GW frustration & team compesition

Hi All,

I am growing frustrated with never being able to complete GW on a daily basis. I have read quite a few posts about retreating (which I'm doing) but always come up against a team that just destroys me quick!

Here is my team Comp
JC 4* lvl 54 gear 7 + 5 slots filled
Talia 4* lvl 53 gear 7 + 3 slots filled
Chewy 4* lvl 54 gear 6 + 4 slots filled
Luma 4* lvl 54 gear 6 + 4 slots filled
Daka 4* lvl 53 gear 6 + 5 slots filled
Ventress 4* lvl 53 gear 6 + 4 slots filled
Night sister 3* lvl 53 gear 6 + 2 slots filled
Asoko 3* lvl 53 gear 6 + 4 slots filled
Sid 4* lvl 45 gear 5 + 1 slots filled

I have 14 other characters ranging in power etc.

I have been focusing on shards for
Chewy, Sid, Luma, JC as well as prioritising ability upgrades and gear for these charaters

Replies

• obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hmmm... you have four healers which is enough to complete GW on a regular basis. Who are your starting five? Can't remember, but it seems your Sid and Lumi star/gear levels are somewhat low for a level 54. Don't bother investing into Chewie. I am sure he has been great so far, but doesn't provide much value moving forward. Consider putting in three healers (Lumi and Daka, plus Talia or JC) along with Sid (L) and a DPS (preferrably one with a fast speed) as your starting five. Even though this looks like a three-healer setup, Lumi is no slouch when it comes to dealing damage (in fact, she is classified as an attacker). So it is Sid, Lumi and the DPS hero dishing out damage while Daka stuns and Talia mops up the kill or provides heal before the next round. Daka and Lumi are fast enough to heal on the following round, if necessary. Another advantage of this setup is that other than Talia/JC, the remaining four are fast, meaning you can make more use out of the retreat option (But you don't want all of them to be fast since you can only retreat after the A.I took at least one turn).

The key to success in GW is heal cool down management. Always preserve at least one heal ready for use. This means you intentionally leave slow, low damage dealers such as Barriss and Chewie as the last standing opponent so that your healers can regain their healing ability for the next match. If any of your healers get low in health, retreat, replace with other heroes, eliminate fast movers such as Sid and Dooku and insert them back to heal up. Preserve Lumi at all costs while Talia is probably the most expendable among the four. Ashoka's group heal special is too unreliable. If it works, great, but don't bank on it.
    Post edited by obiwan1011 on
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Something that has worked for me so far (slthough I'm loeer level thsn you) is to load up two hard hitting high speed charscters. Something like Geonosian Soldier + IG 86 in my case, but Sid should work too. Specially with Phasma. Then focus fire on the highest glass cannon you see, take him down, retreat and repeat.
  • Options
    When you refer to DPS, what do you mean?

A few examples please?

Luma and Sid are lower levels as I have only recently unlocked them. I am working on them

The teams that wipe me out are generally the teams with counter / extra attack and seem fast. Seems like they get 1.5 rounds to 2 before I even get a hit in. Also with retreating when I go back in to fight there is always a couple hits I need to take first
  • Options
    Oh and my starting 5
    Chewy
    Tala
    JC
    Daka
    Luma

And thank you obi for the very detailed answer

I get your point - think I'm retreating too late, not protecting my healers enough, and are using slow people
  • Options
    And the main reason I was focusing on Chewy was
    - his taunt
    - High hit points
    - Self heal
    - 40 defence boost which seems to be the best leader capability
  • KitsuAeryn
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Chewie, Tala, JC, Daka, and Luma don't have the raw power necessary to quickly neutralize threats as a single squad. You'll want to vary your starting lineups such that they only include a couple of those characters plus a few fast, hard-hitting guys. You need more "attackers", it looks like, to get the job done.

The idea is to conserve your healers and swap them out when they get hurt. Then kill off threats, leaving behind a Chewie or something alive. Then swap back in your hurt people and heal them and maybe even recharge your heal's cooldown a bit as well.
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    Crookid01 wrote: »
    When you refer to DPS, what do you mean?

A few examples please?

Luma and Sid are lower levels as I have only recently unlocked them. I am working on them

The teams that wipe me out are generally the teams with counter / extra attack and seem fast. Seems like they get 1.5 rounds to 2 before I even get a hit in. Also with retreating when I go back in to fight there is always a couple hits I need to take first

DPS stands for Damage per Second, but it usually refers to heroes with high damage. IG-88 is a classic example of a DPS hero
  • Options
    Ok great! Thanks guys
  • Options
    Crookid01 wrote: »
    And the main reason I was focusing on Chewy was
    - his taunt
    - High hit points
    - Self heal
    - 40 defence boost which seems to be the best leader capability

Won't work latter on. If you want taunter get Poe/Han. I am not much of a taunter myself so i went for boba/fives.The cons with chewy are - his taunt is only 1 turn, his hp aren't that great cuz his armor is mediocre, with all the sids running around his self heal is meaningless, he has pretty low atk, and that def boos he provides, you can replace with Lumi's leader ability - it gives you evasion + heal. Don't fool yourself - his Leader ability loses its value with the game going further. I will replace Chewy any day with Phasma/Poe/Han/Boba/Fives. If you want heavy dps toon - go for Luke - easy to farm and hard hitter. Work on your Sid and Lumi, cuz Lumi will get stronger with the new patch.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Something that has worked for me so far (slthough I'm loeer level thsn you) is to load up two hard hitting high speed charscters. Something like Geonosian Soldier + IG 86 in my case, but Sid should work too. Specially with Phasma. Then focus fire on the highest glass cannon you see, take him down, retreat and repeat.

My latest strategy is similar to this one. I'll cruise through the low levels with JC, Lumi, Ashoka, Talia, Sidius and Phasma. I save Poggle and glass cannons for that one ridiculous team to take out 1-2 of their players before bringing back my main GW team. Yes I lose the glass cannons but that usually gets me through 2 impossible rounds. This strategy only utilizes Poggle's buff though for one round in the whole GW.
  • Options
    Forgot abut Chewy - I always use him to commit suicide with my glass cannons. Usually when I can't get rid of Sidius ,I'll bring Chewy in to taunt
  • Options
    Ok made some adjustments and doing much better....

But these are the teams that demolish me...
    Speed with bonus and counter attacks!! Even with retreating when I step back in I get smashed before I can do pretty much anything

Here is the next team I am up against

All level 59 gear 7
    Duku
    5's
    Phasma
    Luma
    Sid