Time to check reddit

Replies

• Because it is related to some of the more recent posts, this is one of my all time favourite gifs:

BvIJ1M5.gif

Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Slots wrote: »
    MrGrips wrote: »
    Parad1sel wrote: »
    Asic wrote: »
    Banning is inappropriate and absolutely won't happen so stop causing unnecessary noise. Why would they ban paying customers. this wasn't individuals hacking or intentionally exploiting Vader- they hit a button in their inbox.

Maybe if they intentionally started a raid and finished it in the period it was glitched, but most probably just had been finishing regularly scheduled raids.

If all undeserved rewards were rolled back the issue would be resolved.

No. Those who did so excessively, more than 2 times, should be banned. They won't but they should be.

Most normal people would do it twice. Collect close window, huh new msg? Check, wth I just collected that, collect again assuming the first failed somehow, but after that anyone with common sense would have known there is a bug.

I think banning should only happen when they can't rollback the affected accounts. Yes they exploited the bug, but CG made it really easy for them to do so.

So if the crime is really easy to commit, it's ok? Let's say you go into a small town bank staffed by 2 people. 1 is having a seizure so the other is trying to help them, vault is open. If you decide to walk out with cash, they shouldn't arrest you but instead just take the money back?

Let's say you see two five year olds, somebody dropped some candy on the floor. The five year olds eat it, would you shoot them both in the face?

Moral of this story, please stop with the silly metaphors.

Ok heres not a silly metaphor, just a statement. I cant see a convincing argument for how someone can loot the raid 10+ times and not realize they were exploiting the game. Maybe you can. That person is violating game TOS and should be banned.

Recovering in game mail by not doing anything is not an exploit. Glitch in the system yes, but in order to exploit you have to put in effort to make the game do weird things. As far as I know, in game mail was just showing up randomly.

You could claim the same mail an infinite amount of times in 90 mins, obviously this wasn't intended and everyone who exploited this window of time knew it wasn't intended. You can argue "it's in the game so it's not an exploit" but that's exactly what an exploit is, an unintended way to cheat the system, no matter how simple.

Opening in game mail that you had no control of if or when you received this mail is not an exploit. It's simply opening up in game mail that you receive. It was a bug/glitch in the system. Blame the coders.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Seems EA is fretting too much over trying to discern whether people intended to cheat or didn't realize what they were doing. They'll never come up with a perfect system. Just pick a number of clicks...above that number equals ban, below that number equals removal of benefits plus suspension for X days. Then please move on to making the game better.
  • Harmonica wrote: »
    CronozNL wrote: »

I find this equally insulting. Not from you personally, I know you just googled it for the laugh but saying that R word is a synonym for childish, irrational, dull, senseless, fruitless and ill considered is quite insulting for some of the mentally handicapped.. if you think about it

I totally agree, but I believe that is the point of the image. The R word really isn't the word people are looking for. And yes, it is totally insulting to anyone that has a mental handicap.
    You know before I saw that picture I thought the R word you meant was refund. Am I alone in this lol? #saveourwhales
    #saveourocean

The "R" word everyone is looking for just got its own thread lmao. Better get there quick before it closes
  • Falcon6669 wrote: »
    Harmonica wrote: »

I find this equally insulting. Not from you personally, I know you just googled it for the laugh but saying that R word is a synonym for childish, irrational, dull, senseless, fruitless and ill considered is quite insulting for some of the mentally handicapped.. if you think about it

I totally agree, but I believe that is the point of the image. The R word really isn't the word people are looking for. And yes, it is totally insulting to anyone that has a mental handicap.
    You know before I saw that picture I thought the R word you meant was refund. Am I alone in this lol? #saveourwhales
    #saveourocean

The "R" word everyone is looking for just got its own thread lmao. Better get there quick before it closes

And it's GONE
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member
    Yeah I'm not touching that
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Banning is inappropriate and absolutely won't happen so stop causing unnecessary noise. Why would they ban paying customers. this wasn't individuals hacking or intentionally exploiting Vader- they hit a button in their inbox.

Maybe if they intentionally started a raid and finished it in the period it was glitched, but most probably just had been finishing regularly scheduled raids.

No. Those who did so excessively, more than 2 times, should be banned. They won't but they should be.

Most normal people would do it twice. Collect close window, huh new msg? Check, wth I just collected that, collect again assuming the first failed somehow, but after that anyone with common sense would have known there is a bug.

I think banning should only happen when they can't rollback the affected accounts. Yes they exploited the bug, but CG made it really easy for them to do so.

So if the crime is really easy to commit, it's ok? Let's say you go into a small town bank staffed by 2 people. 1 is having a seizure so the other is trying to help them, vault is open. If you decide to walk out with cash, they shouldn't arrest you but instead just take the money back?

Let's say you see two five year olds, somebody dropped some candy on the floor. The five year olds eat it, would you shoot them both in the face?

