Sid Overrated

Am I the only one who things Sid is vastly overrated? I see him in almost every team I face but I find him easy to kill. I decided to unlock him myself and at 4* with level 6 gear he's easy for the opposition to kill, too. Does he become much better at higher gear/star levels?

Replies

• I'm trying to replace him for aesthetic reasons because there are other characters I just like better. I mean he's god **** Darth Sidious. Who likes the guy?

But that said, he's extremely useful unless your team is full of epic hard hitters that can take a toon down every turn. For the majority of people synergies his heal immunity is just the difference makers of difference makers.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    He's fast, easy to get and has a useful basic attack.

Won't be as popular down the road as he is now.
  • I think this thread has been made a million times, but yes he is overrated
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Azrex_Dren wrote: »
    I'm trying to replace him for aesthetic reasons because there are other characters I just like better. I mean he's god **** Darth Sidious. Who likes the guy?

But that said, he's extremely useful unless your team is full of epic hard hitters that can take a toon down every turn. For the majority of people synergies his heal immunity is just the difference makers of difference makers.

That's a big deal for PVP especially in the initial phases of many rosters. Maybe not even initial, but maturing rosters. Even after you're level 60, but still broadening the roster. Due to PVE and GW, building healers, especially early on in the game is critical. Generally people will have heal tactics with their squads and lean more heavily on that skill - Jedi in particular ... well that's like money for Sid with heal block and also evasion on Jedi. Later on though as damage and speed really overpower the heal / turtle builds in a big way, heal becomes a much less important skill. I haven't ran a healer in PVP in weeks and I'm not the only one. People will still use Sid, but it becomes more about his leader skill and leveraging that in a speed build that puts out high damage. His evasion (because Jedi become less common) and his heal block (few realy on heal as a winning tactic now) become more secondary. Against non-Jedi he's really easy to kill and squishy and his damage is decent but nothing really scary. I still like him a lot though, but as the teams you face change later on his utility diminishes somewhat. Early on though when it's Sid / Dooku vs. a heal heavy Jedi team (JC, Lumi, etc.) though....that's tough on the Jedi squad.