GW in 7mins

Prev134
Amnor
116 posts Member
Ive just finished my todays GW run in under 7mins. The whole run was obviously on auto, using 2 teams only - first 6 battles droids (HK, 86, 88, Poogle, Han), second 6 battle my arena team (Barris, QGJ, Rey, GS, RG). Noone died through the whole GW.
Was that the goal of the recent changes? The only part of the game that was at least slightly challenging is now gone.
I can live with it, but do I like it? Im not sure.
It looks like its not a game anymore if one can press auto button and go through all actvities without a single thought.

Replies

• It seems like the ea crew was trying to address a real issue in a kinda lazy way by using the same gw template and just taking node 6 teams and stretching them to 11 then one slightly challenging team in there at the end. I agree. I wish the redesign was less nodes with some nuanced origial team variations. I do however appreciate the efforts and the lack of 4 meta boring teams nodes 7-11.
  • I am also disappointed about the lack of challenge now. Full Auto mode and not even the slightest probability that I would loose a toon. Went through with almost full health by just adding a healer. No risk to even loose a toon in blind auto mode. No fun anymore...this GW is.
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Would be cool if in the reset button we could choose between "Easy mode" or "Hard mode". They already have both matchmaking algorithm, wouldn't be hard to develop.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    fberbert wrote: »
    Would be cool if in the reset button we could choose between "Easy mode" or "Hard mode". They already have both matchmaking algorithm, wouldn't be hard to develop.

Maybe have "Hard" give out 10% more credits and extra training droids.
  • timmcneil79
    31 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Teague wrote: »

Yes.. need two options, a challenging mode for better rewards.

• Zekex
    474 posts Member

No you shouldn't penalize people for wanting to have a quicker GW. Hard mode, if implemented, should be optional and have no additional resources.
  • I like it,
  • Yes, hard mode please with 2 shards at last node and bit better prizes overall. Anyway I would just play for the challenge as in the moment there is no fun running the auto, and not running auto is no fun either as this would be just waisting more time. I would wish they bring back a bit challenge in GW soon. And that the stop listening to the weak minded whiners and double check careful if a feedback is reasonable or rather a lack of skill or patience. Now they gave really incorporated a win (auto) button into the GW. What a disappointment to eager and skillful players. Perhaps they could react and adjust into the middle of the algorithm if the past and now? Hope they notice what they have done...
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Considering highest power rating team I've fielded in arena is over 40k, I like the change. I was getting lvl 80 maxed gear 38k, 39k power teams starting at node 5 or 6.
    Lvl 80 teams at node 3. It wasn't fun.
  • A more intelligent GW is preferred but I'll take the status quo for the time being.
  • Considering highest power rating team I've fielded in arena is over 40k, I like the change. I was getting lvl 80 maxed gear 38k, 39k power teams starting at node 5 or 6.
    Lvl 80 teams at node 3. It wasn't fun.

Agree but ea doesnt seem to have a middle ground. Its either ridiculous hard or easy.
  • Zekex wrote: »

No you shouldn't penalize people for wanting to have a quicker GW. Hard mode, if implemented, should be optional and have no additional resources.

Hard mode is the exact opposite of a penalty. Its a reward. You reward those who chose to take the risk of hard mode with chance of not finishing.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Zekex wrote: »

Hard mode is the exact opposite of a penalty. Its a reward. You reward those who chose to take the risk of hard mode with chance of not finishing.

NO.NO.NO.

Credits are not an optional thing when it comes to progression of characters,especially with the credit crunch going on

Mobile games should always be designed with the working adult in mind,it should be played on the go and not require too much effort and time. By designing a hard mode that is non-optional because it provides resources required to progress, you are going against the intent of mobile games.

Implementation of a hard mode(with extra rewards) would return us to pre-update GW again,where people who had the time and patience to complete GW were receiving more credits than people who did not have the time or patience to complete galactic chore.

Make it optional, no extra rewards, so that people who have the time can do the extra challenge.Don't ask for extra rewards.

NO.NO.NO.

Credits are not an optional thing when it comes to progression of characters,especially with the credit crunch going on

Mobile games should always be designed with the working adult in mind,it should be played on the go and not require too much effort and time. By designing a hard mode that is non-optional because it provides resources required to progress, you are going against the intent of mobile games.

Make it optional, no extra rewards, so that people who have the time can do the extra challenge.Don't ask for extra rewards.

Yeah i mean optional. You wont lose anything you dont already get. So no penalty just a reward if you wanna take the risk and go hard mode
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Please read my points carefully and respond accordingly, especially the bolded parts.

btw, a plus to people who have the time to complete hard mode is definitely a minus to people who don't have the time and patience to complete it.
  • Yeah i read it and i think the reason they adressed the gw time issue was because of your concerns. But for those who want more of a challenge and have more time as you say why not have a reward for the time and risk. You might not make it if your squad isnt deep enough which is another thing players should be rewarded for. Not just having 2 awesome teams to roll through the current mode. I can play the whole thing with one team now. So when you said penalty i mean dont penalize the working adult in the spirit of mobile games. But you could very well lose a hard mode and end up getting less or equal rewards. For that risk i see adding an incentive. Im not clear why you wouldnt think this risk and time merits that incentive?
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Resources are used to upgrade your arena toons and your raid toons. With more resources, you can be ahead of others in arena/raid. This is the reason why any additional resources given in hard mode would put those with additional time ahead of others who don't.

This WILL be disadvantageous to those who don't have the time and patience to run hard mode.This WILL be a return to GW pre-update.If you can't see the obvious similarities between pre-update GW and what you are suggesting, then there is no hope for you.

