What are your top chars in the game? Poll

Who do you think make up the best 5 chars in the game? I've done this with a few other games so I'll do this one since it's my new addiction. Will post results in a week, 2 weeks max.
Rules-
1.Keep it simple
I will likely be going though many of these so stick to this example...
1.Ewok elder
2.Chewie
3.Jawa
4.Luke sky
5.Yoda (This is an obvious example. If this is your t5 then ur comment will be ignored :P) if you would like to include a brief comment for the reason behind your #1, you may. I might include some of this in the results.

2.Not your favorite squad of 5!
This isn't your favorite team. It's your opinion as to which chars are most powerful/versatile/supportive/etc... on an individual basis.

3.Not for any particular game mode.
This isn't specifically for galactic war or pvp or whatever. Just overall throughout the game. Obviously certain chars are better for specific things.

4.Advanced players only.
If your favorite is Chewie cuz he's your only 3* then your opinion might not be as valuable as others atm. Not hating!!! I'm not at lvl 60 or anything, it's just atm u will probably benefit more from the results of this list. You might be in a better position for next time I do this. So only comment if you have unlocked and played with a large amount of the chars in the game.

5.Not your real life favorite. In-game only.
Just cuz u like ewoks in the movies?

6.Did I mention brief?
I would prefer this to give me as few headaches as possible. Thank you in advance.

I think that this list will be very beneficial and informative. I might very well try to do this every month or two as the game will obviously change. (New chars, nerfs, buffs, patches...) Having the meta change is a big part to the longevity and fun of a game (mainly cuz it makes them more money lol)
Looking forward to your comments!!!

Replies

• Kr4itok_
    269 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    1. Ewok Elder - arguably the best heal in the game, best rez, fast, great in all game modes
    2. Phasma - synergy with multiple types of teams, tanky, all abilities are good
    3. FOTP - strongest single target damage in the game, enough said
    4. Poe - fastest and best taunt in the game, tanky enough, fits well in almost any comp and game mode
    5. Qui Gon Jin - fast, good damage, good utility, and one of the better leader skills for Jedi centric teams
    Post edited by Kr4itok_ on
  • 1. Phasma - great control abilities and turn meter boost. Her attack is decent while under advantage. Works as a leader with several builds.
    2. Sid - easy to farm/gear. Fits in almost any team as a leader. Hits pretty hard and can keep enemy teams taking damage behind a tank. Also helps to counter the remnants of the Jedi teams.
    3. Poe - great speed for a tank, allowing for heroes like FOTP and leia to put out a bunch of damage in the first few turns. Relatively easy to farm. Slightly lower health is offset by high tenacity. Well rounded hero. Always a good use for his fast taunt and on occasion his expose will end a match early.
    4. Luminara - relatively fast healer and major damage dealer when maxed out. Her speed is enough to allow her to deal a huge blast that can half a lot of heroes' health before her heals are needed. Great leadership ability, especially when paired with Jedi.
    5. Poggle - huge damage buff helps a ton of builds and fits in well in many teams. When paired with a droid team he is a force to be reckoned with.

It's tough to pick 5 and I wanted to include FOTP but he just loses based on availability. I like relatively accessible heroes.
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    1. Qui Gon - Ultimately the best character in the game at 7*s. Good damage, great speed, amazing 100% chance assist, unnecessary purge ability, and a jedi speed leader skill...yeah. Good luck.
    2. FOTP - OP
    3. Leia - Bugged and busted. Great buffs and insane damage capability.
    4. Luminara - Best healer in the game. 100% AB. Consistent damage.
    5. Kylo - Fantastic swiss army knife character that's a good fit in almost every team.
    Post edited by Elyndria on
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    edited January 2016
    These are the players I have had the most success with so far, in no order

Luminara - High damage with arguably the best heal in the game, especially with jedi-heavy teams. A must have really, especially with how easy she is to get.

Qui-Gon Jinn - Once you level up his abilities and gear, that's when QGJ starts to shine. Can effect the game from start to finish with a slew of attacks, even more-so when he is the leader of a bunch of jedi

Aayla Secura - Swiss army knife attacker. High damage, self healer, sorta a group healer, can call for assists from basic attack, can counter.

Darth Sidious - Awesome leader ability, strong attacks with benefits. Self healer, and quick as hell.

Princess Leia - Strong attacks, with a chance to knock someone out in one round. Ability to self heal, go stealth, gain offense up, and critical chance up the whole team. Can fit into any lineup. Even if you think she is glitched, she is still very much a gamechanger without it.

Rey - I used her Leverage hit today for 22.5k damage as a 5* gear VII. Just a massive amount of damage from all three attacks. Her health isn't an asset, but she can pick up foresight from her first two attacks, which is a guaranteed dodge.

Darth Vader - Maybe not quite now, but when he starts to level up, I think Vader will be a very strong player. That saber throw is awesome.

I'm very interested in trying out Ewok Elder leveled up as my healer/debuffer/reviver
  • If we do not account for availability

1. Luminara - Best heal skill in the game, powerful attacks, decent speed and health. Arguable the top hero
    2. Aayla Secura - A basic attack Assist. A strong self heal. A counter. A stun on crit. Will work in any team unlike Qui gon.
    3. Rey - Insane damage dealer, more so than FOTP and does not have his speed and health issues.
    4. Poe - Best tank in the game. Practically immune to any debuff
  • Elyndria
    482 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    meanpride wrote: »
    3. Rey - Insane damage dealer, more so than FOTP and does not have his speed and health issues.
    FOTP doesn't have health issues... 10.5k at 60 7*.

Rey has her damage weakened drastically by debuffs, which are extremely common right now. She's easy to play around unlike FOTP. Also her basic attack (also her assist attack) is nowhere near as good as FOTP. Her abilities are her damage dealers, which can also be played around :)
  • shh_hut_yuh_muh
    106 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    1. Fives - great tank with sick health and armour, speed down with basic attack which annoys anyone and decent damage for a tank
    2. Ackbar - amazing for teams using Vader and Sid with the AOE with his healing/ally debuff removal getting rid of all damage over time
    3. Luminara - need I explain? Mad damage, heal over time is a lifesaver, easy as to farm, just quality
    4. Phasma - favourite leader ability, especially with heroes with assists like Fives and bonus attacks like Dooku or Kit Fisto
    5. Darth Maul - haven't actually got him but hate coming up against him; amazing against almost every team with getting rid of Luminara early, good damage even against non-Jedi, only downfall is low health

Honourable mentions to Old Ben for the annoying offense down and dishonourable to Sid because everyone uses him, and Dooku because I cannot stand his counters/bonus attacks/stun/ability block
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • meanpride
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Elyndria wrote: »
    meanpride wrote: »
    FOTP doesn't have health issues... 10.5k at 60 7*.

Rey has her damage weakened drastically by debuffs, which are extremely common right now. She's easy to play around unlike FOTP. Also her basic attack (also her assist attack) is nowhere near as good as FOTP. Her abilities are her damage dealers, which can also be played around :)

I've seen a 4* Rey one shot my 7* Luminara with Flurry of Blows. Its ridiculous. And she is fast enough to avoid the first wave of debuffs, apart from Sid and Dooku

FOTP is powerful yes, but unless there is a Poe to guard him, usually gets focused fired before he even gets a turn.