Luminara nerf

Prev1
WompyRat
109 posts Member
edited January 2016
Luminaras ability block attack is extremely overpowered. Its ridiculous for a character to have massive heals AND be an attacker at the same time. The attack would be fine if the damage was cut in half. Luminara, dooku and leia are the only characters that i feel are incredibly overpowered. Im also running 5* Fett, 6* oppress, 5* luke, 5* tusken raider and 4* kylo all at lvl 60

Replies

• First, you have no healer. You're doomed from the get go.

Second, acquire Luminara yourself. Bam, playing field is leveled right there. Dooku is difficult to level up being as he only drops from 2 areas and can only be run a handful times per day (without shards). With a healer, I keep Dooku for the end as he is squishy, but he can do a lot of damage to my team early on if I keep hitting him.

My strategy: Save Dooku either for last or second to last. Kill everyone else that way he doesn't heal, keep a healer on your team to keep health up, have a proper tank (Fett is NOT proper), and then crush Dooku at the end when your team is at full health. It only takes 2 players at full health to kill him if he is at full health at the end.

If you go for Dooku first, you're gonna have a bad time.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    With a team like that, it's no wonder that you're screaming nerf for a easily farmable such as Luminara, odds are you've spent all your tokens on the tusken raider and now you're **** because you screwed up.
    Your team has no synergy at all.
  • AgentSmith817
    45 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Soon as I had access to Galactic War I farmed her up and got her maxed out. She now leads my top 5 team in arenas.
  • Another dummy pay to win player trying to make f2p even weaker.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Soon as I had access to Galactic War I farmed her up and got her maxed out. She now leads my top 5 team in arenas.

I screwed up at first, spent about 4k tokens on datcha...lol
    Already have my Lumi at 7* and Phasma is 30/100
    Like you said she's very accessible and easy to obtain.
  • I am working on Phasma now. She is 10/100. Not sure who I will acquire after her. Probably the Nightsister.
  • First of all welcome to the forum.

This is a great place to share strategy, pontificate about the philosophy of F2P vs. P2P, or just chat in the long downtime between refreshes.

I appreciate your philosophy of running a "no synergy" team, that takes guts and I am sure if you are ever successful with that lineup it should be very satisfying. I appreciate you are frustrated by being beat by the above mentioned three characters. However, coming here with cries of "nerf" is kind of like bringing a big salad to a BBQ.

As Homer Simpson once said, "You don't make friends with salad".

• So consistent top 150 equals no synergy? Doubt it. Also i havnt dropped a cent on this game thanks.
  • have a proper tank (Fett is NOT proper)[/quote]

Id like to switch it up and be a little different im the only fett in my top 200 server. I enjoy my +45% crit damage
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Your team doesn't have synergy. Lumi and dooku are not overpowered. Haven't seen enough Leia to definitively say.

Build a better team, everyone is going to look overpowered against that squad.

It's not the individuals that are the problem, your only garbage is tusken, but that combination is weak.
  • Baal wrote: »
    Your team doesn't have synergy. Lumi and dooku are not overpowered. Haven't seen enough Leia to definitively say.

Build a better team, everyone is going to look overpowered against that squad.

Like i said i only have a problem with those 3 and im not the only one
  • Hmmm, I am kind of confused by your post, your issue is that someone who heals can't also have a big attack with an Ability Block? All healers can attack (even Barriss, lol). Daka can stun up to 2 people and brings back the dead which is worse than an ability block in many cases imo. JC and Talia can put up some serious damage numbers too (for healers anyway). You have Boba who can Ability Block an entire team and do damage who also happens to come back to life a lot more than he should.

Lumi is generally the first of those 3 I would take down first, I would kill Leia if I could before she stealths but that usually isn't possible. Leia whenever she pops up and Dooku near the end, though your Luke can probably nuke him down hard with one shot.

Main problem probably is you are facing 6 or 7 * Luminara's since she is generally one of the first characters people farm for and most characters at that level can do some serious damage (she is technically an Attacker class).

But also agree with others, running a full damage team can be risky with that comp and a healer of your own (like a Lumi) can do wonders to heal through characters who do a lot of damage in one ability turn.
  • Scoregasms wrote: »
    Hmmm, I am kind of confused by your post, your issue is that someone who heals can't also have a big attack with an Ability Block? All healers can attack (even Barriss, lol). Daka can stun up to 2 people and brings back the dead which is worse than an ability block in many cases imo. JC and Talia can put up some serious damage numbers too (for healers anyway). You have Boba who can Ability Block an entire team and do damage who also happens to come back to life a lot more than he should.

Lumi is generally the first of those 3 I would take down first, I would kill Leia if I could before she stealths but that usually isn't possible. Leia whenever she pops up and Dooku near the end, though your Luke can probably nuke him down hard with one shot.

Main problem probably is you are facing 6 or 7 * Luminara's since she is generally one of the first characters people farm for and most characters at that level can do some serious damage (she is technically an Attacker class).

But also agree with others, running a full damage team can be risky with that comp and a healer of your own (like a Lumi) can do wonders to heal through characters who do a lot of damage in one ability turn.

Just saying that attack specifically should be toned down if not her heal should be on par with consular
  • Lol, we're at an impasse then and will just have to agree to disagree. I consider the 2 heals for 2 different purposes, one is a quick medium sized heal on a 2-3 CD that can be used multiple times in one match (or once every GW match) and the other is a big heal on a long CD that generally can only be used once a fight (or once every other GW match).

