Return blues to Lvl 72 challenges

Fitz
302 posts Member
It is a hassle to run lower tier daily challenges to satisfy the gearing need in blue items. It is also not always possible as one still needs the purples as well. Personally, only do it for tank challenge where the last tier item rewards are used sparsely and easy to stockpile.

Pretty please.

Replies

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    +1 it would be nice to have those Mk 3 callers moved up there.... I hate having to choose between those and hair dryers which I can't possibly choose callers over my 2 hair dryers (can someone please verify that thing is capable of dropping 5!?)
  • I don't understand, why is it a hassle to do lower tier challenges? if you want blue items do the lower tier challenges.....
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    I don't feel your pain. I joined when the game started. I still, after obtaining at least 13 new characters, have about 700 blue items left to make gear with =/

I am on the opposite side, wishing to just sell this worthless junk
  • daddydanks wrote: »
    I don't understand, why is it a hassle to do lower tier challenges? if you want blue items do the lower tier challenges.....

The problem is that we only have 5 tries. Take the healer challenge. I need 50 of those white plasma gun things for making a furnace, and I currently have 20. I also have run out of the blue droid callers and need 20 of them to craft a completely different piece for someone else I'm gearing up. Can't get them both on the same tier, I need as many as possible so I don't have to waste energy simming for 30 purple gear, whose drop rates are abysmal, or for the blue gear whose drop rates are honestly pretty crappy as well. So we're stuck choosing which ones we want to go after more. It's literally an impossible scenario, and totally unfair. Just make the higher tiers include all the rewards from prior tiers plus one new item. Is that too much to ask for?
  • here is a strat ive been using since level 50....Instead of saving crystals for data cards, use your crystals to refresh energy and cantina energy. you get like 400 extra xp a day (which of course if your level capped, doesnt help), you get extra credits, more gear per day, and more training droids per day. You also reach your guild daily activity limit faster and more reliably too. I have farmed 3x the gear i would've normally gotten too! So there are plenty of ways around the challenge problem that some of you have. The challenges in this game are the most balanced part of swgoh and YES it would be nice to have that extra gear, but the challenges are nowhere near hard enough to allow all previous gear to be part of the latest challenge. TBH i don't want any of that to change, it keeps things paced out, and whining about how "its not fair" just isn't right. So how bout we go focus on the mechanics and characters that actually need help in this game not things about how you don't think challenges give you the gear you want.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    So you want to DECREASE the possibility of obtaining the purple items? Because that's what adding blue items would ultimately do....
  • StarSon
    7424 posts Member
    +1
    daddydanks wrote: »
    I don't understand, why is it a hassle to do lower tier challenges? if you want blue items do the lower tier challenges.....

The problem is that, specific to the AGI one, I need hundreds of the hair dryers. But I also need some of those blue droid callers. I just started working on GS last week, and had to do a couple T3 runs, though it pained me to do so. I see no problems in them adding it to the T4 but dropping it to 3 of the callers.
    evanbio wrote: »
    So you want to DECREASE the possibility of obtaining the purple items? Because that's what adding blue items would ultimately do....

Not true. Each prize is separate of the other. Again, for the AGI, you always get some of the binoculars, some of the laptops, and some of the syringes. Adding a 4th reward would do nothing to the chances of the existing three.
  • If you complete the top tier challenge, you also should receive the items of the lows challenges. It is just another nonsense design decision by CG.
  • I wish we could choose/sellect which prizes we might win individually and form a basket of prizes for which we fight.
  • drdavee
    153 posts Member
    Another person wanting a nerf. They want more stuff with no additional cost.
  • I have no blue droid callers and everyone needs them
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Yes please
  • So everyone should suffer because you won't do a lower tier challenge or farm like we all had to?
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    can we have stun cuffs and stun guns in the challenges please?

no-one would worry about lower tier blue items then.
  • StarSon
    7424 posts Member
    So everyone should suffer because you won't do a lower tier challenge or farm like we all had to?

Who suffers if they follow the trend of lower tier challenges and add a small amount of missing blues into the T4 challenges?
  • I'm on MK3 callers right now for several characters (hell you even need them for L79 scanner gear, 20 of them). This comes at the expense of the hairdryers. This game has limited resources, you have to choose. Because those MK3 callers are lower gear blockers I'm spending two weeks clearing out the backlog and then back to hairdryers.
  • +1
  • Oh, I just now realize my Mk3 Droid Caller Salvage count has dipped below 100 for the first time since december. Good catch.

+1 for replacing the utterly useless Mk5 Electrobinoculars Salvages with Mk3 Droid Caller salvages in the AGI challenge's Tier IV.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Agreed this is ridiculous. We shouldn't have to choose between purple gear and blue gear at lvl 80.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • I agree. Blues need to be added back as reward. Additional drop thus not effect your chance at loot on the purple.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    It's fantastic how people can not agree to something that has absolutely no drawback.
    - "I picked up the game from the beginning, I have plenty." Well, guess what? There are plenty of players joining since. No need to be selfish.
    - "It would reduce drop rate of others items. Everyone should suffer." What?
    - "here is a strat, spend crystald to refresh." Who doesn't?

To all the others thank you, I didn't make a poll because I thought everyone would agree. The idea is not mine, I've read it several times and thought a topic could hopefully catch devs attention for implementation.
  • Fitz wrote: »
    It's fantastic how people can not agree to something that has absolutely no drawback.
    - "I picked up the game from the beginning, I have plenty." Well, guess what? There are plenty of players joining since. No need to be selfish.

Kind of ironic that you are calling other people selfish because they don't agree with you wanting the devs to add more MK3 droid callers so you can farm multiple gears at once isn't it?
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Fitz wrote: »

Kind of ironic that you are calling other people selfish because they don't agree with you wanting the devs to add more MK3 droid callers so you can farm multiple gears at once isn't it?

It's not so I can farm, it is so everybody can farm and thus not selfish.
  • Bumping this thread because I find this issue bigger than galactic war difficultly, precrafting 2.0, and mod scaling. Character progression is already resource draining enough and now we have to deal with this. Most toons need large amounts of these blue droid callers and people are running out because T4 challenge doesn't reward them. I would greatly appreciate some generosity.
    @CG_Kozispoon
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    Uhm. You can get mk3 droid callers in other stages. Or you can do a lower tier like I do. If I'm dipping low on mk3 I do some lower tier challenges and then return to top. I never have an issue getting more because they are literally always available, provided you spend energy.

This isn't really that difficult to understand, and honestly a lot of the big, big issues with this game are strongly overshadowing this matter of simple convenience.

Let's call a spade a spade, shall we? This is not a need, it is a want; a convenience.
  • I think the bigger issue is the distribution of the gear in challenges. Long time players like myself are in a position where I have over 1000 of the items from the tier IV tank challenge which no characters use. The healer challenge tier IV gives the purple hairdryer which pretty much every character needs but also 2 items which I have over 1000 pieces of which no one uses. The tier IV attacker challenge contains 3 useful pieces of gear which everyone uses so that one is ok. The problem with gear it seems is that all characters regardless of class seem to need the same bits at higher levels. I would suggest reworking the tier IV healer and tank challenge gear payouts and adding some more useful gear similar to the attacker challenge. Perhaps the purple bacta thing, the purple holo projector, the previously mentioned mk3 callers and either the purple or blue comlinks? The gear rewards for challenges should be useful whereas now I only use 4/9 pieces gained and I am sure many others are in the same position. Sure it's free and easy to obtain but why would I want a combined 5000+ gear pieces I am never going to use.