Help with Team

KyloBen
5 posts Member
edited January 2016
Hi,
So recently in the arena, LS Battles, DS Battlea and in the Squad Cantina Battles I have been getting destroyed. Could anyone help me make a good team?
These are the characters I have:

4 Star Ackbar (Gear Level 2)
4 Star Luke With Rifle (Gear Level 4)
3 Star Dooku (Gear Level 4)
3 Star Eeth Koth (Gear Level 3)
3 Star JC (Gear Level 4)
3 Star Cad Bane (Gear Level 2)
3 Star Jawa (Gear Level 4)
3 Star Talia (Gear Level 2)
3 Star Chewie (Gear Level 4)
3 Star Poe (Gear level 4)
2 Star Ahsoka (Gear Level 3)
2 Star FO Stormtrooper (Gear Level 2)
2 Star Clone Sergeant (Gear Level 3)
1 Star Snowtrooper (Gear Level 2)
1 Star Tie Pilot (Gear Level 1)
1 Star Ewok Scout (Gear Level 2)

I am farming for Chewie and Consular shards in the DS battles and LS Battles.

In the Squad Cantina Battles I am farming for Luke.

In the arena I was going for 5*Ackbar, but I switched to sid because I heard he is great.

In GW I am buying Phasma shards.

With my roster, could anyone help me fix up my team?

Thank you :)!
Post edited by KyloBen on

Replies

• So what I am trying to say, is what is the best team I can get for arena and GW?
  • Definitely get Sid, he pairs really well with Luke as Leader, increasing crit damage and chance
    Right now I'd probably go with Luke as your leader and: Ackbar, Consular, Poe and Cad Bane
    Poe's taunt will help expose the enemy team and allow Cad and Luke to start cleaning up, Ackbar will allow your heavy hitters more attacks to abuse the expose
  • Ok :). What about for GW?
  • I'd switch out either Ackbar or Cad for Talia. Having double heal on a team in GW is golden. Especially if you can upgrade JC's ability to reduce cool down on his heal
  • My JC's heal is level 4; what level reduces cool down?
  • itg131
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I think it's gear level 5 allows you to upgrade cool down level
    In GW, it's hands down the best heal in the game
  • Pick a number of them(JC is a must for you) and level their gear. Leveling gear is more important than stars, especially at the beginning. Once you have 8 to 10 toons maxed gear, try branching out. At least get them all to gear 6....7 is better of course
  • Isn't count Dooku good though? What about Phasma?
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    1. Farm Sid (Arena)
    2. Farm Lumi over Phasma (GW). Phasma is good, but Lumi will help you a lot more - especially given you don't have many healers
    3. Farming Chewie is okay, but don't level him more than 4-stars. He is useful in early/mid game and for LS Battles (to get 3 stars), but isn't effective in higher levels. Switch to Poe who is far superior than Chewie, if you need a tank in Arena
    4. JC is a solid, if not unspectacular hero. Continue farming him
    5. Gear > Star/Hero level. Always remember this whenever you decide where to allocate your energy
    6. Luke is good and works well with Sid's leader bonus
    7. Consider Daka, Poe or Fives for Cantina Shipment. Daka is useful for GW/DS battles, Poe is arguably the best tank with his high speed and tenacity and Fives works wonders in a counter/assist team
    8. Dooku is good, but difficult to farm. Just like Fives and Daka, he is great when working in a team with Phasma as the lead. I personally spend 72 energy every day to farm his shards
    9. Don't spread out. Decide what type of team you want to build (AOE? Single burst? Counter/Assist? Critical?) and then focus farming heroes that fit your strategy

Until you get Sid, consider a team of Luke (L), Poe, Dooku, JC and Talia/Cad Bane for the Arena. Poe works well with Luke since the additional tenacity bonus that Luke provides will enable Poe to resist a lot of detrimental effects (such as heal immunity and stun) which will then help him self-heal with his passive and last longer. Talia, if you need a second healer or Cad, if you see a heavy dose of Jedi in opponent's line-up. Sid and Lumi should replace JC and Talia/Cad Bane.

For GW, it is all about heal cooldown management. Rotate in and out healers to preserve your A Team throughout the war of attrition. The more healers you have, the easier. Hence why I suggested farming Lumi and Daka. There are plenty of posts about GW. Suggest you search and read them.
    Post edited by obiwan1011 on
  • Thank you :)
  • obiwan1011 wrote: »

For GW, it is all about heal cooldown management. Rotate in and out healers to preserve your A Team throughout the war of attrition. The more healers you have, the easier. Hence why I suggested farming Lumi and Daka. There are plenty of posts about GW. Suggest you search and read them.

Yes agree totally sound advice.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.