Most frustrating team EVER

Geddre
224 posts Member
So I just got my ***** handed to me by the most annoying group ever. Dooku, Sid, Daka, Fives, and Phasma - three levels under me. No joke, that team got like 3 or 4 times as many individual attacks as mine. At one point, they went 11 times, I got a single turn with Lum (who was of course dodged) and they got 7 more attacks. It was absolutely comical. Obviously a sample size of one isn't useful for any substantive observations, but if I continue to see that team and it behaves that way every time, step one is to rebuild my team exactly like it, and step two is to come here and scream for a nerf daily.

Replies

• Options
    yeh thats the team i would pick to use if i had daka
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I love to hand groups like that their azz starting with killing Old Kaka.
  • Options
    Geddre wrote: »
    So I just got my ***** handed to me by the most annoying group ever. Dooku, Sid, Daka, Fives, and Phasma - three levels under me. No joke, that team got like 3 or 4 times as many individual attacks as mine. At one point, they went 11 times, I got a single turn with Lum (who was of course dodged) and they got 7 more attacks. It was absolutely comical. Obviously a sample size of one isn't useful for any substantive observations, but if I continue to see that team and it behaves that way every time, step one is to rebuild my team exactly like it, and step two is to come here and scream for a nerf daily.

@Geddre happened to me. And the only thing i did was to sit back and watch with a smile on my face. It is good team, no doubt, the rng is strong there, but lets not forget that this is just a game. Don't get frustrated with this kind of loses. Just have some fun - that is the purpose if this game.
  • Options
    I have a single target based team starring Phasma, Poe, Leia, Rey, and FOTP. The team you just talked about sounds pretty juicy to me!
  • fungushnitzel
    196 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hmmm, let's see. Assist attacks from Phasma's leader skill and from Fives. Speed down debuffs on your team from Fives and from Phasma as well. Stuns coming from Daka and Dooku. Multi attack from Dooku, and counters from both him and Fives. Plus all of those characters have good natural speed except for Fives. Throw in the heal debuffs from Sid and that sounds like a headache.

Lol, yeah I bet that was an annoying fight. And I have all of those characters in my stable... you've given me something fun to try out tonight after work.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Geddre wrote: »

I can imagine that was frustrating. Phasma teams really depend on luck, if her ability procs a lot it can go south in a hurry, other times it doesn't work at all.
    This is actually fairly similar to the stun/counter/assist team I am working on: Phasma, Kylo, Dooku, Daka and Asajj. I will likely also experiment with putting Fives in there but right now I am still starring up Daka. Asajj is also a stunner and so could be even more annoying than Sid. :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Kr4itok_
    269 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yeah, I kinda want to try a Phasma call assist team. Something like Phasma, Poe, GS, QGJ, and Leia. The turn order here would go Leia > Poe > QGJ > GS > Phasma. Having the ability to deal with any taunts or otherwise nasty buffs would be a nice little addition to the team as well.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options
    This raises a question I've been meaning to ask... Based on the team leader I see I sometimes change my arena team by adding or removing Vader for ability block (just pulled Old Ben but can't afford to level him yet.). So what team is being presented to my foes? Is it whatever team I last fought with? Because if I'm leaving my team sitting around for half a day, I'd prefer it be this team I described above. Not my burn down team which can only be truly effective with real human intelligence directing it. The "needler team" (what I'm calling that build out now - death by a million small annoying hits with a solid f u at the end) is especially effective as AI due to the bump AI gets. It probably isn't as awesome while commanding it yourself without the boost though. So what's the answer? Do I run the first four with my normal team and then run the last one with the needler team so that it's what gets left for others to run into?
  • Options
    Doku, Sid and Daka are all squishy though. If you have any speed at all you should be able to easily down one of them on the first turn.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Doku, Sid and Daka are all squishy though. If you have any speed at all you should be able to easily down one of them on the first turn.

Those guys also are very fast and 2 of them have double stun so that is not garunteed.
  • Options
    Exactly. 2+ of my team stunned at any given time. I really want to go up against that guy's team several times so I can figure out how much of that was bad rolls and how much was the awesomeness of that team.

I don't have the training droids to level Daka from 1, Phasmafrom 1, and get Fives from 46 to max. 3 levels to get to 60 and then I can finally breathe a little and not have to keep pouring everything into my main 7 or 8 characters.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Daka stuns are game changers don't ever assume you can just burn her down. I land double stuns all the time.

With the stats at 70 from swgoh cantina daka is slated to have around 13629 hp and 136 speed. Not one shot range by any means. Not to mention possible self revive etc etc.

Daka will always have a spot in my arena teams for the time being. I combine with phasma and she really shines with assist procs