RG or QGJ to gear 9 first?

Speaker4thedead
444 posts Member
edited June 2016
Hi guys. Currently, I have GS at gear 10 and Rey at gear 9. Which would be the best to gear 9 first? QGJ or RG? Both are 7* level 80...

I use them.both in arena.

I'm leaning towards QGJ simply for doing better in raids

Replies

• Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Yes QGJ. RG can handle himself, hes quite bulky, taking QGJ to the next gear is great since he'll get bulkier. QGJ is just a great char.
  • Thanks @Salgado9. That's who I did. Now, let me share the results...

I picked QGJ, and took him to gear 9. Without having to do ANYTHING other than craft and equip, I was able to to immediately take him to gear X. This was great! Then I was able to take him 2 away from XI. QGJ immediately jumped from the last spot in my 1st row, to the #1 spot in my squad. He jumped the already gear X GS.

I was very excited by this last night. However come today, I dont know if it was the correct move. QGJ used to have the least amount of health on my arena squad. He was always targeted first by the CPU. Practically every match he would die. This wasn't a problem as my 7* gear IX Rey could always make up the difference. Now I held pretty well over night. I went to bed at #35 in the arena (day 1 server.) And I woke this morning at #43. Not bad. So I get up and start my battles for the day. I lost every battle. Now rather than the CPU going after QGJ, they go after Rey 1st. Rey was taken out every battle today... And the real issue with that, is that my QGJ cannot make up the difference, as Rey could.

Gotta get Rey leveled asap. I sure wish I had precrafted...
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Wow, how was your rey not protected by RG? I mean at least you didn't drop overnight a lot. QGJ is quite a beast. Make sure you lead rey with leverage to grant her that foresight. And be careful with debuffers who can take RGs taunt. Or you can even run rg and sthan to basically make sure you have a taunt all the time.
  • I think QGJ is the better choice, but I would argue that RG is useless at g8 if you're a high rank in arena. He doesn't pose any threat until g9 because he just doesn't have enough health and protection
  • I think the AI has a tendency to target your weakest toons. Before I got Rey to G10, she was usually targeted first. As soon as I got her to g10, my G8 Daka is now targeted and dies first. Not cool.
  • Nah, I'd say RG.
  • RG for me too
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I just upgraded my RG yesterday after having upgraded QGJ a day earlier (both at 6*). I must say that taking RG to gear level 9 made the biggest difference. 9k more effective health (health + protection) after having equipped him with the easy farmable gear at level 9. That is HUGE. He's no longer taken down by a buffed/geared Rey but actually protects my squad.
    Upgradin QGJ was nice too but nowhere near the huge difference for upgrading RG.
  • Yeah guys, in retrospect, I wish I would of done RG. But that's ok. I'm averaging spot 12 on tier 7 raids. Yesterday alone I got 25 (half) more of the droid callers that I need to take RG to 9.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gratz! :-)
  • Mol_Eliza12
    100 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I made a big decision: I won't use QGJ is SWGOH. Mainly because I unlocked him at 1* and I have other toons to farm through cantina shipments than him. Also because when I looked at videos of 7* gear X QGJ accompanied of other maxed toons, he didn't look that great to me. So I'm done with him.
  • I made a big decision: I won't use QGJ is SWGOH. Mainly because I unlocked him at 1* and I have other toons to farm through cantina shipments than him. Also because when I looked at videos of 7* gear X QGJ accompanied of other maxed toons, he didn't look that great to me. So I'm done with him.

Interesting... I unlocked him at 2*...

Today, I was able to max my QGJ. He has about 14k health and 15k protection. He calls an assist every other move. His 3rd attack will break the taunt you are bound to find with everyone and their brother having RG. And give your entire squad offense up. When you are a max level player that stuff matters... And those are his abilities w/o Omega upgrades. With Omega, his basic has a 65% chance to remove 30% TM (ABSOLUTELY HUGE IN RAIDS.) His assist move (every other move) will give the person called for the assist health, and his 3rd move breaks taunts, and gives offense up for 2 turns.

Not to mention the damage he does at max level, as well as how fast he moves overall.

Then if they change his leader ability to give speed up to all allies (I know I read this somewhere) granted, it may if been speculation. But if not, this adds even MORE value to QGJ

It is without question foolish to give up on QGJ. He is on of the most useful toons on the game.
  • I made a big decision: I won't use QGJ is SWGOH. Mainly because I unlocked him at 1* and I have other toons to farm through cantina shipments than him. Also because when I looked at videos of 7* gear X QGJ accompanied of other maxed toons, he didn't look that great to me. So I'm done with him.

This either a terrible troll attempt or demonstrates a highly disturbing lack of knowledge about the game.

This either a terrible troll attempt or demonstrates a highly disturbing lack of knowledge about the game.

+1000 lol....but....yeah....what he said.