP required you to use different characters for each event. For example, they would give common and uncommon heroes a1000% dmg and hp bonus. This was cool because at this point in the game nobody kept common and uncommon heroes anymore. Ppl raced to buy gold packs to get heroes for the event. Other events were faction base which would get a similar bonus. I think this would be great because ppl would have to use different characters other than their main team or get crushed for that event. Wow! Under police would be useful.

As with all ideas, this would only be fun for some ppl. Personally, the moment i cant suceede playing how i want/using the toons i want, is the moment i stop playing regularly.

One thing i love is that you can reasonably compete building around the toons you like (this in itself may be a flaw). But i play toons i enjoy playing. Forcing me to use a jawa to conpete cause it is the "events featured toon" would ruin said event for me cause im not using a stupid jawa hahaha

Good idea tho!
    Many will like it

#cantpleaseemall
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Smh, virtually every toon is viable in the proper build/synergy. This game is balanced far better then most I have seen and i would go as far to argue this game is too balanced and there needs to be more "clearly superior" toons so that there is more to strive to build. This game allows a reasonable option of building around your favs in most cases.

What more do you want? I mean seriously?
    Are you wanting each toon to have the exact same skill sets? Same stats? Same everything? Thats the only way to achieve the "balance" everyone is constantly crying about. Some toons should be "OP" so there is incentive to invest. Some should be "OP" so that there is incentive to build/farm. Sadly, there is really not a toon off top of my head that i would be able justify is truly OP.

The term "OP" is tossed around in reguards to ALOT of toons if you havent read wvery other post on this forum lol. Everytime someone has an issue beating a toon they seem to immediatly come here an start w/the tears that "so an so is OP".

Fact is, for a toon to truly be OP, they must be an absolute god (or godess) in virtually any build. I cant think of a single toon that just dominates in even most builds much less virtually all builds. An OP toon needs to dominate as a plug-n-play meaning you can be running a AOE team an plug in Leia (for example) and suddenly a mediocre team is now unstoppable.

Again, i cant think of a single toon that plugs into any build an takes it from mediocre to unbeatable. So "OP"???? Meesa no thinkin so

#enoughcryongOPalready

Rage somewhere else dude. If you cant give contructive feedback on the ropic at hand, then zip it.

• Options

Lol....funny...deniers? most of us in here can get #1 with or without money spend...you just a jealous person who has a weak squad can't compete with them at all...ow btw i am F2P....but you will not trust me...kids these days...
  • Options
    Its pretty simple. New people come to forums asking who they should farm. The answers are always the same. Farm Sid from Arena. Farm Luminara from Galactic War. The truth is no one tries other characters that are just as useful or more in their own right. That's why there are the same characters being used all the time.

There are plenty of hidden gems people are afraid to use. Geonosian Soldier, Nighsister Initiate, Coruscant Underworld Police (Seriously. Stun and Offense Down while also boosting his potency and turn meter), Poe, etc..
  • Options
    Even the Pokemon world championships basically everybody had the same team.... And there are 500+ to choose from and that is considered a relatively balanced game. Simple fact is some characters are better then Others
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Different characters are useful for different things. The most commonly suggested chars are easy to farm pve pros and decent in arena. There is no imbalance.

I mean, I guess maybe it is to the same degree chess is imbalanced...But I can't stand checkers.

• Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Lol....funny...deniers? most of us in here can get #1 with or without money spend...you just a jealous person who has a weak squad can't compete with them at all...ow btw i am F2P....but you will not trust me...kids these days...

Yeah I top 10 daily thanks for failing at being psychic and showing your true colors. Of course if this was not an anonymous forum you'd have nothing to say. Easy being a **** online.

