Arena spot squatting

Replies

• wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    speZialiZt wrote: »
    Just try to snipe them.. its easy.. refresh every second you should get them.. i do it by myself very sucsessfull :)

Tried this. Can't get my unit in between the love fest breaks
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    the beauty of doing it with someone else is that you dont have to refresh with crystals. Its just one of those things you can use to your advantage, cant really blame them for finding the most effective way to continuesly finish 1 and 2.
    i personally blame the game design, and the fact that you can beat a mirror image of your team easely, even if the enemy has 3k power more than you have.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    What teams? If it's us, we are always looking for others to join.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    I just don't care about #1. As long as I'm in the top 10, which I am every day, the rewards are good enough. #1 is vanity only.

You're a kraken! Arena payout is the best source of crystals by far for ftp, so hèll yeah it's important.
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    the beauty of doing it with someone else is that you dont have to refresh with crystals. Its just one of those things you can use to your advantage, cant really blame them for finding the most effective way to continuesly finish 1 and 2.
    i personally blame the game design, and the fact that you can beat a mirror image of your team easely, even if the enemy has 3k power more than you have.

I realize what they are doing and how it saves crystals. The AI sucks. But this is a game of offense. Defense is luck at best.
    One dood is registered on this forum but doesn't respond (see later post for shard thread ). I feel helpless. Now I have to deal with a cap of 3rd. Saps the fun out of it for people not participating in the gang bang.
  • How do two people lock up #1 and #2? You mean like at payout you have to compete with 2 others for top spot? Or they have some special way of keeping the top?
  • I would help you wise, if I could Crack the top 50. Get @duckstab to team up with you
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    How do two people lock up #1 and #2? You mean like at payout you have to compete with 2 others for top spot? Or they have some special way of keeping the top?

Player 1 attacks player 2. Locking both. Player 1 let's player 2 know when the battle.is almost over, player 2 instantly attacks player 1, locking both. Rinse and repeat and you can do for a good 30-40 minutes. Very low chance to engage either player

And do so only during payout time. They slide like everyone else during non payout times
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    I would help you wise, if I could Crack the top 50. Get @duckstab to team up with you

Different payout times
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    wisenuts wrote: »

I realize what they are doing and how it saves crystals. The AI sucks. But this is a game of offense. Defense is luck at best.

if defence wasnt so bad, lockouts werent necessary. Since you have zero chance of staying nr1 on payout you are forced to do lock-outs, otherwise some guy with 4k power less than you have could just come in and claim #1 just before pay-out. Honestly, i'd rather be locked out (wich happens quite often) than some dude sniping me with a waaaay worse team. But thats how i see it. i have to admit that i snipe when i can, lock-out when i can, its just the way it is. If i dont have time during pay-out its fine too, i just finish a little lower.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member

if defence wasnt so bad, lockouts werent necessary. Since you have zero chance of staying nr1 on payout you are forced to do lock-outs, otherwise some guy with 4k power less than you have could just come in and claim #1 just before pay-out. Honestly, i'd rather be locked out (wich happens quite often) than some dude sniping me with a waaaay worse team. But thats how i see it. i have to admit that i snipe when i can, lock-out when i can, its just the way it is. If i dont have time during pay-out its fine too, i just finish a little lower.

Exactly! Because defense doesn't exist. It also explains the non synergistic dodge leads. RNG is your only hope.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Gonna see if I can crack them come pay-out today. I definitely am not a meta player. Noone else running clones in top 200. They r fun, dunno how they r on defense, I slide to 25 or so overnight.
  • I rocketed back up the ranks after exploiters were banned. Sitting at 40, aiming for top 10 at payout. Maybe I can help break up this constipated turdcluster.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Glad to hear that. No shard should be monopolized by 2 ppl. I will do everything I can to try to break them today. I sat at #1 for months. Got away from the meta and paid for it. So be it. Noone else on our shard runs anything close to what I run...at least not in the top 200. Let's see what we can do today. There r a couple of top 20 players I communicate with that shall remain anonymous. I wl burn my crystals to see if we can stop this nonsense. Gimme a hand.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Just took #1, gonna do what I can to stay #1 or #2 to break the chain.
  • Erik_Aphax
    104 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The actual payout system stinks. A palliative could be the rewards per minutes system that other games are using nowadays.
    Post edited by Erik_Aphax on
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Bluerock wrote: »
    There will be a very small window between their matches you can try to break in and jack them, but that's really your only option and you'd have to spam battle attempts because you won't know when their match started/will end.

