Anakins Rework

Salgado9
529 posts Member
So what do yall think of it? Anyone planning on running him leader? His leader ability is halved for anyone who's not jedi or clone but they'll still do 15% more damage and have 10% crit damage. Which is pretty sweet, and if an enemy evades your attack, they get advtanage. And his AoE sounds really weird but I mean the aoe better do some fat damage since he might be exposing himself to the world, (I knew anakin was always a nasty one) but anyways, anybody think they might run him? Also wondering if they gave him more damage out put and less health or any changes to his stats.

Replies

• CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Personally I have a 4 star gear level 7. and I am not going to put any effort into him.
    Good question though.
  • I do wish that anakin comes with a little damage boost given his 2nd ability might hurt him badly, i do wish it is critical chances rather than crits damages tho.. All in all.. Lets just use him first.. I got him at 6* now.. And praying so hard that i can get the furnace for him in tonight's raid
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    I do wish that anakin comes with a little damage boost given his 2nd ability might hurt him badly, i do wish it is critical chances rather than crits damages tho.. All in all.. Lets just use him first.. I got him at 6* now.. And praying so hard that i can get the furnace for him in tonight's raid

I believe a dev said in a comment his AoE was buffed a lot, and his basic was buffed a little. But hey im glad they compensated the aoe expose thingy!
  • Salgado9 wrote: »
    So what do yall think of it? Anyone planning on running him leader? His leader ability is halved for anyone who's not jedi or clone but they'll still do 15% more damage and have 10% crit damage. Which is pretty sweet, and if an enemy evades your attack, they get advtanage. And his AoE sounds really weird but I mean the aoe better do some fat damage since he might be exposing himself to the world, (I knew anakin was always a nasty one) but anyways, anybody think they might run him? Also wondering if they gave him more damage out put and less health or any changes to his stats.

Lol if I can do his impossible node. Screw that. A teebo did 13k damage! I am so ****.
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The changes don't sound very good in the least to me. His second ability would have to hit for a ton to make him worthwhile. It's too bad he doesn't have better reliability on his basic debuffs to possibly make him another Anti-RG character.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Blev08 wrote: »
    The changes don't sound very good in the least to me. His second ability would have to hit for a ton to make him worthwhile. It's too bad he doesn't have better reliability on his basic debuffs to possibly make him another Anti-RG character.

Well rn anakins debuff would land "55%" of the time and if I read the upgrades for his new basic, i think it read for a total of 70% chance now. Which is a lot better. His aoe got buffed as well according to a CG of some sort
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Salgado9 wrote: »

Lol if I can do his impossible node. Screw that. A teebo did 13k damage! I am so ****.
    Yeah I hard nodes it all the way to 7... Lmao and yeah I tried doing that cantina battle, the best I did was 1 star lmaoooo
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member

Yeah I hard nodes it all the way to 7... Lmao and yeah I tried doing that cantina battle, the best I did was 1 star lmaoooo

I got 3 stars on that node without maxed out toons it isn't too hard I did use Fives lead to absorb more damage also I used RG, QGJ, Rey and yoda with a allied Phasma I believe
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    He still looks bad
  • Blev08 wrote: »

A guy on my server in the top 20 runs a gear 11 anakin and his AoE HURTS like BAD. His anakin basically carried the hole team.
  • The 4k ish crit aoe hurt that bad?.
  • Winters
    70 posts Member
    Why does he expose himself? With no way of increasing his own crit chances he's more like going to expose himself than grant offense up.

His unique ability and basic ability are so much better now. Can't wait for them to take effect. I have a 7 star gear 9 Anakin already, was preparing for this long before they announced he'd be changed lol
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Winters wrote: »
    Why does he expose himself? With no way of increasing his own crit chances he's more like going to expose himself than grant offense up.

