Dooku viable?

I hear a lot of people use him as leader, I got him 6* gear 9 right now, put him in my arena team and plummeted like a anchor... it's not an old shard or anything... just don't get it

Replies

• ummmm... yeah. He is my leader and he is one of the top 5 toons in the game. Use him, and you will see.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    ummmm... yeah. He is my leader and he is one of the top 5 toons in the game. Use him, and you will see.

He's a liability in top arena. Put a sth in your team and enjoy the free tm from dooku doubke attacks
  • TheRealBobBelcher
    239 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    ummmm... yeah. He is my leader and he is one of the top 5 toons in the game. Use him, and you will see.

@SnokeTrooper
    What is the rest of your team composed of? Mine was Dooku (L) Rey, Leia, QGJ, ST han and fell down to the 30's from top 5 in just a few hours...
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Coming form someone who uses Dooku exclusively:

He is totally viable. However, Old Ben is usually considered better.

Right now, the hard counter to Dooku is B2 throwing down his buff prevention. Thus, Old Ben is superior since you can still gain TM for dodging, and Old Ben puts debuffs on the enemy.

That being said, I run Dooku (L), RG, Rey, QGJ, GS. I don't drop very much at night (maybe 20-30 slots) and I am on a November server. I am pure f2p as well, so I rank between 50-100 usually every day. I could go lower, but many people have moved on from dodge meta's to clones and other p2w characters.

He needs a team to capitalize on his dodge and OU to be amazing. With Old Ben, you get the same dodge benefits + the TM gains, so you get more turns per round than with a Dooku.
  • @Toukai
    Does he get a lot better with gearing or does it matter that much? Seems like he's more dependent on RNG than OB is...
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @Toukai
    Does he get a lot better with gearing or does it matter that much? Seems like he's more dependent on RNG than OB is...

@TheRealBobBelcher
    He stays middle of the road on everything he does. He doesn't drop off completely from top tier, but he is definitely close to the bottom of the top tier list.

His basics + counters are medium damage at best. Rey will basic for 5k unbuffed, Dooku around 2.5-3k.

His lightning still does low damage as well, but it's extremely usefull right now due to QGJ being in practically every team. You can literally shut down QGJ all game with not just lightning, but basic attacks.

The biggest problem he has, unlike old ben, is his HP. A buffed tripple hit from Rey *will* kill him. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. He will die. He can also die to a OU + GS Swarm, or be close to red.
  • @Toukai
    Everyone has ob and qgj in their teams right now, figured he'd be the best option to beat these teams, not sure of it is or not... I love the character and want him to work out lol
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Toukai
    Everyone has ob and qgj in their teams right now, figured he'd be the best option to beat these teams, not sure of it is or not... I love the character and want him to work out lol

@TheRealBobBelcher
    Old Ben is technically better. Same dodge chance, TM gain on a dodge.

B2 just says "no" to Dooku teams. He is a hard counter. Old Ben doesn't quite have a hard counter like that, putting OB over Dooku in usefulness. I am farming OB now due to that very fact.

Dooku is still top tier, though, so if you have him or close to 7* he is worth getting up just as a dodge leader. Outside of B2, Dooku still is a great leader and that OU on Rey/GS for opening dodges is insane.

If people try to focus Rey first and she dodges, gets OU, then tripple hits? It will execute pretty much any non tank.
  • @Toukai
    Been working on Daka to add to a dooku team, is this a good strategy?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Toukai

@TheRealBobBelcher
    Yup, Daka is top tier. Just beware that she is weak in damage and without bonus proc's from Phasma she is mostly there as a reviver (RNG luck based).

The chaos she brings to a match is still worth it. Most people will avoid a daka + tank team simply due to the fact the match could go horribly wrong in their favor.

Dooku, Daka, RG, Rey, QGJ (or GS) is a very good team.
    Dooku, Daka, ST Han, Rey, QGJ (or GS) is good as well.

You can drop the tank and add another dps like IG86 if you're feeling spry, but then you're relying a BIT too much on RNG to save you.

Also, feel free to replace Dooku with Old Ben on any of those teams and still have the team be 100% viable.
  • @Toukai

With an Omega on Dakas basic attack, it could be.

But I dont get everyone talking about B2. I'm on a day one hard release server, and consistently stay in the top 20s and 30s and fight to the upper teens. Not many people have B2. Pretty much only whales and those who have spent lots of real money on the game. B2 is not available to ANYONE who has spent less than $150 on this game. And then, of the ones who CAN get him, very few have. Its not like you see a plethora of B2 droids.

Dooku is still quite relevant. I wasn't sure if this was a troll post or what, until I read through the comments.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Speaker4thedead
    I agree B2 isn't prevalent, but I am seeing a resurgence of Droid teams on my server. I used to see maybe 1 or 2 per full 5 free dailies. Now I see one per refresh.

I fought some with B2 just to see what it would be like. out of 3 battles, it's pretty impossible for Dooku to win against a properly constructed HK47, IG88, IG86, JE, B2.