Why are you so adamant that you should get better rewards for completing hard mode? I can pre-load, retreat as much as you. It doesn't take skill. Why should you be rewarded more for a skilless challenge?
    Resources are used to upgrade your arena toons and your raid toons. With more resources, you can be ahead of others in arena/raid. This is the reason why any additional resources given in hard mode would put those with additional time ahead of others who don't.

This WILL be disadvantageous to those who don't have the time and patience to run hard mode.This WILL be a return to GW pre-update.If you can't see the obvious similarities between pre-update GW and what you are suggesting, then there is no hope for you.

Why are you so adamant that you should get better rewards for completing hard mode? I can pre-load, retreat as much as you. It doesn't take skill. Why should you be rewarded more for a skilless challenge?

Well im not adamant about a skillless challenge with more rewards. I have had some rough times like everyone pre update. The disparity in the game isnt because of of those who have the time to complete galactic war and those who dont:). Its pay to play vs free to play and a hard mode with extra rewards is a free way to bridge that gap if anything. Im not talking crazy extra rewards.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Well im not adamant about a skillless challenge with more rewards. I have had some rough times like everyone pre update. The disparity in the game isnt because of of those who have the time to complete galactic war and those who dont:). Its pay to play vs free to play and a hard mode with extra rewards is a free way to bridge that gap if anything. Im not talking crazy extra rewards.

I never said the disparity in the game was mainly due to gw. Do not twist my words. Resources gained by everyone through gw should be equal. Your suggestion is making it unfair to people who don't have time to complete hard node.
  • It has to be very frustrating to be the game development because people whined for ages that GW was too hard and took too long now people are complaining it's too easy and not a challenge. I think the GW is fine as it is now, still took me 15 - 20 minutes.

Another good change made by the development team. Thanks EA.

I never said the disparity in the game was mainly due to gw. Do not twist my words. Resources gained by everyone through gw should be equal. Your suggestion is making it unfair to people who don't have time to complete hard node.

So your saying it should be equal why? Why if the effort is not equal? I think you mentioned mobile games and it going against some principle. What mandates us to this principle? Intuitively it doesnt make sense. I never pledged allegiance to some gaming principle that more effort and more risk should not be rewarded. I cant blindly accept some magic premise as it goes against the reality that more effort is naturally incentivised. I dont see that as being unfair at all. Quite the opposite. sorry for twisting your words. You in fact did not say it was the main disparity but i falsely assumed you were.
  • I think the different opinion is based on the different perceptions that an unfeasible additional time consuming effort shall be avoided. Means as long we exclude excessive additional time we might agree on the fact that more challenge, risk, skill difficilty and a mix of this factor should be honored in the payout?
  • I think the different opinion is based on the different perceptions that an unfeasible additional time consuming effort shall be avoided. Means as long we exclude excessive additional time we might agree on the fact that more challenge, risk, skill difficilty and a mix of this factor should be honored in the payout?

I didnt understand that to be the case as the gw was referred to as a skillless exercise where the only distinction was time spent. There was no reference to my point that deeper rosters and skill would be rewarded:). And keep in mind im talking maybe like 20 crystals a few purple mats, 50000 credits and another shard type extra, not outrageous to me anyway. Gw is the one area i like because it seems to be the only place to use specialized toons as they were designed, aka really play this game. In arena you have to pay extra to use specialized squads or you will be punished by dropping rank or sniped if you substitute a player other than your best all around team. This creates a space to play where you either pay for refreshes or your forced to pick a team that is best against any team, thus how the meta is created. If i want to play this game and use my jawa against a droid team, i will pay in the end, somehow. That is blah and way less fun. And the reason you cant be creative is because the game doesnt allow your team to be protected during payout time.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    It seems like the ea crew was trying to address a real issue in a kinda lazy way by using the same gw template

This is the real issue. The GW template just sucks, as long as you're playing against other people's Arena teams, it's always gonna be the same boring squad compositions, regardless of difficulty.
    Just generate random teams already.

• Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Random teams would be more fun. I'd like to play against other combinations.
  • Igor08 wrote: »
    It seems like the ea crew was trying to address a real issue in a kinda lazy way by using the same gw template

This is the real issue. The GW template just sucks, as long as you're playing against other people's Arena teams, it's always gonna be the same boring squad compositions, regardless of difficulty.
    Just generate random teams already.

Exactly why they look the same:). It doesnt even have to be random. Players would be happy to supply ea with a hundred different interesting team combos.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    If it's too easy for you use 4 toons or 3 toons.
  • M31Andro
    253 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    It's amazing how people did nothing but whine whine whine "wahhh GW is horrible because it's too hard, and it takes too long wahhhhh" so they address the issue, and the response from people? "GW is too easy and is too fast wahhhhh" what the heck is wrong with everyone? Quit whining....good god it's a GAME. They did exactly what people have been asking for. I, for one never complained about the difficulty, and I still won't, as long as I can collect my 500k coins every day.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Hybridplug wrote: »
    It has to be very frustrating to be the game development because people whined for ages that GW was too hard and took too long now people are complaining it's too easy and not a challenge. I think the GW is fine as it is now, still took me 15 - 20 minutes.

Another good change made by the development team. Thanks EA.

I have never complained about GW being to hard since I was always able to finish it daily with one team. Neither I complain now when it can be done on auto in less than 7 minutes. I take things as they are.
    I just dont think GoH should be called 'a game' anymore. Game should require some skills. Right now even a monkey can play it succesfully.
    And I dont agree it was a matter of time/patience. It was always a matter of skills - in chosing right heroes to build, finding the right synergies, playing the battles to maximize your strenghts and abuse all opponents weakneses and so on...
    Before the update GW was still easily doable - it took a bit more time, yes, but I never had to play more than 45 minutes. Plus it didnt have to be played straight from the start to the end. 45 minutes daily for a mobile game its not too much, especially that all other activities dont take more than another 15.