His unique ability and basic ability are so much better now. Can't wait for them to take effect. I have a 7 star gear 9 Anakin already, was preparing for this long before they announced he'd be changed lol

His AoE has been buffed, it will do "a lot" more damage. It also can grant offense up, and his leader ability does give advantage to allies who miss their attack, which is okay, not anything amazing, but the rest of his leader ability is pretty great, +30% offense for jedis and clones and 20% crit damage. Thas just great; and half for the rest of the allies. Rey with more damage... Lmao. His basic also got a +15% to land his buff immunity which will be iod VS Taunters or dooku led teams or can stop rey from getting more buffs etc. all we can do now is wait and see how he is up close and personal. But I have him at gear 8 ;( 7 starred tho, hopefully I get this furnace soon :disappointed:
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Sounds awesome to me. Kind of want to start farming him now.
  • Yeah, Anakin is like a Darth Maul on crack
  • I like it and I'm going to work on levelling/starring/gearing him.

Good show, CG.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • I've run a maxed Anakin in arena for awhile and he's been great under a QGJ lead. He didn't need a rework. But this may be okay. I may try his lead for a bit just to see.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Now is a good time for an anakin Jedi pack
    Can't wait to see his his potency and omega
    Post edited by Calus_78 on
  • I think the changes will make him an interesting character to use - only thing I'd like clarification on from @EA_Jesse is with the anakin rework has there been changes made to the base damage levels Anakin deals? As I see a lot of people claiming it, but have not seen any official comments about this!
  • A dev mentioned in the update mega thread that he will get a damage buff to both attacks.

This is going to be awesome.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Super123
    233 posts Member
    Anakin offers an interesting Jedi-clone synergy. Gonna be interesting to see fives, clone sergeant, anakin, and the jedis fight side by side
  • This remains to be seen but I really think ani is more of a plug and play into a current team than a new clone/Jedi meta and here's why.

A very important part of any meta is the inability to focus fire toons to death on ai (dodge lead)(2 tank/Rey teams)or mass pure damage (droids). I don't think ani lead with 4 clones, or 2 clone+2 Jedi, or any variation of that has that ability.

Jedi and clones are not known for their damage and even with that nice damage boost, is it going to be enough? More importantly there are no Jedi or clone tanks, so what's to stop any team from taking down your ani first, or QGJ or Rex with no delay? So now it's a 5v4 fight off the bat in which I think ani will be targeted first. i think his rework is nice but the surrounding cast doesn't seem up to snuff.

I would like to see how ani lead, Ayala, fives, Rex, QGJ team does when the update is out, or even a ani +4 clones team, but my thought are it won't be enough to reign supreme, viable? Sure but top tier/meta? Ehh we will see, kind of doubtful
  • I'm gonna try Ani (lead) Qgj Fives Rey and RG/Sthan

fives and qgj are already very good toons with a good dmg output...with anakins leader ability they will hit very hard. Rey also gets 15% dmg and 10% crit dmg, i think thats enough for her :)

I dont know if RG would be better than Han :/ Maybe RG would be a very good combo with Anakins 50% health skill...or Han for the TM boost?
  • His leadership bonus is half for other allies but the advantage on evades seems to works for any ally, and that is a big thing. I think he could be a good leader for other teams than clones o jedis.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    This remains to be seen but I really think ani is more of a plug and play into a current team than a new clone/Jedi meta and here's why.

A very important part of any meta is the inability to focus fire toons to death on ai (dodge lead)(2 tank/Rey teams)or mass pure damage (droids). I don't think ani lead with 4 clones, or 2 clone+2 Jedi, or any variation of that has that ability.

Jedi and clones are not known for their damage and even with that nice damage boost, is it going to be enough? More importantly there are no Jedi or clone tanks, so what's to stop any team from taking down your ani first, or QGJ or Rex with no delay? So now it's a 5v4 fight off the bat in which I think ani will be targeted first. i think his rework is nice but the surrounding cast doesn't seem up to snuff.

I would like to see how ani lead, Ayala, fives, Rex, QGJ team does when the update is out, or even a ani +4 clones team, but my thought are it won't be enough to reign supreme, viable? Sure but top tier/meta? Ehh we will see, kind of doubtful

As someone else stated, you wouldnt have to use just clone and jedi, even tho that would be ideal, his leader is halved for non jedi/clone. Which is stilk pretty decent +15% offense and +10% Crit damage and gain advantage when you whiff? Sounds pretty decent, and put that under rey, well you got an even fatter hit waiting. I was probably just gonna Run Anakin Lead QGJ FOTP RG and a fifth, contemplating either fives or just another taunt. still we have to wait and see if its ani is any good in-game