It takes far too long to acquire the guild currency for 25 pieces of salvage.

What's it take? Over a week to earn enough for one set of 25? That should be enough for a full piece. I have about 6 characters gated by scanners, and scanner salvage just won't show itself in raid rewards. Meanwhile, they are adding another toon to the guild store to further slow us down in getting raid gear. Something really needs to be done about this.

Replies

• Who is getting added? And I feel you, have only bought 10 salavage and felt worthless
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Who is getting added? And I feel you, have only bought 10 salavage and felt worthless

Dengar. I really hope scanners are the next piece to shipments. Everyone whos anyone needs them
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Are you doing tier 7? I'm in a permanent tier 5 guild and it will take a lifetime.
  • Keyper wrote: »
    Are you doing tier 7? I'm in a permanent tier 5 guild and it will take a lifetime.

Tier 7
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    I must Agree with the time it takes to get 25 pieces of anything is way overboard I guess they Justify it with saying it is raid exclusive gear. I do not Agree on Dengar though he will not slow down anyone in the slightest unless you really want him. Me I do want him and I will farm him not for the scoundrel event but just because he seems cool to me and has a nice kit but that is all relative
  • Agreed with the OP.

We are having enough with the high prices for the raid salvages. There are two new characters in guild store (je, gammorean guard) plus lot of others characters shards. We don't need another new character in guild store. Most people need guild currency to be spent on raid salvage.

We need Dengar to GW shipments, same as Magmatrooper was added there months ago.
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    I did some math. Average life is 75 years old and if you are f2p and want all characters it will take you around 3% of your life to get them all and lvl them to atleast gear 9. I don't know any game that takes that long to complete.
  • PEZ
    64 posts Member
    Agree with OP, the salvage grind via the Guild Shop is unbearably slow and right now we have to choose between salvage and shards for JE / Guard. Adding another character to the Guild Shop makes zero sense, especially considering most players have nothing to spend their currency on in the other shops (Cantina, GW, Arena and Shard Shops). I vote for Cantina or GW since Leia was recently added to the Arena Shop.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Ya, two new characters will become available in the next four days, the Geonosian Spy and Dengar, one of which will cost even more guild currency to obtain shards for...
    But halving the amount of guild currency it would take to obtain gear would just cause people who grinded them out to complain that their hard work just got stepped all over and that this games becoming too easy just because people complained on the forums.
    If doubling the amount of currency seems like a proper fix to you maybe a second raid of some kind could be added, and it could be participated in at the same time as the Rancor one, for double currency. Other than that I have no idea
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Add it to shard shop, only one shard shop exclusive today, and that's General Grievous
  • PEZ wrote: »
    Agree with OP, the salvage grind via the Guild Shop is unbearably slow and right now we have to choose between salvage and shards for JE / Guard. Adding another character to the Guild Shop makes zero sense, especially considering most players have nothing to spend their currency on in the other shops (Cantina, GW, Arena and Shard Shops). I vote for Cantina or GW since Leia was recently added to the Arena Shop.

Sadly it makes perfect sense. They want to slow us down even more in the gear grind
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Who is getting added? And I feel you, have only bought 10 salavage and felt worthless

Dengar. I really hope scanners are the next piece to shipments. Everyone whos anyone needs them

Dengar shouldn't slow you down. He doesn't look decent enough to waste currency on.

But I agree the gear is overpriced. They should do away with random raid rewards and give us the currency equivalent so we can buy what we want instead.
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    fudgra wrote: »
    Dengar shouldn't slow you down. He doesn't look decent enough to waste currency on.

Consider what happens in raids if tenacity down bringe Teebo's TM down close to a 100% reliable? :)

Post edited by WillowStar on
  • Lasserini wrote: »

Consider what happens in raids if tenacity down bringe Teebo's TM down close to a 100% reliable? :)

OP - Nice to see you with another positive non complaining post, what a shocker ;)

It's getting kind if annoying you having to say something about me every time I post. Can you can that please. Thank you
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Lasserini wrote: »

OP - Nice to see you with another positive non complaining post, what a shocker ;)

It's getting kind if annoying you having to say something about me every time I post. Can you can that please. Thank you

OT: Yea, its rather costly to buy gear in comparisson with shard, but to be honest, it doesnt bother me that much. Since progress is relative to others, who have to deal with the same prices, its not a problem per se. Obviously i would like to progress faster, but i probably wouldnt enjoy a full maxed out arena from rank 100 to 1. I only buy salvages i i need on gear that is allmost finished, this works out great. I also like the fact that people are forced to choose between relative cheap shards, and expensive gear. That choice influences how the player performs in the game. Everyone having everything is not a good thing imo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Agree with OP.

Cantina needs a new addition it has been ages.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    *Contents removed for violating community guidelines*
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    DJJ wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

stop posting complaints, problems solved :p

He had that ackbar post. That was kind of not complaining...

Other than that I got nothing.
    Have anything to add to the topic? No? Then bye bye
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member

Agree with OP.

Cantina needs a new addition it has been ages.
    Please not cantina I much rather even prefer guild shop them there. I have too much on my plate for cantina.
    Nodes:
    Anakin/IGD/GS/Lando
    Shipments
    HRSCOUT/Daka

GW would be the best option imo and my personal situation but I prefer him in GW or Guild Shop but no more cantina toons for a while pleaseee
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Ugh, you're right, waiting for things is so hard! Every day should be Christmas!

Then once I get all my pieces I can complain that I have nothing ot save towards. UGH!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Yeah i save for 25 salvage and it takes so long with dengar coming out i will never save that for a long time
  • Any new shipment addition needs to be in GW.

I'm placing top 10 in my guild on their 6 raids, and have never seen a crafted piece. This is ridiculous. The description for the rewards in top 10 says great chance or best chance to receive fully crafted gear. This is false.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    No one here is asking for it instantly. But it would be nice to be able to get more than 25 pieces of salavage a week
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Yeah i save for 25 salvage and it takes so long with dengar coming out i will never save that for a long time
    Then don't farm Dengar.

Games are about prioritizing and making choices. What will you value more--a piece of gear that can kick a character up another level? Or a new character? There isn't a wrong answer, there's just the answer that's right for you. Otherwise we aren't playing a game, we're just doing a very time-consuming math problem.
    No one here is asking for it instantly. But it would be nice to be able to get more than 25 pieces of salavage a week
    Two weeks for that one piece of gear that gates a character is nothing. Just be patient.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    I vote GW followed by Cantina
  • MilMuertes
    315 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @President_Scroob
    If you got everything you wanted instantly, you'd complain that you want more stuff. Enjoy the grind. Its an equal playing field.
    If you're not happy what you're getting in your guild, find one that better suits your needs.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Yeah i save for 25 salvage and it takes so long with dengar coming out i will never save that for a long time
    Then don't farm Dengar.

Games are about prioritizing and making choices. What will you value more--a piece of gear that can kick a character up another level? Or a new character? There isn't a wrong answer, there's just the answer that's right for you. Otherwise we aren't playing a game, we're just doing a very time-consuming math problem.
    Two weeks for that one piece of gear that gates a character is nothing. Just be patient.

I want to farm dengar
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Then don't farm Dengar.

I want to farm dengar

Then dont farm gear ? (assuming dengar will be added to the guild shop)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Then don't farm Dengar.

I want to farm dengar

Then dont farm gear ? (assuming dengar will be added to the guild shop)

Yes i will stop farming gear from there