The real problem with Dooku...

Replies

• RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I really like my Dooku, but OP? Doubtful. He's too squishy. I tend to kill him off as soon as the major DPS characters like Maul or Pilots are killed. I leave the healers for last most of time.

He's good, but he'll still be the first character that gets kicked from my team when it gets crowded considering he's to hard to farm shards for. I say leave him as he is, I like him both in my team and on the opposite team...

About him countering ALL the characters attacking him, OF COURSE he does, he has 100% counter ability!!! Try the same thing with Ren on retribution and he'll do the same. Most characters have like 25% counter, then it's pretty unlikely they'll counter several attackers on the same time. Oh, and do NOT use Flurry of Blows on Dooku unless it kills him. Common sense.
  • Options
    the real problem with dooku isnt that he is too good, the real problem i have with dooku is i cant get enough shards its like 1/8 drop rate for his shards
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The point about Rey is that not only does he counter all regular attacks, he gets separate counters for all elements of multi-attacks. And he can get bonus attacks on each of those!
    I consider that overpowered.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The only people on my server I can't beat are the ones who spent megabucks 7-starring all their characters. Ad hominem attacks are not persuasive.
  • Options
    Are you sure he gets EXTRA attacks on counters? Because I've been playing with Dooku alot and I've never seen that. What I have seen is him countering and then him having his turn making it look like he's countering twice. Otherwise I agree, he shouldn't counter twice. But that's it, everything else with him is fine in my book.
  • Options
    RonTom wrote: »
    Are you sure he gets EXTRA attacks on counters? Because I've been playing with Dooku alot and I've never seen that. What I have seen is him countering and then him having his turn making it look like he's countering twice. Otherwise I agree, he shouldn't counter twice. But that's it, everything else with him is fine in my book.

true. he is not countering twice. There are only two reasonable answers for this:

1) Character A is attacking and Dooku get a bonus attack and Dooku makes his turn.
    2) Someone attacking Dooku and triggering his 100% counter-attack ability and he makes his turn.

Bear in mind if he got a good speed that makes him can attack faster than some of your characters.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    He absolutely gets bonus attacks on counters, 100% sure of that. If you look closely, the words "BONUS ATTACK" appear just as he is completing the first counter.
  • Options
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with his counter attack? Because when i attack him and call an assist he attacks both attackers while other heroes with counter attack ability only attack the original attacker. So am i missing something or is it bugged too?

That's normal. He has 100% counter rate so the only thing he doesn't counter is other counter attacks.

Again, the easy way to get around him is to stun him or leave him to last. His main damage is that he counters. If you ignore him he doesn't hit that hard.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Bonus attack on counterattack (2m17s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bESxOFTxNs&t=2m15s
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Look at the video again, it proves my point. The FIRST attack is his "Bonus attack", the second is him performing his regular attack because it's his turn. (Look at the blue meter, it's full but resets on his second attack). So my point still stands, although I can understand why you though he was countering twice.

So in this case if the RNG is against you he actually would've attacked three times in a row... ;)
  • Options
    My only issue with him is the ai gets a lot more bonus attacks than my Dooku does lol. Buy like others...soon he will be off my A team completely because he is too difficult to farm. As for power....my Fives who is 6 levels lower than Dooku, and half an equipment level lower, has 500 more power.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, RonTom, but you're incorrect. "Bonus Attack" always appears before the bonus attack, not after it. That's a bonus attack on a counter.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I'm sorry, RonTom, but you're incorrect. "Bonus Attack" always appears before the bonus attack, not after it. That's a bonus attack on a counter.

Then explain to me how he lost his entire turn on the bonus attack? Look at your own video. I concur that "Bonus attack" graphic happen in the beginning of the attack most of the time, but sometimes the graphics lag a bit. Either that, or Dooku reset his turn meter because he bonus attacked on a counter. Which I kind of doubt would happen? Am I making any sense?

Edit: Actually, we're both wrong. That's not a counter! For some obscure reason Dooku doesn't counter the Jawa at all. He makes a REGULAR attack on the JC and a bonus. I have no idea why he doesn't counter the Jawa though???
  • Options
    I am not sure what is happening with the attack bar, but I have seen him get a double-counter with his turn bar at 25%.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I am not sure what is happening with the attack bar, but I have seen him get a double-counter with his turn bar at 25%.

You sure? I've never seen that. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that his turn meter anvancement on attacking outside of his turn was bugged? (Fixed in the last update). I'll start keeping an eye on him though to see if I'll spot that. As far as I know that only happens when he's attacked twice (like by another Dooku).
  • Options
    I'll try to pay specific attention to it. But I am pretty sure.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Omg crying about dooku seriously??????

Dooku is super fun but one of the squishyest toons and definatly one of the easiest to counter........
    Its strategy folks in a strategy game (yea i know, go figure).

Stop crying fir the easy road (nerf him) and just figure him out.