I avoid those teams, but that's just due to Dooku. I'd love to try again on a Old Ben lead team just to gain ludicrous TM when B2 starts his nonsense.
  • @Toukai

Well said. Yeah, I haven't fought him yet. But I will soon. I just fought my first JE yesterday. He was backed up by completely omegaed out IGs 100,88,86 with a HK47 lead. I had never fought em, made the mistake of not killing JE 1st. That won't happen again.

Either way, the whole Dodge meta ive never jumped into. I dont have Old Ben (I wish they would make a younger Ben.) And my Dooku is still 4*. Untouched since the pre 70 level cap. From back when we could sell gear and had actual credit droids you could save. I figure by the time I 7* Dooku or OB, meta will change.

I just was blown away by someone asking if Dooku was still viable. Being the entire meta is currently set around Dodge...
  • @Toukai

So with Daka and Phasma, who else would you put with them?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Phasma(l), daka , fotp, Rey, rg is pretty decent. You might drop if they arnt maxed since not running a Dodge meta puts you at a disadvantage. But, RNG can single handedly win you matches with daka perma stuns and fotp bonus procs.

I've seen some luck with phasma, foo, fotp, Rey, rg as well. Kylo can be good too, but he is slow and hits kinda weak until he is 50%. Most people just ignore him till last, which makes him kinda suck. Yoda also hard counters him.
  • @TheRealBobBelcher
    I use Dooku lead, Rey, RG, QGJ and Lumi. Dooku is one of those leads that can work with any team.
  • @Speaker4thedead

I was just shocked at the drop in arena that encountered with Dooku as my leader, that's what prompted the OG Question.
  • @Toukai

I think that team would be more during the day for offense and moving up the board. I love phasma and what she brings to the table, I really wish that dooku did some more damage because he would be sick under phasma with continuous attacks.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Toukai

I think that team would be more during the day for offense and moving up the board. I love phasma and what she brings to the table, I really wish that dooku did some more damage because he would be sick under phasma with continuous attacks.

@TheRealBobBelcher
    He really isn't. If he isn't leader, don't bother putting him on your team. He dies far too quickly to be relevant.

He only has like 13k HP + a small amount of protection. He is only top tier due to his leader ability. If you remove dodges, he will die to any GS + assist or Rey, which practically everyone runs.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Dooku lead can't protect han. That's is your problem one. Problem two is dooku, himself, is easily neutered by Ben han, by Hans taunt. Hisnforce lightning is at best 50% to land on ben, imo. Some folks are saying dooku is king on mature shards. I don't get it. But it certainly isn't with han as the sole tank. RG all the way.

I don't believe in AI advantage, but if anything is fishy it is the ben han bromance. The number of times force lightning is deflected... or better, it is deflected by Ben AND happens to also attack han, who also deflects, or han dodges qgj HB, or qgj pulls han and han gains TM, in my experience is pretty extraordinary.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • I just don't get it, he's pretty useless, I have him 7* now and gear 8, and can't win a match with him as lead he dies super easy regardless of which tank I use
  • Get him to gear 10.. He'll work wonder.. Btw, when do you start playing this game? January? Feb?
  • TheRealBobBelcher
    239 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    March - lvl 78 right now
  • Ronie
    36 posts Member
    I hv maxed doku
    Gear X
    7 Star
    And maxed Abilities

Doku has 90% chance to stun Jedi's i.e almost all the time but i found it less then 40 or 50%

After upgrading to gear X his damge is reduced drastically now he damages only 1800/1900 so are the upgrades waste ???? And even counter attacks are not not more thn 2k after upgrade

Leader abilities :-
    Kanobi & Doku showing same amount of evasion but if Kanobi is leader our minimum 3-4 attacks gets dodged {Which is 30%} while if Doku is leader 1-2 attacks gets dodged

Same thing happened with Phasma. After upgrading her damage abilities to max, ratio of damage has not increased.
  • @Ronie I agree, I just don't see the appeal at higher levels, he gets outshined by OB which is sad
  • Ronie
    36 posts Member
    His amount of damage is decreased when i upgraded him to GEAR X (10)
    Its a waste upgrade . Developer should give option to roll back upgrade in such case
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    @Ronie I agree, I just don't see the appeal at higher levels, he gets outshined by OB which is sad
    I just don't get it, he's pretty useless, I have him 7* now and gear 8, and can't win a match with him as lead he dies super easy regardless of which tank I use

@TheRealBobBelcher
    He isn't useless. He puts a stop to QGJ 90% of the time for me. Opening with Lightning stop's QGJ opening with an assist or OU for team. You can AB block and stun QGJ every single turn. I agree Old Ben is objectively better, but if you don't have him then Dooku is your man for dodge meta.

Right now, I'd say the ranking for dodge leaders is OB > Duke > Lumi

I run Dooku as my leader and don't have any issues. He dies quickly, but you need to just have him 100% aggro any jedi's on the enemy team. Don't try to use him against 5s or Vader or tanks, his damage just won't cut it.

• @Toukai
    I know we talked about it before, I got him 7* last night and it didn't seem to help, so just worried about throwing more time and money into him