Father of Anakin?

Prev1
By The way...
WHO Thinks that Darth plagueis made Anakin by Using The Force? Or other ideas how Anakin Could Born?

Replies

• this belongs in off topic area
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Maybe lord jar jar, using his dark side push or it could be watto too
  • This is so off-topic but if you must ask, midichlorians were altered by the Force to create a rebuttal to Plagueis' meddling with the Force.
  • Would explain schmi saying to QGJ there is no father lol
    Also connect quite a few dots throughout the saga :)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • The Plagueis book is probably the most important Star Wars book written. You should read it, if you can find it.
  • DarthDamon wrote: »
    The Plagueis book is probably the most important Star Wars book written. You should read it, if you can find it.

What's it called and is it on amazon? I have always wanted to learn more about Darth plagueis
  • It's a popular theory.

Jar Jar Binks being the true dark lord of the Sith is also popular.

Fan theories are cool but Disney is never going to tell you.
  • DarthDamon wrote: »
    The Plagueis book is probably the most important Star Wars book written. You should read it, if you can find it.

What's it called and is it on amazon? I have always wanted to learn more about Darth plagueis

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Darth-Plagueis-Legends/dp/0345511298
  • The force made anikin like it says in the movie, darth plagueis and Sidious formed an imbalance in the force so the force counter acted it. Read plagueis it's a great book
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    That book is not canon. I believe the one after it, by the same author is though.
  • That book will probably become canon, if not the book, the fact that anikin was born of mediclorians is mentioned in the movie, so it's not like that will change. Born of the force to bring the force back to balence because Sidious and plagueis were so powerful.

not to mention all the old republic stuff. They have new updates coming out on swtor constantly. Meaning it is new and canon.
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Swtor is not cannon. Even the new stuff.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon#List_of_Star_Wars_canon

Full list of canon star wars media.
  • SWTOR will not be canon because of when the game started. Started before Disney owned it. They now keep running it to make money and because of the licence . Honestly SWTOR is not even really star wars now. The republic and the empire are now teamed up to fight a greater threat? Jedi and sith working together? HK-51 chasing bugs around while working on an ancient ship?

As far as plegieus goes, it is a very important book. Everyone in that book is canon. Events that happen in that book are canon. They might not ever say the book is actually canon because Disney didn't own it at the time, but I bet they never rewrite it, or contradict anything written in that book. And atleast to me, that makes it canon.

I really don't think they will ever rewrite any of the older stuff. The pre movies they are doing is really nothing against the stuff that was written before, except maybe force unleashed.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    I wouldn't bet on Disney paying derivative work royalties to include EU material. Lucas didn't.
  • Canon wise...the only thing we know about Plagueis is his name. Sidious never even comes out and says he was his master. The audience assumes he is. Plagueis might not even be a true character. Sidious could have made him up to lure Anakin to the dark side.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Plz dont flogg me in the streets but what the heck is "canon"?????

I am almost constantly seeing ppl say "thats canon" and "this is canon" "so-n-so is canon"

Which leaves me lost to no end lol
  • Abyss wrote: »

I am almost constantly seeing ppl say "thats canon" and "this is canon" "so-n-so is canon"

It basically means 'official'. Canon content is the only information that is officially in the Star Wars universe.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »

It basically means 'official'. Canon content is the only information that is officially in the Star Wars universe.

Much appreciated
    So "canon" is truth, everything else is speculation
    Got it
  • KOTOR and SWTOR could easily be considered canon, since they took place roughly 3000 years before the Original Trilogy. Also, consider that HK-47 is in this game. This game is supposed to be based on Canon, right?
  • Elsario wrote: »
    KOTOR and SWTOR could easily be considered canon, since they took place roughly 3000 years before the Original Trilogy. Also, consider that HK-47 is in this game. This game is supposed to be based on Canon, right?

Well lets put it this way. Disney didn't own star wars at them times, so for them its not canon. They will not make it canon because of just in case they make something that messes up something from then.

However I really don't think Disney will ever go back and rewrite all the history that has already been written about. I think everything they do from here will be either forward, and back stories that will not go any farther back than something dealing with esp IV. They will pretty much stay away from esp I-III.

Because if this. I consider everything before esp I to including Darth Plegieus to be canon. And will always consider it canon until they rewrite it.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    Elsario wrote: »
    KOTOR and SWTOR could easily be considered canon, since they took place roughly 3000 years before the Original Trilogy. Also, consider that HK-47 is in this game. This game is supposed to be based on Canon, right?

Well lets put it this way. Disney didn't own star wars at them times, so for them its not canon. They will not make it canon because of just in case they make something that messes up something from then.

However I really don't think Disney will ever go back and rewrite all the history that has already been written about. I think everything they do from here will be either forward, and back stories that will not go any farther back than something dealing with esp IV. They will pretty much stay away from esp I-III.

Because if this. I consider everything before esp I to including Darth Plegieus to be canon. And will always consider it canon until they rewrite it.

I'm with you on that
  • It's always possible Anakin's mum liked to sleep around ;)
  • Elsario wrote: »
    HK-47 is in the clone wars which is considered cannon. The fact that it appears in KotOR (even if it appeared there first), doesn't mean that is a legitimate source for a Disney game.

• InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The whole 'anakin was created by the force' was always the biggest flaw in Star Wars for me.
    There's bad writing, dumb design and then there's, well, this giant pile of Royal Guard Poop.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Abyss wrote: »

Canon = canonical
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    The force made anikin like it says in the movie, darth plagueis and Sidious formed an imbalance in the force so the force counter acted it. Read plagueis it's a great book

There was how many Jedi when he was born? 1000s? and 2 Sith...IMO the imbalance is to much Jedi power. Now after order 66 there was much more balance.
  • Randall wrote: »
    The force made anikin like it says in the movie, darth plagueis and Sidious formed an imbalance in the force so the force counter acted it. Read plagueis it's a great book

There was how many Jedi when he was born? 1000s? and 2 Sith...IMO the imbalance is to much Jedi power. Now after order 66 there was much more balance.

There was probably more than that, maybe 10000?
    But regardless of that, balence in the force is when the light is in control. That's why anikin brings balence to the force when he destroys the emperor,
    Also there was a ton of Jedi but Sidious and plagueis were super powerful.

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    But regardless of that, balence in the force is when the light is in control.
    How's that balance? That's light winning! Balance would be both sides on equal footing.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Rolf wrote: »
    But regardless of that, balence in the force is when the light is in control.
    How's that balance? That's light winning! Balance would be both sides on equal footing.

There can't be balence when evil has to much power. The force came out of balence when the dark side got to much power, that's not what I said, that's how the books and movies go.
  • jumping on this here...If one was to start reading some of these books where would you begin?