Is it wrong that I just want to get Boba Fett?

2Next

Replies

• They so need to add bosk, dengar, and a few other notable bounty hunters! Would be a bounty hunter war party!
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • I have a 6* Boba with lvl 8 gear and I must say that he is realy weak. He does so little damage that your opponent can always leave him till last and then the revive doesn't really matter.

Even his leader ability is not worth using if you ask me. Let's say you have a team with an avarage crit rate of 30% (I don't think you can have such high avarage crit chance, but let's just assume it). In this case Boba's leader ability (at 50%) would only give a damage increase of 13% to your team.

Boba will be even weaker compared to other chars when the level cap is raised to 70 and other chars will be able to wear lvl 8 gear.

I'm currently working on Fives.

• Rutank
    409 posts Member
    yeah i invested a lot into boba but i don't see myself using him in arena. great backup in GW though and i have used him in arena but eh...idk i'd rather use vader or ig86.
  • I use boba as leader and my team crits hard. With 7 stars and his max gear atm he attacks for more than many attackers. His attack just doesn't have a real nice utility attached and requires a killing blow.
  • Breetai wrote: »
    Boba is great. Couple things a few didn't touch on

He can self rez. I was in a hard match in GW and won only because of boba self rez 3 times.
    His leader ability is great with the right build. I have a person that has him as leader, with qgj, Leia, sid and FOTP. This build pretty much one shots any character it chooses to. This is the only person in my bracket I have issues with beating, and his build wins about 75% of the time with ai using it. His qgj always goes first and kills one, then sid goes, I'll get in 2 attacks before FOTP kills my next character, followed by Leia killing someone. That's 3 characters dead to just my 2 or 3 attacks. It's brutal

Luckily we are in different time zones as he was s EST and I'm PST so someone always knocks him out which allows me to get 1st before my rewards.

We're in the same server then. I was annihilated the first time I faced this guy, but the next 3-4x the rng gods have blessed my old daka with game breaking stuns. Good thing fotp is slow. Only team where I ignore sid til last lol
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    Adorme wrote: »
    I have a 6* Boba with lvl 8 gear and I must say that he is realy weak. He does so little damage that your opponent can always leave him till last and then the revive doesn't really matter.

Even his leader ability is not worth using if you ask me. Let's say you have a team with an avarage crit rate of 30% (I don't think you can have such high avarage crit chance, but let's just assume it). In this case Boba's leader ability (at 50%) would only give a damage increase of 13% to your team.

Boba will be even weaker compared to other chars when the level cap is raised to 70 and other chars will be able to wear lvl 8 gear.

My only thing to say on this, average crit is not necessarily that important. Let's say you have a team with fotp and night sister initiate or ig86 or some other character with a high damage super high crit chance ability. Suddenly that 13% damage increase turns into an early kill. Does not matter if the other guys on your team don't have much crit chance even if you have a Poe or something, the characters who will benefit from it make up for that.
  • BlumpKing
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Always kill qgj first

He has low hp and low cooldowns. Don't want to be double attacked twice.. lol
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I have seen an screen shot in this forum with a player (I think it was WhipIt ) ranked #2 I'm an arena filled with purple 7*. So yeah, Boba is competitive in the right teams, even if it is not a staple cookie cutter like Sido or Lumi. If you Love the char from the móviles, go for him and don't look back

EDIT: about Boba at 70, we don't know abilities upgrades yet. Boba self resurrects. So his lack of HP might or might not be a concern, depending on self resurrection %
  • NINES wrote: »
    Dude. Its a game. You go get that Boba Fett. (I'm super close to getting him myself...cause, dude is cool).

This. Follow your heart.
  • Also...unless you spend a ton of money....don't worry about the 'current' meta. There is no way you can keep up with it, as the game is new and ever changing. Pick a team, try to have it synergize decently, and go for it. Otherwise you will be playing a game of catch up you just can't win.
  • I got him relatively early in a pack and frickin love him. Building my team around him (or my HK as I think a droid team would be cool). Currently 6* gear lvl7 (will be 8 when i go up next player lvl) and him and my HK 7* are the only constants in my arena team as they kick ****. Only issue is I need 3 more chars who can stay alive as long as them, always these two left at the end with over 50% health left. They can usually triumph as long as the opponent doesn't have too many guys left.

I'm thinking my next team might be poe to expose, bobba aoe to take advantage of all exposes and hopefully block any healers powers, HK can either aoe or target a specific char with his basic which does great damage with Boba's leadership. Hopefully by this point at least one enemy is nearly dead, and anakin can kill giving my team that offence boost. Any suggestions on a fifth with that stratergy?

His basic does good damage, he has awesome health and can revive, and his aoe is really useful for stopping heals at annoying times. Plus his leadership is very good for a high damage team. Only drawback is speed.
  • Thanks all. I have Boba to 15/80. Only 65 shards to go:)
  • Wispsi wrote: »
    I have a 6* Boba with lvl 8 gear and I must say that he is realy weak. He does so little damage that your opponent can always leave him till last and then the revive doesn't really matter.

