Whos the best taunter in the game ?

Salgado9
529 posts Member
edited June 2016
Whos the best? And what makes you think so.

Replies

• Akiraine
    256 posts Member
    Rey.

Nothing says come hit me better than 'else I will take you out one by one'
  • Royal God, most health and protection out of the best tanks, auto taunt, stun,
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Royal God, most health and protection out of the best tanks, auto taunt, stun,

Do you thin ST-Han competes? Cause I want to run Phasma Lead FOTP QGJ and two others just dont know who. Either.double taunt, or something else. Any recommendations? I got fives, rg, sthan, anakin(want to see how they update him), dooku. Oh or should I drop phasma and put in dooku? I dont wamma use rey or leia, i dont wanna get super meta... Lol
  • Han definitely competes but Royal guard is just better, and he fits into every team composition. No matter what you do you're always gonna be partly meta. There really is no way around it. Everyone uses the same 10 toons, except for whales who all have Rex, sun fac or B2. I think that team would be good with both taunters to be honest, Han and Royal guard. That way no matter what, FOTP is protected, so is qui gon. Han can feed the slow FOTP some turn meter, meanwhile qui gon can feed your team offense up
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Depends on the team line up, pure and simple. Han allows you to explode out of the blocks, so build a team around that. RG gives you longevity, so build a team around that. Chewbacca is rubbish, so don't build a team around that.

If I was allowed to pick any one to use with no others ever, it would have to be Sun Fac, because he is taunter and dispeller in one, plus really really annoying to face.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    RG. Auto taunt wins over all. It works through ability block and if it's dispelled, he'll just taunt again whenever someone goes below 50% health.

Han's is second best, but once it's dispelled chances are he won't taunt again for the rest of the match rendering him useless.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    It's probably Sun Fac but i like Han the most.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    fudgra wrote: »
    RG. Auto taunt wins over all. It works through ability block and if it's dispelled, he'll just taunt again whenever someone goes below 50% health.

Han's is second best, but once it's dispelled chances are he won't taunt again for the rest of the match rendering him useless.

Han is there to allow your team to seize initiative, not to protect the DPS. Totally different purpose to RG.
  • Akiraine wrote: »
    Rey.

+1
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Hoth Rebel Soldier with Ackbar lead
  • Sun Fac
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    If I loose on offence its because i miss humbling blow on St Han. Missing on RG is far less of a problem. Since offence is so rediculously easy i prefer St Han over RG, only a lucky miss can perhaps give me a defensive win.
    RG, harder to fight agianst, but eventually you will still win
    St Han, easier to fight agianst, but when it rains it poors and you have a small chance of actually loosing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Akiraine wrote: »
    Rey.

So correct
  • Vampyrchief
    12 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Gear X-XI Han is scary. RG not so much. its a 3 turn taunt and omega reduces the cooldown. Health at almost 40k at XI I believe. Every hit on him or from him generates TM for the team.
    Lestat 66 (Order 66 501st Division)

My Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/vampyrchief/
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Akiraine wrote: »
    Rey.

Agreed.
  • I believe JC and Talia are very good Taunters.
    Does it really matters they don't have that icon over their head. :(
  • mel wrote: »
    How far along is yours? I geared him during Empire event but he's only 5*...long time to 6. It'd be great to know what he's like packing a bigger punch.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    mel wrote: »
    How far along is yours? I geared him during Empire event but he's only 5*...long time to 6. It'd be great to know what he's like packing a bigger punch.
    6* 23/100 right now. Close to gear 9. I'm going to omega his taunt this weekend because he's such a beast. I use him with AA lead, HRScout, Rey, QGJ (all 7*, etc). So much fun. His taunt is amazing
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    My alt is top on his shard with no RG, only Han, in a Phasma team, along with Rey, QGJ, and Daka. RG can't stun you if he's stunned, or if he's always attacking Han, giving your team more TM.

Han's taunt lasts 3 turns. Dispellers are my top target, then RG usually dies cause he taunted, but sometimes his taunt wears off beforehand, so I can work on someone else, meanwhile Rey has tried to kill my G11 Han, but he still has almost full life, only took away his protection with flurry of blows. These are G10 maxed Reys also.
  • Azgadil
    226 posts Member
    StHan at max gear is the best. He is so good it can make sense to build an ability block toon into your squad just so he stays up longer.

There is no toon that has resulted in more five vs 0 sweeps than StHan.

Obvious Rey and other OP toons must be on the squad.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Akiraine wrote: »
    Rey.

You win the internet today, dude.
    But since he specified Taunters, I'll go with Sun Fac. Forcing them to attack late with a disadvantage, only to then counter with a Dispel that heals you, with powerful species synergies, is pretty darned cool.
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    Duke Nukem or Ash Williams from Evil Dead.
    I would say RG because he taunts when you need him to
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Royal God, most health and protection out of the best tanks, auto taunt, stun,

Yep. Love the term "Royal God".