Force Champion Event Rework

methoss1004
148 posts Member
edited June 2016
First I want to say that I loved the concept! I, like many others, was frustrated early by the rewards not being what was advertised. This isnt to say I didnt like the rewards or think they were fair. I just didnt like that the advertised rewards were totally different than the possible rewards and that fact is a known bug that wasnt addressed.

I want to be clear; I did like the rewards once I understood what they were. So then now that the event is put on ice for a rework, here are my ideas to make it more appealing and viable.

Overall event: One week event that offers a Chromium Jedi on a rotating basis with Yoda event as one of the weeks. Right now it could be Aayla > Kit > Yoda > off week (Military might?) > repeat.
Refreshes: 1st attempt per tier is free and then it costs crystal 75/75/100/100/125/125
Rewards: All rewards would display minimum but have a possible 2x or 3x multiplier (1x 65%, 2x 25%, 3x 10%)

Tier 1
required char: Light side char with min 2*
tuned for lvl 50
Credits: 30k
Ability materials: Mk II x2
Shards: Jedi Consular x2, Jedi Knight Guardian x2, *New Character* Jedi Temple Guard x1, Chromium Jedi of the week x1 (One guaranteed drop and 10% chance at 2nd drop)

Tier 2
required char: Light side char with min 3*
tuned for lvl 60
Credits: 75k
Ability materials: Mk III x2
Shards: Jedi Consular x3, Jedi Knight Guardian x3, *New Character* Jedi Temple Guard x2, Chromium Jedi of the week x2 (One guaranteed drop and 10% chance at 2nd drop)

Tier 1
required char: Light side char with min 5*
tuned for lvl 70
Credits: 125k
Ability materials: Mk III x3 OR 10% chance at Omega x1 (no multipliers for omega)
Shards: Jedi Consular x4, Jedi Knight Guardian x4, *New Character* Jedi Temple Guard x3, Chromium Jedi of the week x3 (One guaranteed drop and 10% chance at 2nd drop)

Benefits:
*Ease of explaining rewards (eg 1x/2x/3x)
*Ease of access both in available characters and level.
*Rewards address 'credit crunch' in a meaningful way for F2P and give a tempting way to spend crystals for P2P
*Rewards address ability material crunch
*New character: Jedi Temple Guard
*Access to Chromium Jedi
*Drop rates are as good or better than refreshing Cantina and priced to be slightly more than Cantina if refreshing 2x
*Variety of rewards is interesting to F2P and P2P (credits/ability mats/new char)

Conclusion: I was doing 1x 75 crystal refresh for Ayala event because I wanted her shards and there was a chance for some decent credit drops and ability mats. With the above I think that it is tempting enough to be a daily crystal spend for anyone not leveling and in need of XP. Even then it is tempting enough to be occasionally valuable to refresh for credits and mats. Some will spend more refreshing due to the better credit drops, ability mat drops including possibility of Omega, new character and Chromium Jedi shards. As Jedi stop being Chromium and new Jedi are released the Chromium "Champions" can be phased in and out.

PS: While I like the idea of the Jedi Temple Guard, but its not completely critical to this being returned as an event. I just think adding an exclusive char to the event is a good way to get people to participate and additional incentive to buy refreshes. If you really wanted to make it interesting, you could offer a highly anticipated char like "General Kenobi."
Post edited by methoss1004 on