F2P - 11 Million Credits and I can't even use it.

Prev1
InternetSwag
2658 posts Member
edited June 2016
EZSwdpL.jpg
CzQjJ5k.jpg

The gear crunch is real.
In order for me to use any of my characters in arena and even raids to a lesser extent they need to be gear 9-11.

What don't I have?
  • Furnaces
  • Scanners

Until then these potential leveled characters and star ups are useless. What's the point having a 7 star daka if she's G8?
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
Post edited by InternetSwag on

Replies

• Options
    21 million for me, no one worth it at the moment
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Spare change mi'lord..
  • Options
    You could bring some characters to 80 you know. Gear will come later.
  • Options
    I got a grand total of 1,108 credits I know I know a large amount
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    EZSwdpL.jpg

The gear crunch is real.
    In order for me to use any of my characters in arena and even raids to a lesser extent they need to be gear 9-11.

What don't I have?
    • Furnaces
    • Scanners

Until then these potential leveled characters and star ups are useless. What's the point having a 7 star daka if she's G8?
    EZSwdpL.jpg

The gear crunch is real.

What don't I have?
    • Furnaces
    • Scanners

Zeroth world problems. For real.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    You could...work on.... other heroes???
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    its a fair point, gearing a character from g0 to g10/11 takes longer than getting the credits to promote and level a character to 7* lvl80.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    right, and all those credits would be gone literally instantly if you leveled two toons from 1 to 80. no matter how much you have, it isn't as much as you think.
  • Options
    You could...work on.... other heroes???

Yes, tell me how fun it is to run around with G8 heroes.
  • Options
    MLGebra wrote: »
    right, and all those credits would be gone literally instantly if you leveled two toons from 1 to 80. no matter how much you have, it isn't as much as you think.

That's not even the point.

I would spend it if I had the gear to raise toons.
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Are you in a guild that does heroic raids? Gear shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe if they gave us better drop rates on gear.
  • Options
    Farm some heroes that are easy to gear then. FOO and phasma both need 1 furnace to reach gear X. Savage was fairly easy to gear too. Tusken raider needs only 1 scanner to reach gear X. Check swgoh.gg for all the gear before you start to farm a new hero.
  • Options
    The other issue is, if I'm f2p and have this issue - how are whales handling it?

In this instance being a whale =/= having more gear.

It means needing more gear :|
  • Options
    The other issue is, if I'm f2p and have this issue - how are whales handling it?

Whales buy all the gear they need and get better raid rewards. I'm f2p as well and I'm having more problems with the stun guns, cuffs, eyeballs and detonator than the actual raid only gear.
  • Options

Whales buy all the gear they need and get better raid rewards. I'm f2p as well and I'm having more problems with the stun guns, cuffs, eyeballs and detonator than the actual raid only gear.

I'm not so sure about that. I've seen people refresh for weeks since gear was added to shipments and get nothing.

• Options
    InternetSwag - don't worry, be happy) No need to be gear-o-holic)
    You are F2P player. And It's great. You can spend money for real things, not pixels)
    Gear will come soon. Not so quick, as you wish, but it come...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If you are coming up with tons of extra shards, slow down the shard farming!

Gear problem is one reason I am no longer even buying one cantina refresh (I also have credit issues!). I have some 6 star cantina node toons on my arena teams, still.* But rather than work on getting them to 7 stars, I think it will be better to gear them at 6 stars, first. So I'm saving those 100 extra crystals a day, for when the gear shows up in shipments. I haven't spent any cantina tokens, in several weeks, either. I could be starring up some of my 4 or 5 star toons, there, but right now that is not the priority of my resources.

Also, maybe it's obvious, but maybe don't go all out on hard node guild activity day.

You have choices to make for your own bench and goals. Maybe you are not seeing all of them. I was curious if maybe I was doing it wrong, by not doing cantina refresh, at all. I think other people are having same resource imbalance as I. Your post reassures me I am not doing it wrong. Maybe after lvl 80 it's just not worth doing cantina, regularly, anymore. I know I have plenty of purples and plenty of shards. But doing cantina won't drop any gear, no matter how many times you play it, lol.

My breakdown:
    2 energy refreshes, do 5 hard nodes to get daily, all on Rey. The rest goes to chasing stun cuffs and purple hair dryers, and trying to gear Leia and Rey.
    No cantina refresh except one a week on cantina guild challenge day.
    Buy every raid gear in shipments that I see.
    Spend all my arena tokens on Leia.
    Spend all Guild tokens on raid gear, despite my A team JE is only 5 stars. I rather get him gear than more stars.
    Spend GW tokens on raid toons, and watch their shards pile up, because I don't have gears for them, anyway. And I'm not farming gear for them. (I'm already top 6 in my guild for raid damage, so no problems, there, anytime soon.)

