Daka vs. 5's & Squad advice

Mullato
2582 posts Member
edited June 2016
Just finished QGJ and now I'm at a crossroads between 2 toons I'm really interested in. My arena team could use some work as I'm still rounding out a squad.

[Welcome to critique/help]
Old Ben - 7* G8
STH - 7* G8
QGJ -7* G8
Lumi/plasma - 7* G8 (rotate)
Rey/ GS - 5* G8 (rotate)

Ive made it to to rank 150 so far, everyone around me is 75-80. Im lvl 74 so no omegas. Lumi has been a big team player despite what I've heard about her. Trying to farm Rey up and I pretty much abandoned the GS farm for a while.
Not completely sure if either of these could help my arena team, but I would like to have them for other tables also.

Which should be my first.
DAKA or 5s
Post edited by Mullato on

Replies

• TMK
    700 posts Member
    Daka. Fives isn't reliable with all the nerfs/boosts he's getting lately. She is a safer bet. Plus, she only needs like 1 Droid caller then can go to G10 np.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    TMK wrote: »
    Daka. Fives isn't reliable with all the nerfs/boosts he's getting lately. She is a safer bet. Plus, she only needs like 1 Droid caller then can go to G10 np.

Thx for the insight. There's just something about 5's that compels me to get him. Maybe the fact he's always a pest in my GW node 12 every single day. He is always the last toon I kill, so I end up on auto for a couple of mins while he tanks the **** out of my survivors. Blehhh

Would you suggest daka goin into my arena squad somehow or will she be more for GW and challenges?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If stunned by Daka 5s poses no threat.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

Thx for the insight. There's just something about 5's that compels me to get him. Maybe the fact he's always a pest in my GW node 12 every single day. He is always the last toon I kill, so I end up on auto for a couple of mins while he tanks the **** out of my survivors. Blehhh

Would you suggest daka goin into my arena squad somehow or will she be more for GW and challenges?

Daka is currently my MVP for Arena, saved me so many times I lost count. 30k health + protection, revive, very reliable DOUBLE stun... Fives is just tanky, average speed, doesn't taunt to make his counter proceeding more, etc.

Don't get me wrong, if I could fill another spot in the Arena, it would probably be him.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Lol well I guess you just won the thread. I Shall farm daka then. I guess she will just go onto my GW squad.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Daka is currently my MVP for Arena, saved me so many times I lost count. 30k health + protection, revive, very reliable DOUBLE stun... Fives is just tanky, average speed, doesn't taunt to make his counter proceeding more, etc.

Don't get me wrong, if I could fill another spot in the Arena, it would probably be him.

Yeah Ima go with Granny Daka, I really wanna work her into my arena too. Her kit seems sexii.

Maybe...
    Old Ben
    STH
    QGJ
    Rey/GS
    Daka

EDIT: prolly should run her with phasma L for extra stuns tho.
  • First Dakka absolutely, then 5s or Ashoka
  • I have max 5s gear 10 omega, used him more than 2000 battles, also max omega Daka only gear 9

Honestly , Daka is a necessity for everyone, but, there is something about 5s that I love, it's the fact in very very tight pvp, which u will encounter, 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 1, 5s mostly win, even facing Daka, assume Similar level.
    At 150 ranking, not many people want to mess with u especially when u reach level 80 in approximately 1 month, and obtain omega double tap.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Lol well I guess you just won the thread. I Shall farm daka then. I guess she will just go onto my GW squad.

:-)

You're welcome.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Yeah Ima go with Granny Daka, I really wanna work her into my arena too. Her kit seems sexii.

Maybe...
    Old Ben
    STH
    QGJ
    Rey/GS
    Daka

EDIT: prolly should run her with phasma L for extra stuns tho.

If aiming for more stuns consider that GS will have a 25% chance to call Daka as assist every 2 turns. If using RG instead of ST Han that will increase to 50% (for QGJ as well). However, on defense the AI doesn't distribute stuns to different opponents, but just attacks the main target even if it's already stunned. Hence RG will only give you few more stuns.