What is going on with Arena

Hangfire
497 posts Member
I have been riding top 3 for months. Rarely fall out of the top ten overnight. I continuously develop my roster and toons right alongs my shard mates. About a week ago, a shift started, falling farther and farther out top position overnight. Last night, a new low being dragged down to 29th with a fight back into top 5. Is this alt-guild thing paying off for people?

Replies

• It s because of rey, guild hopping, and precrafting, and ugnaught
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    29th? Poor you?
  • It's just people catching up now. Since there is a level/gear cap in place, once you get to the top you can't progress. This allows people below you to catch up with their arena squad. I don't think it necessarily relates to alt-guilds and guild hopping; it's just the nature of the game.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Lots of people made progress in the past 3 months, and it's around the time free to play and light spenders are maxing out their squads. Surprise!
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    90 Now!
  • Lots of people also collude and work multiple teams vs the rest to keep the top spots.
  • Yansolo
    42 posts Member
    Like the other said, I was struggling to beat top whales or smart FTP but now im geared up i can beat almost anyone. That being said a lot other also can beat me and i drop more than i did in the past 2 months.
  • It happens. Tuesday I finished #1 dropped to 10th, Wednesday I finished #1 dropped to #26. today I finished 3rd, so Ill see tomorrow. Usually somewhere in the 20s.
    Subscribe to my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UClZS5GiOkbKp-meIU6vFxow?sub_confirmation=1

https://swgoh.gg/u/tenchi7/
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    Schools out, more kiddies get tablet time
  • Kalcor
    92 posts Member
    Hangfire wrote: »
    I have been riding top 3 for months. Rarely fall out of the top ten overnight. I continuously develop my roster and toons right alongs my shard mates. About a week ago, a shift started, falling farther and farther out top position overnight. Last night, a new low being dragged down to 29th with a fight back into top 5. Is this alt-guild thing paying off for people?

Yeah the exploiters made it fun for themselves and made loads of gear. Have fun catching up with that now
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Since Rey was introduced into the guild shop everyone runs her. She's powerful enough to bypass RG's taunt with a ridiculous death blow so it's easier for lesser lesser teams to beat strong teams. That and the fading away of the precraft advantage is allowing teams to enter the top 20 that never could before.

Rey's such a cheap character. Ridiculously OP and her brute strength ruins superior team compositions.

• fudgra wrote: »
    Since Rey was introduced into the guild shop everyone runs her. She's powerful enough to bypass RG's taunt with a ridiculous death blow so it's easier for lesser lesser teams to beat strong teams. That and the fading away of the precraft advantage is allowing teams to enter the top 20 that never could before.

Rey's such a cheap character. Ridiculously OP and her brute strength ruins superior team compositions.

Unless you focus her and burn her down like you are supposed to
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »

he is obviously talking about weaker teams(with rey) attacking stronger teams. On defence rey isnt great, on offence however, she can wreck a whole team.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member

I mean a team that normally couldn't beat a superior team now can with Rey. It makes it nearly impossible to build a strong defensive team that can hold rank.

Just because of one character.
  • I've made a huge jump up the arenaadder after the raid exploiters were banned. All the gear x and Xi cheaters are dropping out of top 100.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    My shard is getting ugly lately and I can only guess it's from guild hoppers. It's an old shard from first week of Dec. There are teams with 37K in power and almost full g11 squads trickling down into the 50's!

I run fun squads now since I got tired of the same old squad and can make runs up into the low 40's but I get smacked back down into the 70's and even over 100 some nights. It's getting harder and harder to crack the 50 barrier now with these bigger squads coming down.
  • fudgra wrote: »

Every other team in Arena top50 is Rey with RG and Dodge lead. You can't even hit her if RNG isn't on your side. And RNG is completely unfair in favor of AI.

I don't care if I can beat her. I have her myself. But I don't want to face the same teams over and over. It's so stale. Just nerf her and give us some variety.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member

I don't care if I can beat her. I have her myself. But I don't want to face the same teams over and over. It's so stale. Just nerf her and give us some variety.

I have her too at G10 and agree she needs to be nerfed. What good is everyone having her if everyone can rather easily beat everyone else? There's no type of strategy or challenge there. Just pray to the RNG gods and try to snipe someone at payout.

Unless they're toying with changing the name of the game to Galaxy of Rey, she'll have to be tamed a bit. I don't run her or a dodge lead in the arena but my arena team would hold up much better if it wasn't for Rey one-shotting from full green. Strong teams should be based on synergy, not one OP toon to rule them all.

• AI is always more powerful than a real player.

I don't know why EA won't implement arena with real players playing the battles live.

Otherwise there is no real difference between arena and GW.

Whales are losing ranks due to f2p playing max level Rey. Qq
  • Kalcor wrote: »
    Hangfire wrote: »

Yeah the exploiters made it fun for themselves and made loads of gear. Have fun catching up with that now

This is correct unfortunately. I like how the other posts are the typical "Rey" or "it happens."

Not this time friends. Same thing is happening in my shard and it is quite frustrating. Hopefully the devs find a solution quick
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Try killing a gear X RG, 5's, sun fac or any other behemoth without Rey. You'll be asking for a damage buff.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If history has anything to say about it, EA and CG will take very little action in the matter, and slowly, so you may as well jump on whatever bandwagon is running at the moment.

I won't, but I guess thats just me.

Ive dropped 200 points, and lost a lot of income.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Whitchit wrote: »

Good post, understanding logic and reality here - More are able to compete now
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Whitchit wrote: »

This is really what's going on
  • ctn13
    53 posts Member
    Hmmm. I'm on an early shard (plenty of instinct and order 66 players!) my current arena strength is 39k and I'm normally top 20. By no means a whale but I do buy the 20 day crystal bundles. Have hit 1st for rewards. I don't run rey. And I don't run leia! As for variety, this is the most varied meta I've played in! We had 6 different leaders in the top 8. Yeah we still get the cookie cutter erg/rey/ben etc. form but I'm loving how droids, clones and mini ewoks are performing well and capable of taking on anyone. More people hutting the 80 limit, guilds and crystals giving access to rare parts and characters means gaps have disappeared and people are free to experiment a bit more.
  • danrussoa wrote: »
    Lots of people also collude and work multiple teams vs the rest to keep the top spots.

9 of the top 12 spots on my shard are in the same guild. It is almost impossible to crack top 10.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    In addition to what everyone else is saying, I have a theory that the arena guild activity has turned more people on to refreshing arena attempts since spending 50 crystals when you're near the top of your arena almost always pays off.
  • We have had fully crafted gear in shipments for weeks now and naturally crafted gear is starting to pay off for folks. It's just more people hitting ceilings and your ceiling can't get any higher at this time. I see some ridiculous teams in the 50-100 range where I roam. It's getting crowded everywhere.
  • Serpit
    61 posts Member

If you can go first and crit sure. Rey is generally protected by RG and/or Han. Not so easy in practice due to dodges and rng.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Don't even need to focus her down first. I usually save her for third after QGJ and STH or RG.