*My RG is only 5 stars. He makes my Arena team 75% of the time. And I am not even actively farming shards for him, beyond my free cantina spins. For RG, gear >>> stars. When the scanner shows up in shipments, I want to have the crystals.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I'm not so sure about that. I've seen people refresh for weeks since gear was added to shipments and get nothing.

no raidgear. But things like @Pindasauskanon mentioned show up pretty frequently (stun guns/cuffs etc)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    This makes no sense at all???
    Ok they just nerfed literally the only thing in this game, that you couldn't auto battle.(GW).
    This is barely a game now. It's a collecting game.
    Collect and level up other characters and get them as high as you can before you get stalled.
    Why would you just want them to give you gear for all of your 18 7* toons. Than what are you going to do in the game? Beg for them to bring the old GW back? Play the same most powerful maxed toons in arena? Beg for more credits because you have 8 characters with shards awaiting level?

But seriously,
    For once EA do not listen to the people on these "official" forums
  • Options
    I have at least 15 toons gear locked on just scanners alone. I still spend my credits to get other toons to 7* and level 80 and gear lock them as well.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    This makes no sense at all???
    Ok they just nerfed literally the only thing in this game, that you couldn't auto battle.(GW).
    This is barely a game now. It's a collecting game.
    Collect and level up other characters and get them as high as you can before you get stalled.
    Why would you just want them to give you gear for all of your 18 7* toons. Than what are you going to do in the game? Beg for them to bring the old GW back? Play the same most powerful maxed toons in arena? Beg for more credits because you have 8 characters with shards awaiting level?

But seriously,
    For once EA do not listen to the people on these "official" forums

They wouldn't just change it because people were complaining, I wouldn't be surprised if the total amount of people who completed galactic war was decreasing, and they made it easier in response to that data
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Spare change mi'lord..

Does no one else find this funny? I was busting a gut laughing.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Gear is definitely the bigger barrier than credits for ftp. The natural credit acquisition will equal the natural shard acquisition after the scoundrel event starts.

We are in a gear crunch not a credit crunch now.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    What's your guild running OP? T7s? The problem I'm having as FTP is the farmable purple gear like cuffs, guns, detonators, blue gear that isn't in the top tier of challenges, etc.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    I can use them all
    Just send them to my paypal account
    I have 3 characters waiting to get to 7* but I only have around 10k credits and many others tha O have the shards but not the credits
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    (...) I'm f2p as well and I'm having more problems with the stun guns, cuffs, eyeballs and detonator than the actual raid only gear.

Hey @Pindasauskanon! As someone in your Arena shard, I can say that your team doesn't need much more gear or whatever, it's just fine as it is :) It's becoming one of the toughest to beat these days.

But I'm in the same boat. On occasions when I have to upgrade some toons (my Arena folks: with gear, new Raid recruits: with shards, a random ragtag squad of Scoundrels in 3 days: mostly credits and low-level gear), I find that the "high-level gear" is the most constraining by far: it takes weeks, if not months, to get a 7* level 80 toon to full gear.

I currently have:
    1. 16 toons at 7*, level 80 or close: 14 of them compete to get the one Scanner I get per month or so (and about 1 Stun Gun I get per month too)
    2. Then maybe 2-3 toons waiting for shards (Rey's 7*, FO slow farm dudes)
    3. Then a bunch of experimental toons (Snowtrooper, Biggs, URoRoR, Rebel scout blocked at gear level 7-8 on those annoying gear that are needed in large numbers at higher level (the Droid Mk3, the Holo Mk3,...)
    4. Then 20-25 toons sitting at level 1 (or not even activated) waiting for a good reason for me to start caring about them. The best they can typically hope is to move on the bracket above and wait their turn for scarce gear pieces.

When the Empire event came, I lifted 3 guys from level 1 to 60-70, then they got stuck on missing gear.
    For the coming Scoundrel event, I have Chewbacca waiting for a Holo gear, and I'll lift 3-4 others from low-level to level 60-70 with no credit problem, but they'll be stuck on gear level 7 or 8.

So yes, totally agree that I really don't have a problem with credits, I have one with gears of all kinds.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    Dont get it. I have over 100M, so you just saved up 10% of mine stocked up resources. Guess nothing to complain...anyway I feel fine.
  • Options
    Ridiculous