Help/Suggestions Welcomed for Guild and Arena Squads

Hi all! I have seen so many great suggestions and comments here, and I am hoping I can get some help as well with squads for Arena and Guild Raids.

I am level 80, and I can never seem to reliably get higher than 150 in Arena, and only score in the 100-150k range for Guild Raids each attempt. I know I'm missing some key characters like Daka, Rey, Leia, etc., but wondering with my current roster what some ideal combinations might be to try. Thanks in advance!! [img][/img]296ko3r.jpg

Replies

• It looks like you're stretching your roster too thin by trying to level up each toon a little bit. You only need 5 for a squad, plus 2 or 3 replacements. Focus on building-up your most critical toons to 7* level 80 and gear them up as much as possible.

I highly recommend getting QGJ and RG to 7* ASAP. These two made a huge difference for me in Arena, Raids, etc. and make up part of many top squads. A viable taunter, like RG, will keep the rest of your squad alive longer - plus his attack stuns.

Dooku and Phasma are 2 of the 3 top squad leaders in Arena, and should also be 7* priorities. I'd finish Savage too, since his shards are in the Arena store, and you'll have a viable tank to work with until RG is ready.

Toons that I would stop leveling are: Magmatrooper, Talia, Jedi Guardian, Boba Fett, Chewbacca and Sid.

As you progress, a team like: Phasma (leader), QGJ, RG, IG-86, and Savage (or Dooku) should help you move up in PvP. Subtitute Luminara for Savage during Raids, so you have a healer.
  • This is great feedback - thanks so much!! I spent a lot of time trying to do enough members to have really strong Dark and Light squads (to finish all levels), and then a good assortment of chars for the various events, but I agree it's spread thin. I wouldn't have thought to focus on the chars you said, but I will do that. Thanks again for your POV! :-)
  • Speaker4thedead
    444 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Hi all! I have seen so many great suggestions and comments here, and I am hoping I can get some help as well with squads for Arena and Guild Raids.

I am level 80, and I can never seem to reliably get higher than 150 in Arena, and only score in the 100-150k range for Guild Raids each attempt. I know I'm missing some key characters like Daka, Rey, Leia, etc., but wondering with my current roster what some ideal combinations might be to try. Thanks in advance!! [img][/img]296ko3r.jpg

I don't see her on here but 1st and foremost, I suggest getting Rey. You can farm her to 7* now in a matter of weeks. It took me 6 weeks to go from a handful of Rey shards to having a 7* Rey. How much difference does she really make? I'll just say that at 5* she hits for more damage than 90% of 7* toons in the game. Now that I have her I continue to set all time arena high marks.

Rey should absolutely be priority #1

Next, without question, I would finish off GS with a quickness. Rey is the only toon who will attack for more damage.

I will also 2nd the suggestion of raising QGJ and RG to 7* asap.
    It looks like you're stretching your roster too thin by trying to level up each toon a little bit. You only need 5 for a squad, plus 2 or 3 replacements. Focus on building-up your most critical toons to 7* level 80 and gear them up as much as possible.

I highly recommend getting QGJ and RG to 7* ASAP. These two made a huge difference for me in Arena, Raids, etc. and make up part of many top squads. A viable taunter, like RG, will keep the rest of your squad alive longer - plus his attack stuns.

Dooku and Phasma are 2 of the 3 top squad leaders in Arena, and should also be 7* priorities. I'd finish Savage too, since his shards are in the Arena store, and you'll have a viable tank to work with until RG is ready.

Toons that I would stop leveling are: Magmatrooper, Talia, Jedi Guardian, Boba Fett, Chewbacca and Sid.

As you progress, a team like: Phasma (leader), QGJ, RG, IG-86, and Savage (or Dooku) should help you move up in PvP. Subtitute Luminara for Savage during Raids, so you have a healer.

To be fair, Boba isnt a horrible one to continue. He can come back to life 3 or 4 times, plus his max leader ability is +50% more critical damage. Um... That in itself can win certain matches, with the right lineup.