Ok heres not a silly metaphor, just a statement. I cant see a convincing argument for how someone can loot the raid 10+ times and not realize they were exploiting the game. Maybe you can. That person is violating game TOS and should be banned.

Recovering in game mail by not doing anything is not an exploit. Glitch in the system yes, but in order to exploit you have to put in effort to make the game do weird things. As far as I know, in game mail was just showing up randomly.

You could claim the same mail an infinite amount of times in 90 mins, obviously this wasn't intended and everyone who exploited this window of time knew it wasn't intended. You can argue "it's in the game so it's not an exploit" but that's exactly what an exploit is, an unintended way to cheat the system, no matter how simple.

Opening in game mail that you had no control of if or when you received this mail is not an exploit. It's simply opening up in game mail that you receive. It was a bug/glitch in the system. Blame the coders.

What about how IIRC you had to TRIGGER the mail to come again and again by going to a certain raids page.
  • Slots wrote: »

Tell your bank and the feds that next time the atm decides to continually spit out extra cash that you didn't request but decided to keep...
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited June 2016

StarSon wrote: »

But it was exploitative to keep clicking the button when you knew it was a glitch.

To exploit (as taken from Google, the second and third verb definitions):
    use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way.
    benefit unfairly from the work of (someone), typically by overworking or underpaying them.

• Harmonica wrote: »

#saveourocean

+1
  • A source of mine has Intel on a direct conversation between CG and Ea, listen in guys.

CG: Oh my god, there was a glitch in the system!! People are getting unlimited gear for nothing! What are we gonna do?!? What should we do? Should we give out 500 crystals?
    EA: Lol no. Calm down, just suspend the accounts, roll back the gear, and tell them we'll fix everything. They'll totally buy that.
    CG: But we might not be able to take away all the items!!!
    EA: YOU WHAT?!? Listen here, you better fix this, people will be asking for refunds, and we don't do refunds.
    CG: okay.. someone call Jesse, tell him we'll try to fix this. But what if we can't rollback the gear?
    EA: Then we'll roll back your game you fools. :|
  • A source of mine has Intel on a direct conversation between CG and Ea, listen in guys.

CG: Oh my god, there was a glitch in the system!! People are getting unlimited gear for nothing! What are we gonna do?!? What should we do? Should we give out 500 crystals?
    EA: Lol no. Calm down, just suspend the accounts, roll back the gear, and tell them we'll fix everything. They'll totally buy that.
    EA: YOU WHAT?!? Listen here, you better fix this, people will be asking for refunds, and we don't do refunds.
    CG: okay.. someone call Jesse, tell him we'll try to fix this. But what if we can't rollback the gear?

Lmfao
  • I'm going to add some high dollar spender insight here with numbers. This is why some of us are ticked.

Say they finished 6th, got 6th rewards and a full craft, did it 100 times, 50 million creds, 100 raid gears full, 93,000 guild currency, 700 Han shards.

Creds. I'll round up on both you get 600k for 600 Crystals. Each Cred buy that gets the 600k costs $5. I need to buy 84 of them, $420, Over $500 if you factor in the tax charges. So I need to drop $500 in creds just to come even to them.

Gear. So I refresh in hopes of that raid gear to the tune of, we can round it down to 2,800 for numbers sake. I go through 900. That is $20 in crystals. If I actually get one(not even every other day) It costs another $10 in Crystals. Now lets say I get 1 each day that is $30/day I need 100 days to get even with them. $3,000 and 100 days used.

So now here I am someone who has already spent many thousands of dollars more than I'll admit publicly,lol, on this game I'd have to spend $3,500 and wait 100 days just to come to even with those who exploited this glitch, and that is only on gear and creds. Not counting the guild coins for guild store and Han. Their 90 minute window would cost me, a heavy spender $3,500 and 100 days just to catch up on 2 of the 4 things they got.

That is why I, and likely many other heavy spenders are so upset. Just to give perspective.

This is why, for me, a vault would be not even beginning to scratch the surface if they were sending apology gifts, unless the vault came after exploiters were banned. Being the type of player I am I know roughly the dollar amount they got in this exploit.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Yeah, let's stop discussion of moderation. :|
    I am sorry if we missed violations, feel free to report them. We are really doing our best.

We should not have to WORK to keep a thread open, but we are, we understand the need for people to discuss things, this is a pretty hot topic.

Please try to stay within the forum guidelines.

I would appreciate my account restored and an apology. All I did was start a thread about this EXACT same topic.
  • senkoujin
    187 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The exploit is due to bad programming on the dev's part; people took advantage of it. To track and reverse all actions done by suspected player(s), the devs would need to create a very complex algorithm that loops through all players' data tables to grab and compare data....I can't even fathom the madness that is this algorithm. Time stamps would have to be evaluated, star counts, frequency of inbox claims, time of claims, etc....and since random raid items were given each time, they'd have ensure that the algorithm can check and compare particular item counts that increased or decreased at what time stamps....it'd be a nightmare, really.

