Force closing a bannable exploit?

Prev134
AdamW
692 posts Member
I havent tried this out but was curious if this could be seen as cheating, for instance I read if you lose a character in GW, you can force close and they will be back (battle left off in the same position before death im assuming).

Replies

• Nope, it is not cheating at all...other games with similar game play also allows this to stand...
  • Yes, it is.
  • Andrew
    202 posts Member
    Don't do it!! 2 of my accounts were banned!
  • Andrew
    202 posts Member
    jk it's not. may the force close be with you
  • Rama
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    AdamW wrote: »
    I havent tried this out but was curious if this could be seen as cheating, for instance I read if you lose a character in GW, you can force close and they will be back (battle left off in the same position before death im assuming).

I'm interested in this too. That trick is addressed multiple time on this forum as a legit one (even in one of the first reply in the GW Guide thread, the place where most likely new players like me will look for advice), and IMO that is enough for making people think it's ok to use it: otherwise EA/CG guys would have said something about it, or at least they would have deleted posts mentioning the trick.
    Plus in one of my device I have experienced (and still) random force close, probably due to the lack of free memory (less than 100MB). Of course it happens randomly, but in that moment I could be everywhere: i.e. into the lobby, into Cantina battles or in GW; how you would take this into account? (Lack of memory is just my supposition, but on the other device where I have some GBs avaiable the game works like a charm, so...)
    Anyway it will be nice to have an official response here from, let's say, @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse which could take all our doubts away and state which is the correct path from now on, avoiding that inexperienced players encounter some sort of sanction from a behaviour that isn't been clarified yet.
    Post edited by Rama on
    RamaGiizis || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 67 || Heroes you can borrow from me: Windu (LS), Sidious (DS), Fives (Cantina)
  • Noooo!!!! Dont ban me because of this please,,,, its my phone's battery fault!!!!
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Rama wrote: »
    AdamW wrote: »

I'm interested in this too. That trick is addressed multiple time on this forum as a legit one (even in one of the first reply in the GW Guide thread, the place where most likely new players like me will look for advice), and IMO that is enough for making people think it's ok to use it: otherwise EA/CG guys would have said something about it, or at least they would have deleted posts mentioning the trick.
    Anyway it will be nice to have an official response here from, let's say, @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse which could take all our doubts away and state which is the correct path from now on, avoiding that inexperienced players encounter some sort of sanction from a behaviour that isn't been clarified yet.

lol IT"S LEGIT....Well, tbh, I do not see why it should be not legit since other mobile games are fine with that. There are lots of reasons why the game suddenly force close such as not enough memory data (makes my ipad keep restarting out of nowhere), forgot to recharge (bat goes to 0%) and many valid reasons.

They should focus on BETTER problems such as double arena rewards, leila bugged, evasion rate which are really different from some characters from the description to the reality, their newest update soon and many important one than this feature.
    Noooo!!!! Dont ban me because of this please,,,, its my phone's battery fault!!!!

Same, my IPAD keep restarting every 5 mins and my bat drops to 0% every 1 hour....
    :*
  • I´m gonna be honest and say that I used it something like 5 times pre lvl 60. Using retreat and B squads is just as easy/fast and in a way more satisfying. I was one of the first as well to adress this and I send Jesse a pm early december, on which I never got a reply :(
    Just was on my tablet on forum when batt died, it's impossible to seperate the right from the wrong there so can't ban you or anything.

I remember my brother was playing GTA online and there was this cash glitch that everyone abused. When it got fixed, people lost the money as a logical result. You can't ban people for something the game allows them to do unless they alter the code.

Also I read some people saying in pvp their characters never gets to go first and some even claim that the enemy has 3 full rounds = 15 attacks before they get a turn. That's also a glitch imo since you pretty much lost by default if the enemy gets to hit 15x first. Nevertheless using a glitch is still a **** move.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I´m gonna be honest and say that I used it something like 5 times pre lvl 60. Using retreat and B squads is just as easy/fast and in a way more satisfying. I was one of the first as well to adress this and I send Jesse a pm early december, on which I never got a reply :(
    Just was on my tablet on forum when batt died, it's impossible to seperate the right from the wrong there so can't ban you or anything.

I remember my brother was playing GTA online and there was this cash glitch that everyone abused. When it got fixed, people lost the money as a logical result. You can't ban people for something the game allows them to do unless they alter the code.

Also I read some people saying in pvp their characters never gets to go first and some even claim that the enemy has 3 full rounds = 15 attacks before they get a turn. That's also a glitch imo since you pretty much lost by default if the enemy gets to hit 15x first. Nevertheless using a glitch is still a **** move.

