Return of the droids

I lost an arena fight for the first time in a long time. My team is qgj lead with rey gs sthan and rg. Qgj and rey are g10 and rest are g9. I play in a late december server. My team power is 36500 and the highest power in my server is iver 39k. I finish 1st on payout almost everyday due to being in an asian timezone. So thats my background.
There is a new team in my server that i lost to twice out of 4 times. Hk47 lead. Ig88 ig86 je and rg. His je is only 5 stars and his team power is 33.5k. He demolished my team twice. Any advice? Thoughs?

Replies

• Avoid JE and droids? But kill JE first if you face him. I lose more to this team than any others.
  • Nicol_Bolas
    375 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yep those teams have started popping up since a few weeks ago. I deal with a team that has G9 JE, G10 HK, 88, B2, and G11 86.

Evasion lead allows you to dodge some of the key hits, so old ben/dooku teams work. Another option is to gear up your toons significantly to tank the hits. My team consists of G10 phasma/RG/Rey and G11 STH/QGJ. With those gear levels I can survive the initial **** and retaliate.

I have heard of clone teams being very good against droids as well, but I haven't had experience with those since I didn't buy Rex/Echo.

Strategy wise, you absolutely have to take out IG88 and IG86 first. HK47, RG, and JE all do minimal damage so they don't threaten to kill you team. You need to hit either IG88 or IG86 hard and fast with QGJ/Rey and try to stun the other. IG88 is generall easier to kill. Don't overlook QGJ's basic attack to remove TM... that can be a life-saver sometimes.

Don't worry about killing JE right off the bat since he's already served his purpose. Yes, he can revive a droid, but you can kill the revived droid with one hit anyway.
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    Ive seen some use this setup. Also seen poggle instead of JE. I take my B2 and laugh on this combo. If you dont have aoe clense or enemy buffs clensing character it can be difficulty.
  • I run that exact droid team only with 6* JE.
    Rex lead with a clone squad is my bane.
    Rex lead with any other characters is no problem.
    Old ben omegad leader with Rey, RG and st Han G10 can be really troublesome and I tend to switch out RG for SF on these so if he only uses RG you could try that.
  • jomamaphat
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I put qgj lead just so he goes first but against this team that isnt the case. Luckily for now i havent seen his team ranked 1 so just a stepping stone that i can just avoid or put g10 ben in lead
  • I also lost for the first time in ages to hk47 (l), 88, 86, B2 and JE.
    But it was kinda my fault for not focusing JE first.
  • Rex lead or Evasion lead usually does well against Droid teams, I know for experience. I have a couple guys on my shard that run Rex or Evasion lead and avoid them like the plague.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    I run droids. Dooku is no problem. Ben/Han/rey/anyone is a droid killer.
  • LastJedi wrote: »

Yep....and Rex leader especially is a droid killer.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I run exactly that droid team and for me Fives is extremly annoying. Sometimes I loose 3vs1 against him, because I don't have any protection left and the droids don't have much life anyway. RG is already dead or has less than 50% life, so I can't stun him. And focus him first is no option. Gets me every time, so I try to avoid teams who have Fives.

So maybe he can help you out instead of SThan for example.
  • Fatzke wrote: »
    I run exactly that droid team and for me Fives is extremly annoying. Sometimes I loose 3vs1 against him, because I don't have any protection left and the droids don't have much life anyway. RG is already dead or has less than 50% life, so I can't stun him. And focus him first is no option. Gets me every time, so I try to avoid teams who have Fives.

5s also because of the slow - slowing droids really exposes their need for the HK TM gain.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Fatzke wrote: »

I run that team too and I agree about fives. His health/protection is almost as high as G10 RG and you might as well say he counters 100% of the time since it's a rarity for him not to. What I do is stack JE's detonators on him (when they stick) and make sure to kill fives before RG is dead so he absorbs his hits. Don't save him for last. Use JE's heal often, not just to revive a droid. Whenever anyone gets in the yellow. As fast as he is it cools down in no time.

I hardly ever lose against the AI with a droid/JE/RG team but they're all max gear levels 10-11. That's the key. I'm able to reach #1 every day and don't drop much.
  • @jomamaphat dude I think we're in the same server. That's pretty cool
  • LastJedi wrote: »

How so? Its only 7,5 turnmeter gain fon non clones?
  • ichotolot wrote: »
    LastJedi wrote: »

How so? Its only 7,5 turnmeter gain fon non clones?

But on AOE crits it stacks - like the opposite of the droids TM gain. So if 88 AOE crits a lot - yes he jumps up again to hit - but my team's TMs all get juiced too. So 88 critting a bunch on my team is a losing tactic since it pushes up my entire team. Additionally, all it needs to do is push up Rex anyway - because then he has a TM push skill as well with his Squad Discipline and he can push up the team the rest of the way...I run him with Phasma and she gives a second TM push or slow all the droids with Fusillade - slow droids are dead droids. The tenacity up from Rex also blocks HK's meatbag from having any neg effects impact and the cleanse reduces 88s damage output in later round since there are no negative effects. Lastly...his leader buffs health meters - so additional health for tanking the damage. There are 3-4 high level droid squads on my server - g10+ top tier squads - one has B2, one no B2 but uses RG, one uses all droids no taunter. The focus fire targets change a bit, but I have yet to lose to droids yet with the Rex lead team - and only once was it close - generally I have no deaths or maybe 1 with all others in green and with protection still. Before using Rex I would use evasion leader, and that is decent as well, but if the evasion RNG doesn't proc for you the droids can RNG focus fire you right off the battlefield - especially with B2 and if you are trying to use RG for protection and B2 dispels / buff blocks RG.
  • Yeeeeeeeeah, bye Old Ben, bye Whales
  • Any fast team that can take out 88 or 86 in the first 2 rounds is tough for droids. Rey is tough. You have to time her hits so RG doesnt taunt and you can finish her with 86's assist attack. If you mistime that or she dodges and RG gets his taunt on, that can be bad. I also try to leave HK's and 88's AOE available because you often need to finish her off when someone is taunting.

I find with the droids, one misplayed or mistimed attack can blow up a battle.
  • I disagree, Rey is not a problem.
    Dodge is still the meta problem, even for a droid team with B2, it's still RNG dependant.

And then any Rex/clones team laughs at droids

I also met a super tank-heavy team , on which I hardly made a dent.
    it was something like :
    Old Ben (L) - 5s - Gamo Guard - RG - Sun fac
    a real nightmare

so, a droid team is much fun to play, but won't become the new meta.
    I choose the Red Pill.