Raid Reward Exploit Discussion Announcement - Comments\Questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Prev13456710
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited June 2016
EA_Jesse wrote: »
Hey Everyone,

Let’s take a minute to discuss the recent exploit where a number of players were able to obtain additional Raid rewards.

On Thursday, June 23rd, 1,271 players took advantage of an exploit that allowed them to claim Raid rewards three or more times in a 90 minute window during a server glitch. The majority of these players are having their accounts suspended as we remove the additional rewards they obtained, while the most egregious offenders are being permanently banned. We are not planning on taking action on the ones who only did it a second time (which is 3,863). Why? Because we think those were a legitimate mistake. Whereas three or more times is being viewed as an exploit. It is subjective, but that’s where we’re drawing the line.

We will be taking the following actions against accounts that claimed multiple Raid rewards:
  • Accounts that received multiple rewards suspended - You will still see them in game and it will appear as though they’ve kept everything, but they aren’t actually playing the game, they’re locked out. Players who claimed the extra rewards a small number of times aren’t suspended currently, but will be and will have their items removed once the bigger exploiters are taken care of first.
  • Extra rewards will be removed - While it is true that we can’t as easily take back credits or gear that have been spent, what we can do is lower certain things down. Example: if someone took all of their extra credits and gear and applied them to Royal Guard, we are taking away ALL gear from that Royal Guard and bumping them back down to 2 stars.
  • Additional Han Solo shards will be removed - Those Han Solo characters received from the extra Raid rewards you see floating around will be removed, although they’ll still be visible on suspended accounts. We will be removing the shards that were acquired through the extra rewards and lowering Han back down to 5 star for those that already had him unlocked, including all gear that was equipped on him. Players that first acquired Han Solo through the extra rewards will be banned permanently.
  • 7 Star Darth Vader lowered to 5 Star – players who acquired additional shards for Darth Vader through the old Achievement exploit will have shards taken away and their Darth Vader lowered down to 5 star. This will not be immediate and will be an ongoing process, so if you see a 7 Star Vader in arena be sure to report them to CG_LucifersDaddy

Thanks.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/post/discussion/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-general-discussion

Replies

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Lol still not a word from a CG Dev. But thanks @EA_Jesse for the update!
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    You do realize he is the community manager, and he speaks on their behalf, right?
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    All of this sounds reasonable. Can we all just continue ranting about dodge?
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thank you

Now Guild coin issue?
    Post edited by Smithie on
  • Options
    Extra rewards will be removed - While it is true that we can’t as easily take back credits or gear that have been spent, what we can do is lower certain things down. Example: if someone took all of their extra credits and gear and applied them to Royal Guard, we are taking away ALL gear from that Royal Guard and bumping them back down to 2 stars.

I am good with this. My question @EA_Jesse is say they did this on many characters. This will be done on all characters? Someone who did it say 50x could have easily leveled and starred and geared several. Will all that got this bump be reverted as laid out here?
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Well I think that's that.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Aww c'mon, keeping Han is not fair. Thats easily reversible. I dont care how many did it, thats months in its own right.
    {RotE}
  • Cor
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Still, all about penalties. Why not even a short message about releasing guild coins and raids? Even, if not solved yet would be nice to see any update...
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Aww c'mon, keeping Han is not fair. Thats easily reversible. I dont care how many did it, thats months in its own right.

We will be removing the shards that were acquired through the extra rewards and lowering Han back down to 5 star for those that already had him unlocked, including all gear that was equipped on him. Players that first acquired Han Solo through the extra rewards will be banned permanently.
  • Options

We will be removing the shards that were acquired through the extra rewards and lowering Han back down to 5 star for those that already had him unlocked, including all gear that was equipped on him. Players that first acquired Han Solo through the extra rewards will be banned permanently.

Beat me to it.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Ok time to stop the 'i want refund mania' now? Think this is more than fair.
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options

Beat me to it.

You beat me to this!
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you EA! Definitely do not feel bad for the ones that were banned.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options
    Glad we got a response. I just hope this can actually be executed. He already told us this before pretty much.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I'm perfectly fine with this. Good job.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

Only people that had him unlocked already are keeping him
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

Oh wow, i missed the final sentence, and now i feel for the perma ban. That is no way okay, its not challenging at all to reverse what happened.
    {RotE}
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    So imagine being at 130/145 then perma ban. Ouch.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Can we get info on the guild coin issue?

Great response here.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options

Oh wow, i missed the final sentence, and now i feel for the perma ban. That is no way okay, its not challenging at all to reverse what happened.

Im pretty sure its challenging. for them to resort to the ban. Also, most likely you had to have exploited many times to get had if you didnt already have him, marking some clear intent.
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Comment removed as per TOS
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

It's even less challenging to not abuse an exploit as well.
  • mccif16
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Most who unlocked han this way exploited many many times. They knew what they were doing.
  • Options
    As I thought, nothing to freak about.

But I'm kinda sad because we don't receive some kind of generous compensation........

Nah, just kidding. It's kinda fun to see the angry mob with popcorn.
  • Options
    hey soooo if someone geared Darth Vader that was starred up with the achievement exploit....will all the gear be stripped away too? The stars were earned illegitimately but the gear was obtained without exploit....
  • Options
    This is the right answer to the community outcry. Data proving the numbers of those who exploited, their punishment, and the long-term plan.

Thank you. @EA_Jesse

This really shows you do pay attention to our feelings on matters like this.
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options

Its a clear signal to others and a fair play: If you already know something is not right and you're still keep abusing it, without reporting or asking if it's cool to continue, you'll be OUT.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Options
    Extra rewards will be removed - While it is true that we can’t as easily take back credits or gear that have been spent, what we can do is lower certain things down. Example: if someone took all of their extra credits and gear and applied them to Royal Guard, we are taking away ALL gear from that Royal Guard and bumping them back down to 2 stars.

I am good with this. My question @EA_Jesse is say they did this on many characters. This will be done on all characters? Someone who did it say 50x could have easily leveled and starred and geared several. Will all that got this bump be reverted as laid out here?

Would like to see this clarification.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    MrGrips wrote: »

Im pretty sure its challenging. for them to resort to the ban. Also, most likely you had to have exploited many times to get had if you didnt already have him, marking some clear intent.

Actually not a great challenge, takes up valuable dev time however.

Fair point on the bans, but in this case it comes off as lazy to ban anyone that unlocked Han.
    Can we get info on the guild coin issue?

Great response here.

That topic has been buried in this toxic heap of censorship and sadness.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Thank God.