Why do F2P players always have to let you know they're F2P?

Prev1345
Kingken85
410 posts Member
edited June 2016
Are F2P players the new vegan?

Just about every thread has that one guy that pops in and says "I'm F2P blah blah and ea is just after my money blah blah oh did I say I was F2P, well I am..."

Do people not realize it costs money to make games? Every developer needs a pay check, advertising costs money, paying for servers costs money, the computers, the keyboards, even the networking cable costs money. So all the "F2P" players complaining about this game costing money STOP, without the money the game makes there would be no game. So please do us all a favor if you don't have something productive to contribute to the subject at hand just don't say anything at all.

End of my rant.
**Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
Post edited by Kingken85 on

Replies

• Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Kewl
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Salgado9 wrote: »
    Kewl

Btw I'm F2P
  • Hey I'm ftp and a vegetarian, nice to meet you.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    And I am running a marathon.
  • Kinda busy I'm at the gym working out
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    CrossFit Paleo vape Tesla driving gluten allergy ftp.
  • Lol network cable.

These servers would just be virtual servers at an EA co-location data centre.

But its a bigger achievement to progress without spending money. Im about to 7* Leia without spending a cent. Bigger achievement than just spending a few hundred bucks.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Lol network cable.

These servers would just be virtual servers at an EA co-location data centre.

But its a bigger achievement to progress without spending money. Im about to 7* Leia without spending a cent. Bigger achievement than just spending a few hundred bucks.

Is it though? Everyone can do it whys it an achievement when it's free?
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Spoken like a true PTW casual. I'm ftp and eat loads of red meat.
  • Asic wrote: »
    And I am running a marathon.

I drive a hybrid.
  • Mo_liza wrote: »
    CrossFit Paleo vape Tesla driving gluten allergy ftp.

You sir are hilarious!!! :)
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Kingken85 wrote: »

Just about every thread has that one guy that pops in and says "I'm F2P blah blah and ea is just after my money blah blah oh did I say I was F2P, well I am..."

Do people not realize it costs money to make games? Every developer needs a pay check, advertising costs money, paying for servers costs money, the computers, the keyboards, even the networking cable costs money. So all the "F2P" players complaining about this game costing money STOP, without the money the game makes there would be no game. So please do us all a favor if you don't have something productive to contribute to the subject at hand just don't say anything at all.

End of my rant.

Says the guy who's ftp
  • BTW, it's supposed to be "they're", not "their" in the title. Sorry, I have grammar "German WWII Chancellor's special police" tendencies. (I can't use the four letter word that replaces the whole German ww2... thingy: it gets changed to ****)
  • gallery79
    45 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    While agree that F2P players batching about needing to pay to get the best toons, it is often important to mention they're f2p when asking advice...which is what I see most. When someone needs help in the raid, for example, it's important to state they're f2p, otherwise every response will tell them to have rex in their line-up.
    But yeah, if they're f2p, they gotta stop beotching. It's a pretty sweet little time-killer for free
  • C3POwn wrote: »

End of my rant.

Says the guy who's ftp

What they said.
  • Welcome to the forum.

I'm a F2P Vegan who drives a hybrid and powers my home with only solar or wind energy. And if you have a moment I would like to discuss the benefits of the light side in your life. Think I covered most of the things here. Pleasure to meet you.

Welcome to the forum. ;)
  • mutimloh
    141 posts Member
    I like garlic mashed potatoes.
  • BTW, it's supposed to be "they're", not "their" in the title. Sorry, I have grammar "German WWII Chancellor's special police" tendencies. (I can't use the four letter word that replaces the whole German ww2... thingy: it gets changed to ****)

Fixed
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Keep bumping! Ftp OP wants to know why he is better than payers.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Lol because F2Pers like to laugh at whales who spent hundreds and thousands on this game and are 3 spots ahead in arena. Good for you... $5000 means you are good at a game lol.

Sorry. This thread sent me into total goofball mode
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • I ate me a taco for dinner tonight.
    Washed it diwn with a Dr Pepper.
    I am also sitting on the couch playing SWGoH.

Oh and I am ____ to play.
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Same reason George Costanzo had to make sure Elaine knew it was cold out.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Same reason George Costanzo had to make sure Elaine knew it was cold out.

@LastJedi
    Come on, he was in the pool......hahaha
  • Powda
    525 posts Member

End of my rant.

For the same reason that some people feel like they've accomplished something by finding a way to download a song for free as opposed to paying $.99 for it.
  • I'm only F2P because it's cool
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    I cross fit
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Smugs-South Park, (farts)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I'm a guppy. I believe if I have played and enjoyed a game for several months, the devs and the community admins deserve to be paid for their efforts - even if I don't always agree with them.

Everyone is free to spend their money how they want. If they feel the need to brag about spending a ton of cash or brag about spending nothing, it's the need to draw attention to it that says more about the person than whether or not they spend money.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    In all seriousness, the way the game is played and how you level up is very different for f2p vs p2p. So mentioning your status in the thread helps get proper advice. All the time someone posts a question and the popular answer is 'just get toon X' that they can't possibly get. Or even worse, when a P2Per says just run Leia, Rey, and Rex. Ok.... thanks for the useless input. (I know Leia and rey are now farmable)

Thus most people mention they are F2P
  • twaller
    123 posts Member
    In all seriousness, the way the game is played and how you level up is very different for f2p vs p2p. So mentioning your status in the thread helps get proper advice. All the time someone posts a question and the popular answer is 'just get toon X' that they can't possibly get. Or even worse, when a P2Per says just run Leia, Rey, and Rex. Ok.... thanks for the useless input. (I know Leia and rey are now farmable...

Thus most people mention they are F2P

This