This is not that difficult. One little snag an everyone jumps on baord sobbing tears all over lol his counters don't take too much time off the clock if u deal with him properly. I finish my matches aginst dooku teams w/ 1-2 min to spare smh.
  • Options
    Getting him to work right isn't nerfing. Hus A.I is illogical. I've seen him counterattack with his double attack when: his meter was not full, he had no ally that gave ally assist or counter attack chance, his counter attack can be anywhere from 2 to 4 attacks. It's not a question of OP so much as doing what it says it is supposed to do.
  • Options
    He gets few counters unless you ever use an AoE. And then he does. And even if he doesn't counter, he gets tons of free hits on you. I rarely save him for the end.
    I stand by what I posted here two weeks ago: counterattacks are problematic because they chew up too much time on the clock, and Dooku is the worst offender. Also, counterattacks should never spawn bonus attacks, which compounds the problem.
    CG/EA say they aim for game balance. This is an area that needs balancing. I say this as someone who uses Dooku in his starting five.

This ^ for starters
  • Options
    I personally rarely ever run out of time. However, I do get hit 4 times (I swear it feels like more sometimes) fairly frequently, to where he easily takes me 3V1 if I leave him for the end, and have a slightly beat up team. The other day I had a half health Sid, Boba, and Chewie at the end, versus a 3/4 Dooku. The RNG must've been his side. He Crit on almost every hit and hit twice our more per turn. Meanwhile I'm putting out the low end of damage. Oh well.
  • Options
    Agreed I often think he needs a better animation. A double/triple slice for his accumulated bonus attacks, he was after all a master duelist. Hes suppose to have a graceful demeanor.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    He gets few counters unless you ever use an AoE. And then he does. And even if he doesn't counter, he gets tons of free hits on you. I rarely save him for the end.
    I stand by what I posted here two weeks ago: counterattacks are problematic because they chew up too much time on the clock, and Dooku is the worst offender. Also, counterattacks should never spawn bonus attacks, which compounds the problem.
    CG/EA say they aim for game balance. This is an area that needs balancing. I say this as someone who uses Dooku in his starting five.

This ^ for starters

And i will stand by what i said....... Cry less, strategize more an deal with him properly an u will bust him (and the whole team) up with 1-2 min to spare. Its a strategy game. Strategize an deal with him properly or get over it.

Dooku is not broke
    Dooku is not OP
    Dooku does not need balanced

I will go as far as to say dooku needs buffed if anything (oh i can hear the crybabies now lmao)
    And here is why........
    1) He hits like a girl
    2) He has squat for health
    3) He is far too easy to beat for a toon bought with real $$$

You all cry nerf, so i counter by crying buff lmao
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    You should read the thread before you start insulting the other posters. I have a ton of experience with Dooku, both using and fighting. My opinion is based on an assessment of the character, not an inability to deal with it.
  • Options
    You should read the thread before you start insulting the other posters. I have a ton of experience with Dooku, both using and fighting. My opinion is based on an assessment of the character, not an inability to deal with it.

Lol, you expect people to read? You might be asking a bit too much. For the average forum-goer, if the post is longer than two sentences, they require a TL;DR. Otherwise they just skip straight to the reply portion at the bottom of the page.
  • Chewdoka
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Dooku doesn't counter if stunned. He also is fairly squishy and usually dies to the counter attacks on my team before I even get the chance to Attack him.

Fives and Kylo Ren are perfect counters to Dooku that are easy to get. For those who spend $?.. ImaGun, Kit fitsu, Aayla are all options to help put Dooku in his place.

I honestly don't even see Dooku in the top 10 on my server.
  • Islindur
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    To be honest I thought Dooku is a bit broken when I 1st got him. So many counter attacks? Stun? He is rlly gr8 early-mid game. He let me competete in PvP vs opponents 1k stronger than me.
    But tbh....my Luminara is already stronger. Sid is already on his power lvl. And they are soon 5* while I got like 13 Dooku shards... BY the time he will be 5* I think I'll be 6* with Sid/Lumi. I won't make him 6* before they hit 7*. He is 2 hard to farm. He doesn't scale so good later in game.
    I'm lvl 48 atm and I know on 60 I'd like to swap him for something more powerfull, easier to star up what scales better into late game.

So, he seem op early-mid, but his on weak side end-game. He will be out of my squad in the future. Would swap him for Kylo/Maul in a blink of eye if I could.
  • Options
    Most ppl crying nerf on Dooku are under lvl 50, anyone with a team above 50 should be able to see that Dooku's power at lower level is diminished as everyone else's damage and hp surpasses him. These threads will appear no matter what but hope the devs do the play testing before they do anything crazy, although with what they did with Barriss I don't have that much confidence in them.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm about to hit level 57. I have used Dooku in literally hundreds of matches. I have faced him in hundreds of matches.
    He is overpowered. Not in every way, and not deserving of massive nerfing. But his counterattacks are excessive.
    I am still using him in my starting 5. People have been telling me since level 40 that I would soon want to swap him out, but I haven't found anyone yet that can do what he does. Even if he is replaced in my PvP squad he will be essential in GW.
  • Options
    A 3-4 star doku against a 5-6 star team i not OP (because of low health), but has anyone seen 6-7 star dokus yet? I fear that he will be OP when he is the same lvl as eveyone else. A least remove the chanse for double counters (they do happen both for me and against me)
  • Options
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    Here we go, more complaining lol Count Dooku is awesome, if you don't like him, don't use him. Simple as that. People always complaining about something lmao

The problem is that he is troublesome as an opponent, not as a squad member.
This discussion has been closed.