Will I have to pay money to get any new characters

I only started playing yesterday. It's absolutely the greatest game I've ever played on the phone. When I started I got characters fast, obviously so I could play the game. But now it seems like it'll take forever to get enough character shards to unlock a new character especially when a mission locks out for a while after you play it a couple of times. Now u spent a lot of money on heroes of dragon age and really don't want to do that for this game. Will it get easier to unlock characters later on in the game when I unlock more tables?

Replies

• Nope. This is not the game you are looking for.

Seriously, don't forget it still is and will be a freemium game. Progress faster or get better heroes? Pay for it. I'm sorry.
  • Still there is Galactic War Mode and Arena where shards are easier to collect though. But most of the good ones, you have to grind for.
  • It's definitely going to take a little time, but using the shipments in pvp, cantina battles, and galactic wars will open them up soon enough.
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Ok. I know I'll have to put up some money to get get things a little faster. I was just wondering if that was the only real way to get more heroes. I'm close to opening the Cantona battles. I spent about 900 dollars on another game and it was just a waste and I just didn't want to do that again. Thanks for letting me know
  • Shipments are the number one way to get new characters. The other chance to get new characters comes from the Bronzium pack drops. They are rare there but its possible. I purchased an 8x Chromium pack and received 3 characters and shards for many others. If you have a Samsung device, there should be a free pack in with the data packs.
  • Kylven
    150 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    If you're going to spend, now's the time. It will save you tons of energy and gear you'd spend on weak intro characters to get into farming reliably. Better to invest in training and gearing more powerful heroes right out the gate.
    Post edited by Kylven on
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • I was gonna wait a little bit but if it's better to buy stuff now then that's what I'm gonna do. The main thing that i want is to make sure im able to enjoy the game without spending money. If not then what's the point rite?
  • So far I've unlocked the Dooku, Windu, HK47, and Heroine packs and have purchased the Dooku one last night because it was only 5 bucks. Are these the only ones available or will I unlock more later on? If they were 10-20 for each pack I'd probably get them but 40 and 50 is much steeper so I don't want to get one of these and miss out on other characters later
  • The other packs, the Chromium packs, they don't give aa selected character. You will get some combination of random characters and shards.
  • If you have the cash, I would suggest getting all 3 of the promo packs now. If you have even more cash to spend, here's the good news, some of the best characters only drop from data packs. Namely Kit Fisto, Aayla, Lando, Barris (more of her for 7*), Obi-wan, Grand Moff Tarkin etc. Of cos, everything else still drops from data packs, but the above characters is only available there.

Why the special deal packs?
    Barris and her heroines can be counted as FOTM now.

I don't think they will leave the mighty windu as bad as he is now, for someone of his prestige, they will put him back somewhere up there soon.

HK47, unlike some people think, is insanely good and his leader skill for droid team is nthn to scoff at. If you actually look at the other available droids, they complement each other ridiculously well. They are just a little tough to build all up to 5* and above.
  • Davo
    121 posts Member
    I bought the dooku starter pack. That is my only cash purchase. I have tallied up 37 characters, 4 of them 5 stars, 8 geared in epics, another 4 close to epic. I am within a couple of days of 3 more character unlocks and two promotions. Not bad for 5 bucks and a couple of months

I have grinded this game pretty hard. I spent my free daily crystals on a mix of mostly energy recharges and some chromium packs.

At my best, I hit 4th on the pvp ranks but live mostly in the top 250 now. Mostly because i fell hard during the AoE fest that was the previous patches pvp. I can finish the galactic war most days, as well.

It is very possible to do quite well with no more than 5 bucks put in this game. Will I spend more? Yes, when deals are better like the dooku starter pack.

If you are impatient and have the resources, spend away but you can get there without it.
  • Playing for almost 2 months now. Successfully farmed all droids from promo pack and upped them for 5 stars. Finally got magna-guardian and farming shards for him to at least 4*. This will take some time, but this game is not supposed to be played fast, and it's ok. You just have to find a long-term goal build you want and go for it.
  • Are the special packs level locked or random?
  • I thought the game only came out yesterday?

How is it people have been playing for months?
  • This game soft launched in a few countries for Android on September 4th. It was available for download and installation on many different websites. Each new version was immediately available in channels outside of the Google Play store. This is common with mobile games. The key here is knowing about a new game. Once you know a new game is coming out, you can look for the .APK file and install it. At first, all the crystals were priced in Euros only.
  • In my opinion its up to you if you want to pay for Sure you can Collect a good Team with pay no Money and just playing but if you want to grow up fast and be in The higher Ranks in Squad Arena, then you should buy as much as you Need
  • You should spend as much as you want. Spending on games is not a crime but is a hobby. You should start buying packs !
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Shock wrote: »
    In my opinion its up to you if you want to pay for Sure you can Collect a good Team with pay no Money and just playing but if you want to grow up fast and be in The higher Ranks in Squad Arena, then you should buy as much as you Need

This could be this forums first necro.
  • All paying does is speed up the process. I'd suggest staying clear of the Chromium packs since it's a gamble and you may end up with junk. Buy crystals only if anything, maybe a package if the price is decent for what you get.

You can also play free and still have a good team though, it'll just take a little longer....
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Give it a month or so, and you will see your ability to unlock new heroes progress much more rapidly. You can't really go wrong with galactic war and arena shipments. Just need the ability to rank/clear them consistently in order to get the credit resources you need.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"