GW Approach – Stop leveling top 5 characters

I changed my Galactic War approach a few weeks ago. In my first month playing, I never beat GW. I realized that finishing GW was more important than my arena rank since I’d never placed above rank #50 anyway. (The difference in rewards between rank 75 and rank 175 is hardly anything.) I would much rather have all the GW awards rather than a few extra arena rewards.

It seemed that the GW teams I faced were based on the power rating of my top five characters so I did something drastic – I stopped leveling my top 5 characters 2 weeks ago and I began leveling up all of my low level characters including the ones that nobody else likes. I have now completed 9 out of my last 10 Galactic Wars so it seems to be working.

The downside is I’ve slipped in arena but I still place between 100 & 200.....and I finish GW every day. So now instead of trying to get 5 characters to 7 stars, I’m trying to get 15 characters to 5 stars.

Replies

• Dark
    199 posts Member
    Nop, there are a lot of strats to beat GW, not leveling to max lvl affects missions completition and acces to high lvl nodes, shards and mats.
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Xziin
    24 posts Member
    Gw is not very hard with force close as soon as u lose someone just force close the app and restart the battle swap around heroes If It still goes bad Once i found about force close didnt lose a single gw and im still rank 10-20 in pvp
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    It's not necissarly not leveing your top five. Its leveling your top five and any healer you have. Then you can take your level 1s and bring them to 25 or something. It cost very little to do that compared to leveling a toon from 50 to 60
  • Xziin wrote: »
    Gw is not very hard with force close as soon as u lose someone just force close the app and restart the battle swap around heroes If It still goes bad Once i found about force close didnt lose a single gw and im still rank 10-20 in pvp

That's cheating shame on you
  • Mtwizard
    48 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Lidicrous
  • I've completed GW since the first day I unlocked it and I played since the first day of hard launch. I went along with the strategy of maxing out my top 5 characters whom I also use for arena so it's not impossible.
    Member of The New Rebellion
  • DarkHaven wrote: »
    I've completed GW since the first day I unlocked it and I played since the first day of hard launch. I went along with the strategy of maxing out my top 5 characters whom I also use for arena so it's not impossible.

I did the same. With a bit of patience and learning GW is mostly beatable. It will take some time, especially in the 50s, but there is no reason to toss your arena efforts out. I think anyone should have a favorable win/loss ratio in GW and it only gets easier as you go.

lmaooo....you must be not know about this...its all like this in every games similar like SWGOH....kids...
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    DarkHaven wrote: »
    I've completed GW since the first day I unlocked it and I played since the first day of hard launch. I went along with the strategy of maxing out my top 5 characters whom I also use for arena so it's not impossible.

I did the same. With a bit of patience and learning GW is mostly beatable. It will take some time, especially in the 50s, but there is no reason to toss your arena efforts out. I think anyone should have a favorable win/loss ratio in GW and it only gets easier as you go.

Agreed. Now that I'm winning GW every day, I'm able to get 15 shards a day for my favorite characters so it ultimately helps me in arena.
  • The best approach is actually to keep leveling your strongest team, but also having enough sacrificial lambs that you can throw in to eat some monster specials if necessary. After all their specials are on cooldown, send in your A-Team and wipe them.
  • The best approach, proven, is to know when to play. Or better yet, when NOT to play. Anither generous player @Pilot experienced that easier enemies happens when you AVOID playing the first 6 hiurs after a reset. That's when the SWGOH mega-fans and whales play. And you get to fight their teams. After weaker players play, you may figth their easier teams.

But hey, keep playing close to reset! Easier for me :-)
  • The best approach, proven, is to know when to play. Or better yet, when NOT to play. Anither generous player @Pilot experienced that easier enemies happens when you AVOID playing the first 6 hiurs after a reset. That's when the SWGOH mega-fans and whales play. And you get to fight their teams. After weaker players play, you may figth their easier teams.

I've had the opposite experience. My easiest/fastest GW clears have been right at reset.
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    What? :/ so yesterday I hit 60... Did GW with 5 people, no swaps, no restarts, 6 retreats.

Admittedly I only have 20k power (ahsoka has low power for same stars/gears as other people and my ewok elder is only just 4*) so maybe I get weaker teams but still, I saw all the big damage dealers (although no leia I saw got 4 attacks, at most is was 3 and that was not always, although if you dodge she doesn't get a chance for another it seems?).

I find this to be more efficient than purposefully not levelling my stronger (read; favourite to use) characters then having a larger roster full of weaker people to throw at it.

• Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    The best approach, proven, is to know when to play. Or better yet, when NOT to play. Anither generous player @Pilot experienced that easier enemies happens when you AVOID playing the first 6 hiurs after a reset. That's when the SWGOH mega-fans and whales play. And you get to fight their teams. After weaker players play, you may figth their easier teams.

I've had the opposite experience. My easiest/fastest GW clears have been right at reset.

Im guessing that it depends where you and everybody else on your server live. If you reset at 12 when everybody else resets at your 8 or something that would effectively be the same?
  • If any newbie is reading this post...do not follow the OP's advice.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Wispsi wrote: »
    The best approach, proven, is to know when to play. Or better yet, when NOT to play. Anither generous player @Pilot experienced that easier enemies happens when you AVOID playing the first 6 hiurs after a reset. That's when the SWGOH mega-fans and whales play. And you get to fight their teams. After weaker players play, you may figth their easier teams.

Im guessing that it depends where you and everybody else on your server live. If you reset at 12 when everybody else resets at your 8 or something that would effectively be the same?

I doubt there's any craziness going on with the selection of opponents. It most likely selects them by filtering random players +/- an approximate power level starting low and increasing each level. Some may seem harder than others, because as we all know power is not the end all be all. Synergy is at least as important, and some teams synergize better than others.

lmaooo....you must be not know about this...its all like this in every games similar like SWGOH....kids...

I know it is almost every game but it still don't change the fact that it is cheating. The intended use of a force close is if the game becomes non-responsive. I could tell you my Yahtzee with Buddies story it involves cheating grandmothers out of bonus rolls and cute collectable dice by force closing. Do you like cheating grandmothers? Do you?

I know it is almost every game but it still don't change the fact that it is cheating. The intended use of a force close is if the game becomes non-responsive. I could tell you my Yahtzee with Buddies story it involves cheating grandmothers out of bonus rolls and cute collectable dice by force closing. Do you like cheating grandmothers? Do you?

I will cheat your grandmother 100 times over to get cute collectable dice. Don't test me...
  • I still haven't been able to beat GW. Always last battle. And I've got very capable members. Just don't know why. Oh well only been maybe a week for GW.