...so I don't see them reversing all "guilty" actions of suspected people. A rollback (to stats/inventory before the 90min window) or a 1~2 Gear Lvl drop per upgraded toon (gears would be removed + all gears associated with those Gear Lvls would be reduced to 0 [all empty slots + 0 of those particular gears] + a credit reduction based on how many toons' Gear Lvls dropped) could suffice.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    A source of mine has Intel on a direct conversation between CG and Ea, listen in guys.

LOL your inside info conversation posts are always the best
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    I hope they remove all of the extra stuff that was exploited. As a heavy spender if this is allowed to stand than I'm going to have to stop buying into new characters and gear and just become free to play.

Hope you guys can fix this!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • I'm reasonable, I'd be willing to settle for a measly Every character unlocked, max leveled, 7*, max gear. That doesn't seem like much to ask
  • o
  • Take all the extra stuff that everyone got, add it all up and give the people who didn't glitch everything that you just added up. Seems fair lol
  • dbraba01
    268 posts Member
    I'm going to add some high dollar spender insight here with numbers. This is why some of us are ticked.

Say they finished 6th, got 6th rewards and a full craft, did it 100 times, 50 million creds, 100 raid gears full, 93,000 guild currency, 700 Han shards.

Creds. I'll round up on both you get 600k for 600 Crystals. Each Cred buy that gets the 600k costs $5. I need to buy 84 of them, $420, Over $500 if you factor in the tax charges. So I need to drop $500 in creds just to come even to them.

Gear. So I refresh in hopes of that raid gear to the tune of, we can round it down to 2,800 for numbers sake. I go through 900. That is $20 in crystals. If I actually get one(not even every other day) It costs another $10 in Crystals. Now lets say I get 1 each day that is $30/day I need 100 days to get even with them. $3,000 and 100 days used.

So now here I am someone who has already spent many thousands of dollars more than I'll admit publicly,lol, on this game I'd have to spend $3,500 and wait 100 days just to come to even with those who exploited this glitch, and that is only on gear and creds. Not counting the guild coins for guild store and Han. Their 90 minute window would cost me, a heavy spender $3,500 and 100 days just to catch up on 2 of the 4 things they got.

That is why I, and likely many other heavy spenders are so upset. Just to give perspective.

This is why, for me, a vault would be not even beginning to scratch the surface if they were sending apology gifts, unless the vault came after exploiters were banned. Being the type of player I am I know roughly the dollar amount they got in this exploit.

I am in the same boat and have been bouncing around between Google and EA/CG for r-answers. I haven't been successful yet.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Bearmace wrote: »

Tell your bank and the feds that next time the atm decides to continually spit out extra cash that you didn't request but decided to keep...

Did you just relate in game pixels to cash in an ATM? Hum ok. And those ATMs have fail safes for that not to happen. Again blame the coders.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member

Did you just relate in game pixels to cash in an ATM? Hum ok. And those ATMs have fail safes for that not to happen. Again blame the coders.

Doesn't matter who is to blame, the TOS clearly forbids exploiting bugs. This is a simple matter. Doesn't matter what everyone "thinks"
  • dbraba01 wrote: »
    I'm going to add some high dollar spender insight here with numbers. This is why some of us are ticked.

I am in the same boat and have been bouncing around between Google and EA/CG for r-answers. I haven't been successful yet.

I'd like to be a mouse in the corner listening to conversations between Google and EA lol
  • Slots
    72 posts Member

But it was exploitative to keep clicking the button when you knew it was a glitch.

To exploit (as taken from Google, the second and third verb definitions):
    use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way.
    benefit unfairly from the work of (someone), typically by overworking or underpaying them.

There is more to that definition FYI. It gives an example of a business using a LEGAL loophole aka someone messed up the writing or in this case the coding and people benefitted either knowingly or ignorantly. Again coders fault.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member

But if an Atm did that, IF it did, would you take the money?
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Or go to Reddit given it seems the preferred place for developers to provide quality information
  • Slots
    72 posts Member

I don't really feel bad for people who have no self control or a dumb amount of spending money for an app game. Especially a ea product. Every game from them has DLCs that really should of come with the game to begin with. It's all a cash grab.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member

There is no comparison on real money controlled by banks to video game pixels.

And no I would not. That's just me. But you know a lot of people would. But again there are fail safes for that not to happen because it is real money.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member

There is no comparison on real money controlled by banks to video game pixels.

And no I would not. That's just me. But you know a lot of people would. But again there are fail safes for that not to happen because it is real money.

Man this IS real money. Just because its digital doesnt mean it doesnt have value. Is it ok to steal music and movies and pirate games? People pay money for what those exploiters stole.
This discussion has been closed.