My only thing to say on this, average crit is not necessarily that important. Let's say you have a team with fotp and night sister initiate or ig86 or some other character with a high damage super high crit chance ability. Suddenly that 13% damage increase turns into an early kill. Does not matter if the other guys on your team don't have much crit chance even if you have a Poe or something, the characters who will benefit from it make up for that.

You are absolutly right that burst damage on the right char is really important. But in my opinion Boba's hero power doesn't make up for his poor stats and abilities. You would be better of to get that extra burst dmg through Dooku's hero power. Dooku is a great char and his hero power makes it much more likly that your burst char will actually survive to do his first attack and will have offens up (50% bonus dmg).
  • I just pulled him from a bronzium
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I disagree with his detractors, I have him at 5*, soon to be 6* with level 7 gear and for my team he is amazing. His leadership ability is great for use with Luke who has critical hit bonuses, add that to Poggle's special which raises offense for 2 turns, and more often than not it results in Luke one shotting at least 1 opposition character per match. I just won an Arena match when it came down to Boba v 2 of the opposition (Barriss and Dooku) and he took them both out so I think he's worth farming and I for one will continue to do so. I say go for it!

I got lucky though, I had 79/80 shards needed to unlock him and I'd run out of energy and was going to wait a few hours to refresh and get the last shard, but before I did I opened a free bronzium pack and got 4* Boba and because it only takes 65 shards to upgrade him, I was immediately able to upgrade him to 5* and I already had 14 shards towards getting him to 6*
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Wispsi wrote: »

Bingo.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Wispsi wrote: »

You are absolutly right that burst damage on the right char is really important. But in my opinion Boba's hero power doesn't make up for his poor stats and abilities. You would be better of to get that extra burst dmg through Dooku's hero power. Dooku is a great char and his hero power makes it much more likly that your burst char will actually survive to do his first attack and will have offens up (50% bonus dmg).

Good point. But from a min/max damage point of view Dooku's leadership is based of a low % of activation. It's not reliable. Boba on the other hand is a constant team wide buff and a much higher % of activation (crit). You can depend on it. 50% crit damage at 70 when toons are hitting for 8k non crit becomes way more valuable than it seems now. But I absolutely see your point.
  • I have a lvl 60 Boba at 6* almost 7* and maxed at what I can at gear 8. I use him as my leader and have remained in the top 10 on my server for weeks. Often top 5. I like him. He's slow, but can do massive damage at high levels. He can also take a beating despite his lower health bar. I have no regrets farming him. Once I get him to 7* I'll start farming Daka.
  • I disagree with his detractors, I have him at 5*, soon to be 6* with level 7 gear and for my team he is amazing. His leadership ability is great for use with Luke who has critical hit bonuses, add that to Poggle's special which raises offense for 2 turns, and more often than not it results in Luke one shotting at least 1 opposition character per match. I just won an Arena match when it came down to Boba v 2 of the opposition (Barriss and Dooku) and he took them both out so I think he's worth farming and I for one will continue to do so. I say go for it!

I got lucky though, I had 79/80 shards needed to unlock him and I'd run out of energy and was going to wait a few hours to refresh and get the last shard, but before I did I opened a free bronzium pack and got 4* Boba and because it only takes 65 shards to upgrade him, I was immediately able to upgrade him to 5* and I already had 14 shards towards getting him to 6*

That's exactly what happened to me.
  • I have a lvl 60 Boba at 6* almost 7* and maxed at what I can at gear 8. I use him as my leader and have remained in the top 10 on my server for weeks. Often top 5. I like him. He's slow, but can do massive damage at high levels. He can also take a beating despite his lower health bar. I have no regrets farming him. Once I get him to 7* I'll start farming Daka.

Why did you revive a 20 day old thread...
  • I made Fett a priority when I started the game, before I knew anything about what the different characters can do. Once I got him I started farming Poe, who I just got to 5*.

This morning I got Fett up to Gear VII, and I am now going to farm him up to higher star levels.

He's a starter on my Arena and GW teams, and sometimes I put him in as a leader when Pharms gets too dinged up in later GW rounds.

I just love seeing him on my team. He is still, hands down, the coolest dude in the Galaxy. The Man With No Name in space.
  • It's wrong and you're making me feel dirty.
  • AoE crit team

Bobba (L)
    Ig88
    Poe/Han
    Poggle
    Lando

GG
  • I have boba 5* Gear 7. He's really good at level 60. Worth it. And more useful than daka imo.
  • I hear that he's mediocre and that the responsible thing is to get Daka (I just did) and then Fives or Poe. Sorry but I really just want a good reason to get Boba because he's the just too cool of a character. Come on guys, give me some reasons to go with Boba!:)

With boba fetts leader ability increasing crit damage, high crit characters like droids or first order tie pilot or Princess Leia take out opponents with one attack. Create the right team and with his chance at reviving he becomes a great character to have. Max him out and believe me he does some serious damage.
    Use him with Princess Leia to increase crit rate by double and Poogle the lesser to increase damage by double with and 2 speed characters for quick attacks like Dooku and sidious and you have one mean team. Have fun with that!