HAHAHA he used it a beep load of times until he didnt need it anymore, and then he stopped using it and tried to get it fixed so others couldn't reap the benefits. This guy.
  • I use the force close alot, mostly because the team your up against I have to plan on what best to take against them. Even then I am not always successful after doing it. If I log into match in GW and lose a toon in first volley, I force close and chose another that isnt so squishy. Certain toons are auto attack for entry volleys so I try to avoid those now. Another strategy is to log into match with all tanks to suck up the intial volleys of specials then retreat and bring in your A game.... Alot of teams take trial and error to beat with my toons, so I am glad that I can exit and reload and try again.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Rama
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Harmson wrote: »
    I use the force close alot, mostly because the team your up against I have to plan on what best to take against them. Even then I am not always successful after doing it. If I log into match in GW and lose a toon in first volley, I force close and chose another that isnt so squishy. Certain toons are auto attack for entry volleys so I try to avoid those now. Another strategy is to log into match with all tanks to suck up the intial volleys of specials then retreat and bring in your A game.... Alot of teams take trial and error to beat with my toons, so I am glad that I can exit and reload and try again.

LoL, it really remembers me about savegames in Pokémon. Good memories :#
    Post edited by Rama on
    RamaGiizis || 935 - 264 - 351 || LV. 67 || Heroes you can borrow from me: Windu (LS), Sidious (DS), Fives (Cantina)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    This is pretty much a staple strategy in all possible games and isn't different from any decades old save/load strategy. The game was saved before the GW battle. It doesn't go well, so you force close - ie load your save and try again.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I deliberately did not mention this "strategy" in my guide because it has always seemed a bit fishy to me. Some official clarification would be nice. Even if they can't stop it, it would be good to know if they consider it fair game or not.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    You aren't allowed to tamper with any aspect of the game's code, or exploit bugs and glitches. But naturally, nobody has the right to say when and how you use your own phone to open and close apps. Whether it's fair or not, GC are entirely powerless to do anything about that, and I'm sure they'd never even consider enforcing any rule about what people should do with their phones. The phone or tablet is the game's platform. It's not part of the game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    They can't stop you from force-closing the app but they can easily penalize you for it. If you try it in Arena, for example, I believe you automatically lose. This is not hard to implement at all.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I deliberately did not mention this "strategy" in my guide because it has always seemed a bit fishy to me. Some official clarification would be nice. Even if they can't stop it, it would be good to know if they consider it fair game or not.

Why it would not fair??? Its really good for F2P especially and most of P2P players....its one of the strategy...you can add it up later in your guide...all other games has it also...you can check Heroes Charge (very similar gameplay, based on DOTA and LOL, played for one year) and other similar types of games...
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    They can't stop you from force-closing the app but they can easily penalize you for it. If you try it in Arena, for example, I believe you automatically lose. This is not hard to implement at all.

True for arena. If force closing is penalized, you bet the whale-f2p gap will widen further.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    xJazzx wrote: »

True for arena. If force closing is penalized, you bet the whale-f2p gap will widen further.

Because Arena and Gw are two different things buddy...Arena if they do not penalize it then other people will suffer as the result...but if its Gw, its like an offline...there is no party hurt by people doing that...period.
  • I did it once when I was down to my last hero in GW. He died and I quickly restarted my phone. At the time I didn't even know if force closing would do anything, so I was surprised that it worked.

I haven't done it since and I don't really see the point. It's a waste of time for little reward.

Whether I complete GW with one hero standing or all heroes makes no difference to me.

My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • AdamW wrote: »

No what the force quit in GW does is reset the entire battle. So you just start over - you don't pick up in the middle of the battle with any more health or the enemy still damage. It's nothing like retreating at all. You just start the battle over from the beginning like nothing happened.

It's less of an advantage than the permitted retreat approach. You really don't get any advantage in a battle like retreating can offer. If I were CG / EA I wouldn't bother putting in resources to block this ability as it's less effective than what the game already permits. Achievement spam farming Vader though...that's a different story :)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member

Because Arena and Gw are two different things buddy...Arena if they do not penalize it then other people will suffer as the result...but if its Gw, its like an offline...there is no party hurt by people doing that...period.

While I don't have an opinion on the subject, and don't know if it should be banable or not, this sentence is nit true. It's a very common point of view, that benefiting yourself shouldn't be a problem if nobody gets hurt. But it's false. It would be the same than using PEDs in sports. If you do this, and finish your GW, and you level your Luminara to 7*, and then use her in Arena, then you have an adventage over those who don't use it, and don't have his Lumi as well developed as yours.