The purpose of this is that there are a number of vocal people who want to yell loudly and often thqt everything is fine and people should just learn 2 play or play harder or something instead of admitting any hero could possibly use even the smallest change. You can't even post something as small as "maybe so and so hits too hard" without the litany.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

Well, that's not true. By definition, only 1 person per server gets number 1. So "most of us" wont
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

Well, that's not true. By definition, only 1 person per server gets number 1. So "most of us" wont

That's not true. There can be 24 different #1 players.
  • Options

Can you tell us what you are seeing as being used so frequently? Also, wouldn't it make sense that 80%+ of the roster goes unused? I'll use my own roster as an example. I build toons at a pretty decent rate - I have 17 heroes at gear 7 or gear 8 with another about to go g7 tomorrow which will make 18. There are 71 total heroes on the roster possible if you have all of them unlocked. Now, I may not have the most purple geared toons, but I have above the "average" whatever that is. Still, I have just 25% of the roster built to a competitive level. Many will have an even smaller fraction of the roster built than that.

You just can't make a statement that the game is unbalanced or broken based on people using a small fraction of the roster because we are too early in the game to properly evaluate. I can see lots of good toons that I don't have built that have utility and would be seen more if they were easier to build or more common. Not saying they are OP or the best, but Lando has utility, Resistance Pilot, Tusken Raider with assist and tanky, Lobot with speed for droids and cleanse, IG-88, Geon Soldier with assist and good speed, Biggs with assist and strong hitting, Ima Gun Di, IG-86...and on and on. There's a lot of good toons out there that many of us haven't seen and don't know about yet - not at a really detailed level or in seeing them optimized.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Its pretty simple. New people come to forums asking who they should farm. The answers are always the same. Farm Sid from Arena. Farm Luminara from Galactic War. The truth is no one tries other characters that are just as useful or more in their own right. That's why there are the same characters being used all the time.

There are plenty of hidden gems people are afraid to use. Geonosian Soldier, Nighsister Initiate, Coruscant Underworld Police (Seriously. Stun and Offense Down while also boosting his potency and turn meter), Poe, etc..

This is actually quite true. Many people don't mix and match because they wan't to use whats proven and not experiment on mixing it up a bit, not that the game lets you mix and match that easily either.... Also the game pushes you the same characters from the start. You get Chewie, Talia and JC then off to get Sid, Lumi and whatever Cantina toon is the flavor of hhe month.

I wouldn't take this as a subjective rant at all because he is right that %80+ of people use the same toons. Either because of how the game makes you progress or because the forum has some tendencies. Here is when people will say that the current meta forces the use or x or y. Ewoks, rebels, scoundrels, droids all there to be used but either people don't see their synergy working or they are too weak to compete against FO, Sid and QGJ teams on end game.

I would mix and match and build a non-mainstream team but it would mean I'd have to scratch getting my arena rewards and GW progress for a while and be weeks building something....or fork over some heavy cash to build it.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Options

This it goes by time zone you are in there is likely literally 30 to 50 top 10 players on every server silly as it sounds. Someone knock you down at 2 am? Dude in England on your server just got #1 same as you did
  • Options
    The bias towards a few characters is more a result of the time to farm a reasonable strength team and less about these characters being OP. The game is new.

As time goes on, diversity will increase. In the long term, the more difficult to obtain team synergies will be used by more people.

At the top level, meta squads are and will be established and evolve as the game does.

OP, Do you expect people to field sub-optimal squads to satisfy your desire for more diversity? Optimal is of course relative to the amount of time and money you are willing to invest.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Just because no one uses certain characters doesn't mean they aren't good, just means the game is new and people haven't tried them because they are harder to farm or their stats are unknown. There are a few super strong chars and some really bad ones but the game is balanced enough that some chars might naturally balance out with new level cap or changing meta.
  • Options
    Of course it's not balanced, why would people spend thousands of dollars if it was? But it's still balanced enough for us to beat the AI, that being said you should really be worried about the new update, I guarantee it becomes far more unbalanced, and the p2p and f2p gap widens even more. I'm satisfied with what we have now.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options

Generally speaking there are 3 super farmable shard sources, Arena, GW, and Cantina. Now in Arena I started farming Sidious because he is my favorite SW character, luckily he just so happens to be the best from the Arena in a vacuum. Because the Arena is super farmable and Sidoius is the best so you a LOT of Sidious. Luminara is probably the strongest hero with a heal in the game and (before phasma anyway) the single best hero you could take form the GW shipments in a vacuum. So you see a lot of Luminara. Kylo Ren and Phasma were just in a new movie, it was pretty good you should go see it, so because of that they are super popular right now. Because of that you see a lot of them.

