G10 Rey or G9 someone else

KelEl85
158 posts Member
I've got Rey at G9. QGJ will get G9 today (need 2 stun cuff salvage). I have a bunch of other toons at G8 (Lumi, SThan, RG, GS, Phasma, Mace, JC, Daka) and some I'm working on gearing, some at G7 already (Teebo, 86, Yoda, Ahsoka, AA, Lando, Chewie, OB). My guild is running T6 raids and finishes them in about 4 days. I usually rank in top 10 of the guild on raids. I've been struggling to get back into top 5 in arena as it seems that a large portion of my shard has upgraded in the last week and everyone is using a OB lead or a SThan/RG 2 taunt team. My arena team is generally Rey, GS, QGJ and then I've been playing around with Phasma or Lumi lead, RG, Sthan as 5th or even 4th and 5th with Han lead. My Rg is still at 5* as i haven't unlocked his Cantina mission yet (level 76 currently).

So now that you have a general idea of my team and current capabilities, the question:
I have enough fragments for another furnace. Would i be better off using it on one of my g8 toons, saving it for one of my up and coming toons, or using it on Rey to get her to g10? (i would still need some more nubian tech salvage but could probably have those inside a week from shipment purchases of lucky raid drops)

I appreciate any advice on what would be the overall best option for me. Thanks

Replies

• Rey. The answer is always Rey.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Rey. The answer is always Rey.

I gave that same advice to someone in my guild this morning about who to spend his first furnace on. I wasn't sure if a g10 rey would be better than another g9 toon though.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Rey.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Rey. The answer is always Rey.

• My G10, omega rey can do over 10K damage with her basic. She can regularly OHK lower level GW toons. Rey. Always Rey.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Rey gains 12 speed at G10. That alone is worth giving it to her imo.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    So it seems the consensus is rey (as it always is). I just realized another issue though: Can't use the nubian tech until she hits level 79, which is probably 2 weeks away, minimum. I guess I'll hang onto the furnace for now and see if i can hold out until i reach level 79.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Thanks for all the advice
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    CUP
  • Rey for sure
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Since you don't have St Han or RG (and i assume no Sun Fac) at gear 9 or higher you are going to have problems in Arena whether you have gear 10 Rey or not. Gear 9 Rey is fine if you have her, i would focus on Han next if i were you.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Alexone wrote: »
    Since you don't have St Han or RG (and i assume no Sun Fac) at gear 9 or higher you are going to have problems in Arena whether you have gear 10 Rey or not. Gear 9 Rey is fine if you have her, i would focus on Han next if i were you.

Interesting, a dissenting opinion. Since Rey is 2-3 weeks out from being G10able maybe a G9 han would help me more in the short term. Maybe in that time i will have another furnace ready to go.

With the OB meta though i have found han to be more and more disappointing. If Qgj hasn't used his dispel on someone else (reys foresight for example) by the time Hans turn comes around, i don't use taunt obviously. Then OB uses his mind trick and inflicts ability block on han, or RG stuns han, and i lose. Not quite sure how to deal with that (which happens a lot), so I'm reluctant to give han the furnace. Any tips to use han better to make him worthy of the furnace?
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member

@KelEl85
    Just be warned, without a g10 rey you will not have the speed increase. Their rey will always move first and that may mean YOUR rey is put to yellow/red on turn 1.

If you're fine with that possibility, go for it.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Rey. Without a doubt.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    I have Han at gear 11 and he actually gets a speed boost (at gear 10 i think). Coupled with Qgj and GS, there is a high chance he will get called to assist, gain TM and go before the other Han. But Old Ben teams seem to be in the past for my shard...even if Han taunts in the next round after Old Ben ability block goes away it's still fine, doesn't trouble me much. He performs really well in raids too. He takes TM even if he is not taunted if it's his turn, a solid solid toon all around. I like him much better than RG currently. Only problematic teams in offense for him are of course, JE+droids team.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Toukai wrote: »

@KelEl85
    Just be warned, without a g10 rey you will not have the speed increase. Their rey will always move first and that may mean YOUR rey is put to yellow/red on turn 1.

If you're fine with that possibility, go for it.

I have gear 10 Rey but i used gear 9 Rey for quite some time. I think a taunter adds much more value to the team than a gear 10 Rey. Still, gear 9 Han might be too little depending on his shard but i would go for him.
  • KelEl85 wrote: »

Interesting, a dissenting opinion. Since Rey is 2-3 weeks out from being G10able maybe a G9 han would help me more in the short term. Maybe in that time i will have another furnace ready to go.

With the OB meta though i have found han to be more and more disappointing. If Qgj hasn't used his dispel on someone else (reys foresight for example) by the time Hans turn comes around, i don't use taunt obviously. Then OB uses his mind trick and inflicts ability block on han, or RG stuns han, and i lose. Not quite sure how to deal with that (which happens a lot), so I'm reluctant to give han the furnace. Any tips to use han better to make him worthy of the furnace?

You find Han dissapointing because he isn't gear 9. He dies too quickly, same with RG. Both need to be at least 9 to pose any threat at all, but g10 is preferable for Han
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Ok. Well based on all the advice I think its StHan. I can g9 him now while Rey will take a few more weeks. In that time I think I'd miss out on a lot of free crystals from Arena because I can't keep up. Can't afford to wait on Rey when Han can help me now. Hopefully, I'll have another furnace ready to go in 3 weeks for Rey and can have the best of both worlds.

Thanks again for all the help. Feel free to leave any other comments if anyone has anything else to add