I don't know your exact experience with Lumi but I do have her with the 100% Ability Block and I can tell you it does not land nowhere near 100% of the time for me (even against characters who are not Sidius, while Sidius is one who I don't even bother targeting with this ability at all).
  • Easux wrote: »
    Scoregasms wrote: »
    Hmmm, I am kind of confused by your post, your issue is that someone who heals can't also have a big attack with an Ability Block? All healers can attack (even Barriss, lol). Daka can stun up to 2 people and brings back the dead which is worse than an ability block in many cases imo. JC and Talia can put up some serious damage numbers too (for healers anyway). You have Boba who can Ability Block an entire team and do damage who also happens to come back to life a lot more than he should.

Just saying that attack specifically should be toned down if not her heal should be on par with consular

p2 win scum.
  • p2 win scum.
    What part of i havnt spent a cent on this game dont you understand?
  • Scoregasms wrote: »
    Lol, we're at an impasse then and will just have to agree to disagree. I consider the 2 heals for 2 different purposes, one is a quick medium sized heal on a 2-3 CD that can be used multiple times in one match (or once every GW match) and the other is a big heal on a long CD that generally can only be used once a fight (or once every other GW match).

I don't know your exact experience with Lumi but I do have her with the 100% Ability Block and I can tell you it does not land nowhere near 100% of the time for me (even against characters who are not Sidius, while Sidius is one who I don't even bother targeting with this ability at all).

Ive heard that playing agaist ai controlled is a whole other story since they basically cheat and get all of the advantages
  • So...
    You don't have lumi??
    XXXXD
    h

Id like to switch it up and be a little different im the only fett in my top 200 server. I enjoy my +45% crit damage

Right now I am top 20 because I haven't started my matches for the day, and I am routinely in the top 10, sometimes top 5 (best was #2)

Your team needs work. Your choice is to either

A.) Complain
    B.) Build an efficient team, which requires a tank. Either Han Solo or Chewbacca, and a frigging healer.
    So consistent top 150 equals no synergy? Doubt it. Also i havnt dropped a cent on this game thanks.

Consistant top 150 is sad man. No wonder your crying nerf with your horrible team

• Crittik wrote: »
    Easux wrote: »
    So consistent top 150 equals no synergy? Doubt it. Also i havnt dropped a cent on this game thanks.

Consistant top 150 is sad man. No wonder your crying nerf with your horrible team

Everyone above me has more power than me theres nothing i can do.. i refuse to pay but im sure youre willing to feed ea so go nuts bud

Everyone above me has more power than me theres nothing i can do.. i refuse to pay but im sure youre willing to feed ea so go nuts bud

You wasted your shards on a Tusken Raider vs the very person you are complaining about.

You wasted your shards on a Tusken Raider vs the very person you are complaining about.

I actually got tusken in a bronzium so id figure to go with it. Im going for her now i just think its ridiculous shes a necessity
  • I hope they nerf me in the next update
    I actually got tusken in a bronzium so id figure to go with it. Im going for her now i just think its ridiculous shes a necessity

A healer is a necessity. You have none. That is your problem.

• I actually got tusken in a bronzium so id figure to go with it. Im going for her now i just think its ridiculous shes a necessity [/quote]

A month ago, Bariss and Dooku were a necessity, now it's Lumi and Sid, another couple of weeks maybe your Tusken will pay off. That being said, it's probably worth gearing up Talia or Consular until you can get Lumi up to speed.
  • Tusken will only pay off if they actually add more tuskens to the game. Which is probably lower on the priority list for characters
  • Andrew wrote: »
    Tusken will only pay off if they actually add more tuskens to the game. Which is probably lower on the priority list for characters

Judging from the lack of updates and how simple bugs like auto targeting are still present, I doubt they have a list of priorities for anything other than $$$
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Your team is terrible. I wonder if you ever thought of synergy before you start farming those characters. I am not for cookie cutter build but as FtP like what you mentioned, our choices are limited.

I assume you are trying to put together a dps team with Luke, Tusken, savage, kylo etc

First, you got no one to help to boost your damage of Luke, Tusken raider etc why didn't you farm sidious or even poogle to complement them? Your reason for farming for oppress in arena is baffling.

Second, your tank boba is awesome, but he is not really a tank but more of a ability blocker and mid damage output with revive abilities. Why didn't you get Han in GW shipment instead of raider?

Thirdly, kylo is a good hero, but why didn't you think of Phasma to complement him?

Fourth, not a must but you got no healer in your rooster like JC, Daka, luminara? I wonder how you fare in GW. And coming here to **** about healers? Of course Lumi is one of the best healers other than Bariss, and JC is outstanding too. Daka is awesome with her revive abilities, and she is a stun queen. I'm even farming for ewok elder to use in GW.

Level 60 with no 7* heroes and only one 6*? I am pretty much FTP too other than Dooku pack and when I hit lvl 60, I got one 7* Lumi, 6* JC, 6* Sid. Of course they are all 7* now after a week in 60.

Before you complain about Lumi, think about your own strategy and why your team falls flat. There must be a reason why dps teams have someone to boost their crit chance/dmg, offense up etc or a tank to help draw fire away while they deal damage. You have neither, and zero healer, so it puts you in a serious disadvantage even at level 60.

• ckl
    18 posts Member
    Her Master Healers Blessing has a 5 turn recovery which isn't great for a healer. Her force blast damage and crit rating inst that pulverizing at around 4-6k damage and she has poor potency.