Unfortunately, if they're using an Android emulator on a computer it's pretty much impossible to break in because the lags are extremely short even if you spam battle attempts. Arena is currently broken.
  • Mol_Sign wrote: »
    Bluerock wrote: »
    There will be a very small window between their matches you can try to break in and jack them, but that's really your only option and you'd have to spam battle attempts because you won't know when their match started/will end.

Unfortunately, if they're using an Android emulator on a computer it's pretty much impossible to break in because the lags are extremely short even if you spam battle attempts. Arena is currently broken.

Noticed this too, some people are extremely fast. I can't end my battle, refresh for 50 and reenter a battle because there are some people who can lock me in those 10 seconds.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    speZialiZt wrote: »
    Just try to snipe them.. its easy.. refresh every second you should get them.. i do it by myself very sucsessfull :)

Tried this. Can't get my unit in between the love fest breaks

You have to refresh continuously and try to get in before they start their next battle. Keep trying to engage 1st place over and over again for 5 minutes.

It can be done, you just have to be quicker than them. That's pretty much your only option. Sad, yeah. Either that or settle for third.
  • Mol_Sign
    142 posts Member
    Noticed this too, some people are extremely fast. I can't end my battle, refresh for 50 and reenter a battle because there are some people who can lock me in those 10 seconds.

They basically have the rank locked in for 9.5+ minutes using just 50 crystals because their emulator is extremely fast on a computer. As it is, arena makes very little sense with everyone being able to defeat any other team easily, add the crap of what emulator you use in order to gain an advantage over others, alt-farming ... this game is starting to become just full of hacks with little to no strategy required.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    xMORIDINx wrote: »
    Wait for them to get bored

Thanks for the lack of insite.

This is a valid answer, it might not be the answer you want, but if they have the top 2 spots locked down then waiting for them to get bored or make a mistake might be your only choice.

In this case it's your lack of insight that blocked you from seeing that this is an answer, not the only answer but a valid answer none the less.

O
  • If you think you got it bad, how about 9 of the top 12 being from the same guild and locking out the top 10 consistently.
  • I made it to 24. I fear I'm going to fall rapidly.
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    This is why there needs to be a limit on attacks...but then they wouldnt grab crystals from everyone. NO REFRESH
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    6pm pst payout time. Sat at #2 for 15 mins, then took #1 with under a min left. Payout for #1. If 2 guys are locking 1st and 2nd, it's not during my payout.
  • Clear downside to a terrible pvp system
  • Pjay
    283 posts Member
    Anyone trying to be #1 is trying to stop others from doing the same.
    I do not think everyone will step aside if I asked you not to battle so I can cruise from #200 to #1, I tired of being a #1 wannabe; I wannabe number #1.
  • I wouldn't try to stop other from being #1 for a few reasons. One of them is that I would have to spend crystals on a refresh to defend it. But perhaps the bigger reason is that the only players that will be really affected by defending #1 are F2P players... who are really not the main competition at the top of the Arena. I wouldn't be surprised if resolutely defending #1 has the opposite effect on whales, encouraging them to spend more to buy a squad that can kill you.
  • IMO talking with others and working together in arena is collusion and cheating. I don't care what the rewards are, I won't and wouldn't do it. To the OP, it is most assuredly what i described and is VERY common in this game. Arena is one on one, and hard to beat one one half a guild, which describes my server.