Six Man Team Challenge!

MrGrips
521 posts Member
edited June 2016
Hi. People like to talk around here about how there are no unbeatable teams in arena and I believe you. But what about when the odds are stacked against you? Can you beat your opponent when they get to.. Borrow an ally? Tell me the team you think could beat these six man teams (bonus points if youre using your own chars) and prove team
composition is enough to beat tough odds. Assume all chars at at max level and max current possible gear.

Quick Jedi Counter-Squad:
QGJ (L)
Aayla
Yoda
Luminara
Ahsoka
Ima-Gun-Di (L)

Ultra-Droid Squad
Poggle(L)
Ig88
Ig86
B2
JE
HK-47(L)

Rebels:
Ackbar(L)
HRSoldier
HRScout
SThan
Leia
Lando(L)

Broken Iphone Team
Dooku(L)
Rey
QGJ
RG
SThan
Old Ben (L)

Like I said bonus points if you can use your own chars, but if you cant its cool, just use hypothetical maxed gear/level chars. But you only get 5!

If you think a team is impossible, maybe instead state the team with the best chances of winning. If you think a team is beatable, id appreciate your opinion on how beatable/easy/hard that team is.

Replies

• Interesting idea. I think a stun team could beat your Jedi and rebels teams.

Dooku (L)
    Daka
    Aayla
    RG
    Asaaj maybe? Dengar?
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Interesting idea. I think a stun team could beat your Jedi and rebels teams.

Dooku (L)
    Daka
    Aayla
    RG
    Asaaj maybe? Dengar?

Nice! I can see this working on the jedi, since this squad could beat the jedis without IGD, and they nullify the counter he would add. Do you see any difficulty in beating them this way though?

As for the rebels, maybe it would work but the incredible +40 speed boost means youre gonna get taunted before being able to stun(?).
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    For the Jedi I would turn to my Teebo as lead, throw in Daka, RG, Rey and Q to get rid of some ten up. The counters would pretty much be a non-factor with my toons stealthing, and as soon as QGJ is out there are no major threats in case a toon drops below 50%.

My clones + ST Han could take on and probably beat the droids in 9 out of 10 attempts. Unless I have all ability blocked it should not be too difficult, though with an additional Poggle lead they could be dangerous.

The Rebel squad is a nightmare, I have faced similar teams and they take a ridiculous amount of turns. Since debuffs only help Ackbar heal better I would return to my clones here, probably with ST Han again. All Rebels go and have crit up and Han taunts, Echo does his AoE and none of the buffs are left, then my Han taunts and soaks up all those attacks while my clones get 20 or 35% TM every time he's hit.

That evasion team is the only one I see where RNG plays a major role whether I could beat them or not, all those evades with TM gain and OU seem like a new level of annoyance. My best bet again would probably be clones + Han because they are my most developed toons.
    Maybe someone who has B2 could have fun facing that squad but otherwise I don't have an immediate solution on how that team could be beat reliably without good RNG
  • RamaGiizis
    59 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Quick Jedi Counter-Squad:
    • QGJ (L)
    • Aayla
    • Yoda
    • Luminara
    • Ahsoka
    • Ima-Gun-Di (L)
    • Maul (L)
    • Dooku
    • Sidious
    • Daka
    • RG
    Ultra-Droid Squad:
    • Poggle(L)
    • Ig88
    • Ig86
    • B2
    • JE
    • HK-47(L)
    • Old Ben (L)
    • EK
    • IGD
    • Jawa
    • Ugnaught
    Rebels:
    • Ackbar(L)
    • HRSoldier
    • HRScout
    • SThan
    • Leia
    • Lando(L)
    • Chirpa (L)
    • Elder
    • Scout
    • Teebo
    • ST Han
    Broken iPhone Android Team:
    • Dooku(L)
    • Rey
    • QGJ
    • RG
    • SThan
    • Old Ben (L)
    • Bane
    • Vessel
    • Greedo
    • Han
    • B2

There could be better compositions, but I've tried to choose a theme for every team and stick with it; I think they are pretty effective!
    Post edited by RamaGiizis on
    Rāma || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 80 || I've the bad habit of editing my writings soon after I've posted 'em
  • Oldben(L) ahsoka(borrowed) ? +30% evade 50%TM / evade
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Old Ben meta team with STH could wreck Jedi counter team. Old Ben will ability block opposing team long enough for a taunting STH to to keep feeding Rey TM and have her go wild.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Using only my own characters,

Leader
    MNuVWOp.jpg

Line Up
    5OL78z6.jpg
    FOhbviF.jpg
    Screenshot_20160619-112640.png
    Npqnsjl.jpg

Second Leader
    eszXoYh.jpg

Truly unstoppable :*
  • I have a problem with people going too many time. Their characters are going 5 times to my one.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    KeKattia wrote: »
    For the Jedi I would turn to my Teebo as lead, throw in Daka, RG, Rey and Q to get rid of some ten up. The counters would pretty much be a non-factor with my toons stealthing, and as soon as QGJ is out there are no major threats in case a toon drops below 50%.