I have several builds I would like to try but I feel I need to max out my top 5 of highly farmable and "strongest" heroes first before I try to get cute and overthink myself. Give me a few millions dollars so I won't mind blowing a lot of money on a phone game or several months to farm the harder to farm heroes or even the 2nd and 3rd ranked heroes from the super farms and I will not more than likely not run a cookie cutter build, but until then Sidious, Phasma, Luminara, Dooku, and Kylo are my team. For better or worse.
  • Options
    It is balanced. I know I do not use 5 toons. My team changes multiple times per day. As of today I have 5 teams at lvl 60 5*+ purple or 1 slot from it and most are rotated in. Find synergy and it matters little. I love GW. Arena to me means nothing. I had a team beat mine when AI defended, they sent an ally request. I went in and attacked their team to see how it beat me,m and I slaughtered it in under 90 seconds.

Thing I'd love to see is arena made live where AI does not control it where it is PVP for real not PVAI That would be awesome.

Leia is easy to deal with btw. I ran into a 7* purple and I was able to deal with her without too much issue. Sure she hits hard and fast and multi times and buffs, but You just have to be ready and prepared for it and burn her down fast.
  • Enterprise4691
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Star Wars is not balanced? I dare you to play Summoners War. 1000 monsters available and only 20 are used.
  • Options
    I'd be interested in the names of the other games you played that you consider balanced to better see what you consider balance.
  • Options
    'Balance' breaks games. I'm so tired of dev's trying to overly 'balance' everything. All they end up doing is breaking things.

There will always be a meta. It is simply not possible to balance so perfectly there isn't one.

That said, if you want _diversity_, there are better ways to achieve that. Make things more interesting so people will use certain options simply because they are more fun or interesting.

• Options

You don't have to be #1 on the hour so in theory it could change every 5 minutes.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You mention you want constructive discussion but start with putting down folks with any view not consistent with your world view by calling them fanbois and deniers.

I don't think it's the game's fault that we players are not trying out the different team synergies available. And there are different synergies. What's your suggestions on balancing the game?

If you were ranting about the bugs like the princess, I agree fixes could come faster.
  • Options
    Some of it has to do with how easily a character is farmed. Take the Ewok scount for example. If you are below lvl 50, there is only one level to farm his shards, and you get three tries a day (unless you pay 50 gems for a reset)

Why would anyone want to farm an Ewok Scout up to 4* or hell, even 7* when in two weeks they can get a 4* Luminara or Sidious, and farm them to 7*?

Or take another character with only one level for farming, like Old Daka, she has just one level to farm and of course Cantina Battles. She is the best Dark Side healer with solid utility. Why would anyone in their right mind farm a 1* Ewok Scout over a 4* Daka?!

The game is not balanced for this reason alone.

What they should do is have 1* and 2* characters' shards drop more often from Bronzium cards, ex: 2-5 at a time vice just 1 measly shard for a Royal Guard.

They could also overhaul level shards locations and 'drop rates' to help balance out the pool of characters played.

There are so many bugs in this game (Chromium packs bug being the most egregious) and yet instead of fixes, we see they are releasing an 'increase to lvl 70' update instead. So now, that same pool of high level characters will continue to be farmed and the Ewok Scout will rot on the vine. Sigh.

• Otar
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Lol, if you guys can't see the inbalance of the game, you are 1- blind or 2- stupid. SO MANY INBALANCES IT MAKES MY HEAD SPIN!