Wait a second...

Allenb60
2171 posts Member
On the planet of Tatooine there are two suns... Why aren't there two shadows!

Replies

• IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    By pure coincidence, one sun is always behind a cloud when shadows are being filmed. :D
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    By pure coincidence, one sun is always behind a cloud when shadows are being filmed. :D

Lol
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    I wonder what the year is like there. The planets orbit would need to be pretty messed up with 2 suns, but keeping a constant climate.
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Nodoon wrote: »
    I wonder what the year is like there. The planets orbit would need to be pretty messed up with 2 suns, but keeping a constant climate.

My guess is really hot in the winters and deathly hot in the summers. My question is how come those two stars don't collide...
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    Well there are plenty of dual star systems that have been found. The stars orbit each other. It is pretty hard to imagine that life could exist in a set up like that though.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Planets orbit Binary Stars in every direction
    {RotE}
  • maybe they dont have seasons the twin suns cancel out each other and planet is geostationary. It is never night time there lol.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Planets orbit Binary Stars in every direction

Sure planets do. But it is still hard to imagine one could support life.
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    maybe they dont have seasons the twin suns cancel out each other and planet is geostationary. It is never night time there lol.

We have seen dusk in the movies, and both suns in different positions, so it is not geostationary.