My clones + ST Han could take on and probably beat the droids in 9 out of 10 attempts. Unless I have all ability blocked it should not be too difficult, though with an additional Poggle lead they could be dangerous.

The Rebel squad is a nightmare, I have faced similar teams and they take a ridiculous amount of turns. Since debuffs only help Ackbar heal better I would return to my clones here, probably with ST Han again. All Rebels go and have crit up and Han taunts, Echo does his AoE and none of the buffs are left, then my Han taunts and soaks up all those attacks while my clones get 20 or 35% TM every time he's hit.

That evasion team is the only one I see where RNG plays a major role whether I could beat them or not, all those evades with TM gain and OU seem like a new level of annoyance. My best bet again would probably be clones + Han because they are my most developed toons.
    Maybe someone who has B2 could have fun facing that squad but otherwise I don't have an immediate solution on how that team could be beat reliably without good RNG

This is a really good and well thought out post. I think the clones vs droids is solid and the plan to use stealth vs the jedi is good too.

Rebels are tough yeah... How decent do you think your chances are with your strategy? Sthan is a good plan but there is so much damage output/speed i can imagine the initial deluge of attack could be hard to overcome.

Lol yeah the last squad is maybe the hardest. I would imagine even with B2 it might be difficult to overcome, since old ben would also slow initial momentum with mind tricks and wed also have the dooku counter/stuning.
    scuba wrote: »
    Old Ben meta team with STH could wreck Jedi counter team. Old Ben will ability block opposing team long enough for a taunting STH to to keep feeding Rey TM and have her go wild.
    @scuba
    Ahh this looks like a good plan too. I guess jedi arent the best team even stacked huh. Maybe there are a better pick of 2 leaders for an all-jedi squad. Curious, what decent squad do you think the squad I have would do best against?
    Aero wrote: »
    Using only my own characters,

Truly unstoppable :*
    I saw the arena suicide post but I feel like the speed and offense up could make this pretty decent, maybe make those aoe's hard enough make a big difference.
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Similar to @Aero

Don't let Tarkin fool you. He will hit for 10k+ on basic with Vader as leader. And Snowtrooper AoE isn't something to be shrugged off.

Leader
    SKEEtrn.jpg
    m3n8779.jpg
    ckHQtvw.jpg
    fMLZdei.jpg
    rfEBEgD.jpg

Leader 2
    5kWb2NZ.jpg

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    @1AmYourFath3r nice! You got some gear levels on me!
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    What if you could spend Ally Points in the arena, for defense or offense, might be fun. Ally points aren't p2w (yet) and don't really have a use outside of refreshing the inconsistent events and the miniscule chance of getting a character from bronzium data cards
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Aero wrote: »
    @1AmYourFath3r nice! You got some gear levels on me!

@Aero

So. Many. Stun. Cuffs. And once you think you're done, enter raid gear... And more stun cuffs. They are worth it though. I haven't had this much fun since I started playing. I am jelly of your veers though. He's not the quickest to farm. Mine is still sitting at 5*.
    Post edited by 1AmYourFath3r on
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Cool Empire Squads guys.
    SodenBowl.com
  • 6 man teams will be a game changer in arena
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    What if you could spend Ally Points in the arena, for defense or offense, might be fun. Ally points aren't p2w (yet) and don't really have a use outside of refreshing the inconsistent events and the miniscule chance of getting a character from bronzium data cards

I don't like the idea of some people who have tens of thousands of ally points being able to just go crazy on my arena leaderboard.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Furby435_ wrote: »
    I have a problem with people going too many time. Their characters are going 5 times to my one.

What team are you running that this happens? Did you look at the speeds of different characters?
    Rebels are tough yeah... How decent do you think your chances are with your strategy? Sthan is a good plan but there is so much damage output/speed i can imagine the initial deluge of attack could be hard to overcome.

It's tough to say, Leia goes stealth first, the Scout, can hit hard but all are maxed gear so certainly wouldn't loose more than half protection, then Han taunts, Lando uses AoE, Ackbar TG and the Soldier taunts and would then get to go again with the lowest damage. Sure there are four assists in there and if Leia or Scout go it can be painful, but I'm pretty sure all clones would get a go at the latest after Lando's AoE and if they do, well I have Rex to unstun in case Scout stunned, he can also remove TM, Echo can use his AoE to get rid of the first taunt and crit chance up and of course Leia's stealth, CS can remove 50% TM and will likely do so on at least 3 toons, Fives will slow down Leia or can use the assist to drop someone's protection. If I just get one turn out of ST Han I think that would be enough turn the tides in my favour.