Game of Thrones Spoiler Discussion

Replies

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    DrQuasar wrote: »
    Jman1701 wrote: »
    Calling it now:
    1. Jon and Danaraeys hook up and run kingdom....Cerci's folks get's power bombed by dragons and Jamie kills her.

The idea that Jaime might have to kill Cercei for the same reason he killed the Mad King is very compelling.
    I like it, but it would be so much more satisfying if Arya's the one to do it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    DrQuasar wrote: »
    Jman1701 wrote: »
    Calling it now:
    1. Jon and Danaraeys hook up and run kingdom....Cerci's folks get's power bombed by dragons and Jamie kills her.

The idea that Jaime might have to kill Cercei for the same reason he killed the Mad King is very compelling.
    I like it, but it would be so much more satisfying if Arya's the one to do it.

I'd prefer if two of the dragons ripped her in half. Or if a whitewalker got ahold of her.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    With Snow being both a Stark and Targaryen - he has the best claim of the Throne, but maybe not the North, considering he is the product of Ned's sister and is not actually Ned's son, bas.tar.d or not.

But will the mother of dragons give away her perceived right to rule? The bloodline of the Targaryen does favour Snow, but he was also a bas.tar.d Targaryen and may not have any claim at all.

In any event - will Daenerys join forces with Snow or will they be enemies? Will snow have the power over one of her dragons?

Is there a third secret Targaryen we do not know about who could ride the 3rd dragon??
  • I bet some tension arises between Sansa and Jon snow. And I think Jon loses the North over this
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I bet some tension arises between Sansa and Jon snow. And I think Jon loses the North over this

I've thought about this too
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Im not to crazy about the increased prominence of "fate" in the story. Everything is culminating to an increasingly predictable climax which ruins some of the tension for me.

For example: we know jon, dondarrion, and clegane have some divine purpose so they are completely immune until they fulfill that purpose (that purpose being some blow against the white walkers)
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Im not to crazy about the increased prominence of "fate" in the story. Everything is culminating to an increasingly predictable climax which ruins some of the tension for me.

For example: we know jon, dondarrion, and clegane have some divine purpose so they are completely immune until they fulfill that purpose (that purpose being some blow against the white walkers)

Or they are just setting you up for Clegane's death. I foresee Clegane dying in the hot maw of dragon fire.

And Dondarrion does not seem very central to me. Easily expendable
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

Or they are just setting you up for Clegane's death. I foresee Clegane dying in the hot maw of dragon fire.

Those characters are being kept alive by the Lord of Light for an unknown purpose
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member

Those characters are being kept alive by the Lord of Light for an unknown purpose

The Lord of Light wants the CleganeBowl.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • How come Varys can teleport?

Wait what?
    Must have missed it, when did he teleport
  • Jman1701 wrote: »
    Calling it now:
    2. Jamie takes over Nightwatch...instrumental in defeating white walkers.
    3. Sansa ends up being the Stark of Winterfell when Jon heads out with Dany. Hopefully she feeds Littlefinger to Tormund.
    4. CLEGANBOWL!
    5. Brienne becomes chief butt kicker for Sansa
    6. Arya crosses off a ton of names off the list before Jaquen finds her. Either says you "congrats you passed" or kills her.

I think John will end up with Danyarys for two reasons:
    1. A raven from Samwell telling him of the obsidian at dragon stone.
    2. The rift between he and Sansa grows. Little finger told Sansa he wants the iron throne and her as his queen. She is playing coy and will slowly make him think he's winning her over. But she really wants to be Cersi. She will use little finger to that end. The ultimate wedge driving Jon to dragon stone will be, the knowledge Bran has regarding Jon's targarean blood. Little finger will discover this since bran just returned to the wall.

Jamie isn't defeating the white walkers however, that will be Jon and Dany. Fire breathing dragons and unlimited obsidian under dragonstone castle

Sansa will become the leader of the north, but that is just a stop along the way. She is now too drawn to the game and sees little finger as her means to get there. She will use him.

Of course Brienne will she pledged her sword to Sansa already.

Arya kills Cersi, and the hound, and everyone on her list.

• Tman
    257 posts Member
    What's game of thrones?
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Tman wrote: »
    What's game of thrones?

a pretty good book
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    BeatsByRey wrote: »
    How come Varys can teleport?

Wait what?

He was shown in Dorne in one scene, then back with Dany on her ships in the next. I guess people wanted subtitles saying "1 month later" or something.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Tman wrote: »
    What's game of thrones?

A rip-off of
    7802a299cfc3a951fd46cc86a374f619b62b7a2c_hq.jpg
  • BeatsByRey
    74 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    BeatsByRey wrote: »
    How come Varys can teleport?

Wait what?

He was shown in Dorne in one scene, then back with Dany on her ships in the next. I guess people wanted subtitles saying "1 month later" or something.

Dorne is in southern westeros directly west of Mereen. Dany and her army sailed straight west from Mereen to Dorne. When we see them sailin the narrow sea after Varys has talked with Olenna and the sand snakes, they aren't coming from Mereen. They are sailing from dorne to dragonstone.

Presumably they stopped to pick him up there after his expedition to recruit the Tyrell's and the Martells. He definitely sailed there ahead of Dany and Co. As he and Tyrion discuss his "secret expedition" in season six episode 8.
  • Arya Stark and a pack of dire wolves vs Westeros...who wins?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Arya Stark and a pack of dire wolves vs Westeros...who wins?

Speaking of Direwolves, we haven't seen Ghost in a while.
  • BeatsByRey
    74 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Arya Stark and a pack of dire wolves vs Westeros...who wins?

Ditka!
  • Can it be GoT already
  • Jon Snow gonna ride a dragon #bookit
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Jon Snow gonna ride a dragon #bookit

One for Jon, one for Dany, and one for Tyrion!
  • I had no idea so many starwars fans are GOT fans.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I had no idea so many starwars fans are GOT fans.

Well millions of people fall under both. They're not exactly niche groups
  • Winter is coming!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Winter is coming!

Its been here a while
  • Wow. Unreal episode
  • Wow. Unreal episode

Amazing! Dany riding her Dragon above charging Dothraki might be my new favorite shot. And we got more Bronn!!!!
  • Who bailed Jamie out at the end? Bronn or Edmure?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Who bailed Jamie out at the end? Bronn or Edmure?

Edmure? You mean dickon?

Also, it was bronn. After he dodges drogon's fire, theres a shot of him looking at the horse he rides to save jaime.