Willing to Trade?

Mullato
2582 posts Member
Would trading ever work? As in player-player trading characters, gear, etc.

Seems like it would cut out accidental grinds. You regret 7* Savage? Maybe someone will trade you a 7* Lando for him......
I Could see exploits and ways it could go down hill. Like whales trading chars to alts and people upset they made a mistake losing a toon. Maybe have some kind of forum only moderated forum trade system with limits on trade amounts and times a month. Maybe trade tokens collected from a holotable over time. Idk it just seems fitting to be able to trade in a collecting game. It would break it even more apart from the single player feeling.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    It would be great for the players as it would save either the grind or spending cash.

For that reason, it won't happen!
  • That would cost EA thousands if not millions. Looks good on paper... just like communism
  • Harlodpeter
    323 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I love the idea of trading gears tho.. But not toon shard or the toon itself.. Exploitation could happen if it done so.. Imagine the amount of people that will create new account just to obtain vader shard..

And new shard couldnt grow prosperly as well, if its allowed.. Imagine new player having 7 star toons dominating the shard for couple of months..

if we could trade gear, there must be a limitation as well.. Purp gear maybe 10 salvage in 24 hours, and no full gear allowed..

Good idea but can be exploit if its not controled
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    That would cost EA thousands if not millions. Looks good on paper... just like communism

True. Maybe chromiums can only go for other chromiums.

Idk I just feel the reason most players get bored is farming the same squad for months. Arena teams are all the same cuz most ppl only have a handful of toons fully invested in atm.people scared to start farming and fully gear a random toon from scratch if it isn't meta because that will set them back.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I really hope nothing of trading / gifting or anything of the likes enters the game.... as soon as it does the scammers come out of the wood work and the forums become nothing other than how some **** fell for a scam from a decent sounding guy....
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    And new shard couldnt grow prosperly as well, if its allowed.. Imagine new player having 7 star toons dominating the shard for couple of months

Yeah, well I was thinking only 7* could trade to a 7* of equal footing. Involve a value system on the rarity, viability, and the difficulty to obtain the toon. Of course some like RG and dooku would blur the lines but they would find thier places eventually.
    Low tier: GW shipments
    Mid tier : Catina node & shipments, arena ship
    High tier: hard node, guild shop exclusives.

• Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    @gobears21

Still sounds better than the people complaining about the game robbing them because they are forced to p2p for gear.

Look I'm just tryna get some toons and gear I don't feel like farming, let me shine ok.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »
    @gobears21

Still sounds better than the people complaining about the game robbing them because they are forced to p2p for gear.

Look I'm just tryna get some toons and gear I don't feel like farming, let me shine ok.

haha! I hear ya... I played madden for quite a while and the scammers in that game stink... I was on the trusted middleman list on muthead, on a secret scammer accusations group and I'm telling you there's nothing worse in gaming.... so while it sounds good on paper; it's not.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    @gobears21

I feel ya. Back in the day my abby whip got scammed for 25k. #never4get.
  • Chiquard
    108 posts Member
    How about an auction system where you could sell the toons you don't want anymore ? I'd love that !
    Team MèreDooku [Fr]
    Recruiting now ! Send me an ally request : 557 787 579
  • Can't happen. They allowed trades in EA's NHL franchise. There was nothing stopping farmers from pulling epic players and selling them to their friends for 1 credit. You got a bonus for collecting a whole team, so you could collect the Sabers and trade the team to your friend for their Red Wings for pure profit. Rey would be prostitute at payout time between friends. Not a pretty outcome.