Advice against elite arena team.

Remorhaz
149 posts Member
The usual number 1 on my shard rocks Rex lead, Leia and Rey protected by sun fac and RG. Does that team have a weakness? From my view it has everything you could want in an arena team save an evasion lead but it doesn't seem to need it.

I'm f2p so my options are limited to the usual suspects but I am curious what type of team outside of the mirror can take it down.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    A team most would never use.

Asajj, daka, Rey, RG other stun/dps.

Beat Rey down till you trigger RG taunt, leia will be stealthed, hopefully Rex has put up tenacity up and sunfac has taunted. Then use "slow" Asajj to remove it all and than stun control leia till Rey is dead. Repeat with leia.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Bet my clone squad with RG could beat it but for ftp. Hmm
    Maybe qui gon lead...old Ben with qui lead goes before Rex so he can't use his tenacity. Tanks don't work cause of sun Fac so use Daka to stun me thinks. Gotta perma stun Rex or he gets tenacity and it all goes to ****...and say Rey or another max tier dps, GS,FOTP etc. and 1 dispeller, echo (not Ftp) so assajj or plo would work, the basic strategy is to get bens special up, focus Rey down to 60% the blast her with your dps to kill.. Focus RG next while doing your best to keep Rex stunned. Only dispel if they get tenacity or sun taunts. Work em down and hope to hell you don't get blown up by leia... It ain't a perfect science that's a real tough team... A rebel team might also work
  • CountTucu
    62 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    That team is exactly like one of the top teams of my shard. I am f2p just like you, and I have no problem defeating it (even being a fully maxed team).

My team is Dooku (g9) lead, RG (g9), Rey (g9), QGJ (g9) and STHan (g10). My strategy is to go straight for Rey to bring her below 50% hp, so his RG taunts. Next step is attack RG until Sun Fac taunts, so you are able to dispel his taunt with QGJ, then proceed to finish Rey. By that time Leia should be out of stealth, so try to bring her down next (if not, focus on Rex). While doing this, you should try to stunlock Sun Fac with RG, so he can't dispel Hans taunt.

That is the order I use to attack him and so far I have always won against him
  • Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    Options
    CountTucu wrote: »
    That team is exactly like one of the top teams of my shard. I am f2p just like you, and I have no problem defeating it (even being a fully maxed team).

My team is Dooku (g9) lead, RG (g9), Rey (g9), QGJ (g9) and STHan (g10). My strategy is to go straight for Rey to bring her below 50% hp, so his RG taunts. Next step is attack RG until Sun Fac taunts, so you are able to dispel his taunt with QGJ, then proceed to finish Rey. By that time Leia should be out of stealth, so try to bring her down next (if not, focus on Rex). While doing this, you should try to stunlock Sun Fac with RG, so he can't dispel Hans taunt.

That is the order I use to attack him and so far I have always won against him

Nice! Ill give it a whirl. It is my unfamiliarity with sun fac and Rex that has been tripping me up. I run the same squad you do but my gear isn't quite as good. RG is still 8 and Han is 9 and some times qui gon is daka when I'm taking on teams with RG only.

• 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    I face that comp every day. I use Phasma (L), fotp, RG, Rey and QGJ. All maxed except RG. He'll be there soon. All are ftp farm able, with fotp being the long haul. Leia, might be quicker. I beat everything with this. Droids, evasion, clones. EVERYTHING! But, needs to be max geared and promoted. Patience is a must. You'll still get beaten back on D. Everything will, but time it right, and you'll stay top 10.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Remorhaz wrote: »
    The usual number 1 on my shard rocks Rex lead, Leia and Rey protected by sun fac and RG. Does that team have a weakness? From my view it has everything you could want in an arena team save an evasion lead but it doesn't seem to need it.

I'm f2p so my options are limited to the usual suspects but I am curious what type of team outside of the mirror can take it down.
    Good luck beating Philotomy :)
  • Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Mazurka wrote: »
    Remorhaz wrote: »

Good luck beating Philotomy :)

I only have a chance a few days a week based on my work schedule. it could be awhile considering your guild clears multiple heroics a week and mine clears a tier VI in 8 days :)