Arena Diversity... There is none...

The Arena is literal insanity. Beating the same team over and over.

Every team is:
Ben/Dooku/Phasma
3 of Rey/GS/QGJ/Leia
RG

There is no diversity at all. The empire toons are so weak they aren't viable. Same with Nightsisters, Ewoks, Droids(Tried to make a run but couldn't cut it).

Two of the most used Characters in the arena are Genosian Soldier? and Royal Gaurd?
Well and Rey/Leia.

The RG mechanic has broken the arena. Now you have to have one to hold any sort of position as 90% or more of players have him. So the Arena revolves around having RG or dealing with RG.

Interjecting a few Premium characters only helps a select few. I for example don't mind paying some money to play this game, I can't invest $100's just to unlock one new character. I would however drop $20 to max one.

You need to fix the RG overuse to promote some variance in the Arena.

Replies

• Options
    Basically the game kinda forces you to farm certain characters in order to compete. These are the tried and true char that you posted. EA is actually doing something about this. They are creating multiple events where we need other chars than the current meta to win. Thus people start farming and developing those chars and then test them and find new synergies. Thus a new meta arrives. Currently I have seen ewok team, droid teams, clone team and jedi teams in my top 30. 3 of top 10 arnt running dooku/phasma/ben leads. Dengar is f2p so he will make an impact. His tenacity down opens up several possibilities. We will start seeing 7* Han and Vader soon as well. If they reopen Ayala, she will start showing up more as well.

Be patient. The new meta will arrive fairly soon.
  • Chaxis
    40 posts Member
    Options
    It would be an idea to design different types of arenas so those chars that you would never ever use in the arena now could have a chance to make an appearance.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    It's not an overuse of RG that the problem comes from, it comes from an OP Rey who relies on RG to stay alive more than 1 round. Sure RG is still a big roadblock, but not nearly as much when Rey is on the team. The combo is too much.
  • Old_Scott
    217 posts Member
    Options
    It's not an overuse of RG that the problem comes from, it comes from an OP Rey who relies on RG to stay alive more than 1 round. Sure RG is still a big roadblock, but not nearly as much when Rey is on the team. The combo is too much.

Not with Anakin. I just raised his basic to omega and he has a 70% buff immunity. Now, I hit RG in the first round and I am free to attack Rey to my heart's content. And, in the event Anakin doesn't land it, QGJ is there as a backup. Now, I can (usually) attack two DPS characters before having to tackle RG. And, on a related note, I can't tell you how satisfying it is to land a buff immunity on STH, watch him taunt and wave, and then nothing happens.

Gotta love Anakin.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    great, so now we need another single character to fill a small niche because of Rey + RG. That is a band-aid, not a fix. This game has been band-aided into oblivion already. Making one new character in response to a mechanics problem is the worst thing to do, and the one thing they the Dev's just keep doing.
  • Options
    here's an idea since a new modding system is being introduced what if it potentially had the power to change the equipment that units could bring into battle changing the abilities they have
    so even if you are constantly fighting the same people, each fight has the potential to be different
    for instance if say the clone sergeant brought a sniper rifle instead of a minigun he could do more critical damage but lose the AoE attack and other things like that
    obviously this would take some work to get right but it would definitely make arena battles more interesting as having different skills could make currently unusable characters somewhat viable
  • Options
    Everyone is just farming Rey and RG now. thats the point in having all those different characters? Couple this with Rey's AI controlled 100% dodge, and 1 hit 1 kill attacks, any team with her in is practically unbeatable.
  • Options
    TommoK1311 wrote: »
    Everyone is just farming Rey and RG now. thats the point in having all those different characters? Couple this with Rey's AI controlled 100% dodge, and 1 hit 1 kill attacks, any team with her in is practically unbeatable.

"Practically unbeatable" is a bit of a stretch, there are quite a few strategies that can easily get rid of Rey or any character hiding behind a Royal Guard. I will agree that the dodge mechanic needs some developer love (mostly just so we get some arena diversity), but then everyone who spent ages grinding Obi and Dooku will have something to whine about. Considering they are more prominent, just remember EA in general believes money > quality/balance.
  • Options
    Welcome new mod system!!!

Thought Rey hit hard before? Just wait till they start maxing her dmg and speed, probably boosted Tenacity to help avoid debuffs too. Now she'll be hiding behind 100k HP/Prot RG's and dish out 2x her damage. 1 shot? Nah, 1/2 shot more like it.
  • Options
    Agreed, with the insane stats added by Mods, RG can't be killed, Rey can 1 shot a Gear 10 char with protection now. Not only that but they can get rey up to huge HP/Protection as well.

Arena team of the future. RG fully modded, Rey fully modded, Who really cares, because it doesn't matter, you are already dead.
  • Options
    Rey, RG and Daka in combination is a crutch and should be adjusted. Mods will only tip the game further out of balance. This whole game is getting tiresome.
  • Options
    Mods are just another way for the game to grab money. Anyone who throws money at this game to win will throw more to stay on top.

It's just pathetic. This game was great when it started. Lots of characters to work towards and reasonably well balanced. But now with the utterly ridiculous dodge, the 100% counter attack cheats and mods, why bother?
  • Options
    TommoK1311 wrote: »
    Mods are just another way for the game to grab money. Anyone who throws money at this game to win will throw more to stay on top.

Welcome to capitalism buddy.
  • Options
    The whole arena looks like a cookie cutter model. I agree, no diversity. I used an Ewok/Barris/RG combo that I would win through strategy and timing, not just push button op glass cannons (now built like tanks/artillery thanks to mods)