If that is, or is not, fair game, is totally a different question. But it does affect the rest of players.
  • I did it once when I was down to my last hero in GW. He died and I quickly restarted my phone. At the time I didn't even know if force closing would do anything, so I was surprised that it worked.

I haven't done it since and I don't really see the point. It's a waste of time for little reward.

Whether I complete GW with one hero standing or all heroes makes no difference to me.

You dont need to restart phone just the game is ok
    And the award is huge to f2p
  • Miss_Doll wrote: »
    I did it once when I was down to my last hero in GW. He died and I quickly restarted my phone. At the time I didn't even know if force closing would do anything, so I was surprised that it worked.

You dont need to restart phone just the game is ok
    And the award is huge to f2p

I know that all you have to do is exit the app, but the first time I didn't know what I was doing.

I am pretty much f2p ($10 spent) but I'd rather play as fair as possible.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Triqui wrote: »

While I don't have an opinion on the subject, and don't know if it should be banable or not, this sentence is nit true. It's a very common point of view, that benefiting yourself shouldn't be a problem if nobody gets hurt. But it's false. It would be the same than using PEDs in sports. If you do this, and finish your GW, and you level your Luminara to 7*, and then use her in Arena, then you have an adventage over those who don't use it, and don't have his Lumi as well developed as yours.

If that is, or is not, fair game, is totally a different question. But it does affect the rest of players.

LOL...it might be true but not completely..
    1. even with force close I know lots of player couldnt even complete GW and they just try to bring people down who success complete GW with one of this trick

2. It might get benefits but only for few heroes ONLY (you don't make your 5 man team from GW alone, you just pick one or two MAX) and only 4 heroes are good for the team play in GW shop.

3. PED's is ILLEGAL whatsoever while this feature is ALREADY implemented before this game even make it out to public (i am talking with other games with similar gameplay that use this feature legally)

4. If they take this out and many people could not complete GW because of that feature, there will waves of whining and crying to make it easier or put the feature back...lol...come on people think ahead...not just a one step ahead...

Thank you.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

LOL...it might be true but not completely..
    1. even with force close I know lots of player couldnt even complete GW and they just try to bring people down who success complete GW with one of this trick

2. It might get benefits but only for few heroes ONLY (you don't make your 5 man team from GW alone, you just pick one or two MAX) and only 4 heroes are good for the team play in GW shop.

3. PED's is ILLEGAL whatsoever while this feature is ALREADY implemented before this game even make it out to public (i am talking with other games with similar gameplay that use this feature legally)

Thank you.

1) some sportsman don't win even with PEDs

2) it doesn't matter. A single basketball player on PEDs gives enough adventage. Just having a 7* Lumi vs a 5* one will win you a mirror match. Or having Poggle vs not having it. Not to mention the rest of crystals and mats you get

3) true. If you reread my post, I already made an statement about that. I don't have an opinion about it being legal or not, or if it should be. But claiming it "doesn't hurt anyone" is disibgenous.
  • Rama
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    The real point is that we need a statement from an admin about this. I dunno why they're so reluctant to manifest their position.
    Post edited by Rama on
  • My phone has a random glitch in it....for some reason every time Im in GW and one of my toons die my app closes on me.....strangest thing ever.
  • Obviously they don't want you to have multiple tries, they also can't nor won't track people who do this. Their only option is to make it like arena, close out you lose/die. I doubt they will change it because accidents do happen and people will rage.
  • Almost everyone uses this. I'd never even placed higher than 6 before I started doing it. I've since won 18 straight GW matches, which I have no doubt wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

I've spent a fair bit since first unlocked it, and my GW/Arena team is fairly well-off now. 7* Sid melts faces. I could probably still complete it 80% of the time with well-timed retreats and well thought out team comps.

If they fixed it or banned those that use it, I'd be quite unhappy. If they did either without lowering the overall difficulty of GW, I'd probably quit.
  • Thanks for this thread, explains helluva lot about all these high lvl lumins and phasmas I'm seeing! I've never bothered with the force close as it is unsportsmanlike regardless of anything else, and I tend to get to within the last 3 of GW every day (I thought that was good!). But if the whole of GoH is doing it I'm being disadvataged alot in arena, so... A look into the mind of a pro cyclist :,)

However you look at it, saying youd quit if they made gw harder is a bit weak.