Response to End Game thread

Instead of getting lost in thousands of comments, I thought I'd put my thoughts about this game on a new thread, so enjoy:

This game is not about 24/7 entertainment. It's a mobile game, that's not it's purpose. For very casual players, it's a boredem fix. For serious players, it's where you go spend 1-3 hours a day completing everything.

Yes it does need changes but I do believe EA is doing their best. Try to look ahead and realise that these current random and subpar p2p releases are keeping us occupied while they develop these new events and amazing characters everyone wants.

My personal opinion on what would massively help this game:
-BETTER PvP: allow us to fight our allies/friends! You could place credit wagers, and use ally codes to find the person to fight.
-Guild v Guild: this is already super popular but for good reason! It'd be hard to pull off but the results would be awesome!
-Yoda style Dark Side event: an event where you have to have 5 dark side force users (meaning Sith and Kylo + Asaaj [and MAYBE grevious??]) And earn shards for Vader/Emperor Palpatine. Or maybe supreme leader snoke??

-GET RID OF THE DODGE META!!:
I run a freaking Dooku team and I'm sick of this meta lol. I don't know what to replace it with but it's getting out of hand.

Let me know what you think!

Replies

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    I think this should be merged with other similar threads
  • Asic wrote: »
    I think this should be merged with other similar threads

+1
  • Run phasma at gear 10! She's a monster!
  • Instead of getting lost in thousands of comments, I thought I'd put my thoughts about this game on a new thread, so enjoy:

This game is not about 24/7 entertainment. It's a mobile game, that's not it's purpose. For very casual players, it's a boredem fix. For serious players, it's where you go spend 1-3 hours a day completing everything.

Yes it does need changes but I do believe EA is doing their best. Try to look ahead and realise that these current random and subpar p2p releases are keeping us occupied while they develop these new events and amazing characters everyone wants.

-BETTER PvP: allow us to fight our allies/friends! You could place credit wagers, and use ally codes to find the person to fight.
    -Guild v Guild: this is already super popular but for good reason! It'd be hard to pull off but the results would be awesome!
    -Yoda style Dark Side event: an event where you have to have 5 dark side force users (meaning Sith and Kylo + Asaaj [and MAYBE grevious??]) And earn shards for Vader/Emperor Palpatine. Or maybe supreme leader snoke??

I run a freaking Dooku team and I'm sick of this meta lol. I don't know what to replace it with but it's getting out of hand.

The only way the dodge meta will change is if you don't contribute to it. The dodge meta works, and unless there's some drastic change to Dooku and OB (like making leader abilities apply to faction specific allies...hint hint, Devs), it will always be around.

You just have to ask yourself, is being number one more important than having fun? Other teams work in T50, and if enough of those fill up those spots, I'm pretty sure things would evolve into something different.

I'm surrounded by Old Ben and Dooku. I lose a lot of spots when I don't play all 5 battles, but I can occupy t50 when I do, and that's good enough for me. I'd rather climb 100 spots in a day than defend a top spot every day.

QXJFZJx.jpg
  • Instead of getting lost in thousands of comments, I thought I'd put my thoughts about this game on a new thread, so enjoy:

The only way the dodge meta will change is if you don't contribute to it. The dodge meta works, and unless there's some drastic change to Dooku and OB (like making leader abilities apply to faction specific allies...hint hint, Devs), it will always be around.

You just have to ask yourself, is being number one more important than having fun? Other teams work in T50, and if enough of those fill up those spots, I'm pretty sure things would evolve into something different.

I'm surrounded by Old Ben and Dooku. I lose a lot of spots when I don't play all 5 battles, but I can occupy t50 when I do, and that's good enough for me. I'd rather climb 100 spots in a day than defend a top spot every day.

QXJFZJx.jpg

Yes having fun is important, but balancing the meta and game mechanics also makes it more fun for everyone. BTW love the emipire team.... on that note, the biggest problem with this game is synergy! Why on earth do we even have factions like the empire one in 1AmYourFath3r's post if they aren't going to perform better than a scrambled mix of characters under some random evasion leadership? The droids are without a doubt the most rewarded synergy in this game! If you have faced this deadly team you often realize the power of a combined faction. Individually, each droid is an average character with average damage, health and abilities; but the great thing is, when you combine average characters that all benefit each other, you get a phenomenal team that has it all! This to me, is what star wars galaxy of heroes needs to be about! Facing off against a scoundrel team, or a team of clones, or even the mighty empire is what its all about!
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    The problem with this game is it's actually 2 different games. PVP game, and the PVE game, they're simply different mechanics. In PVP, dodge rules arena because for some ****-**** reason, they want to add +25% to every % ability for the defending team. Multi-attacks trigger more often, dodge more often, everything with a % gets increased for defending team. So you see how crappy your team was against that team in Arena, so you decide you want to farm in that direction. IT'S ALL LIES. Your team will NOT perform like they did against you, because they don't have that extra (whatever it is) 25%. Fix the Arena problem, then you can actually begin trying to fix all your *bandaids*, because they obviously just covered up problems with simple, temporary solutions, that just muck up their own mechanics. Poor game management, nothing new from EA.