Please clarify: How is a "day" calculated for the 30k limit?

r2steve2
189 posts Member
edited June 2016
Guilds are now capped for 30k raid coins a day, but I haven't seen a clear explanation as to when that day starts and ends. Is it based on the original guild timezone and daily activity reset? Is it based on the leader's personal reset time?

Please clarify (or share a link if it's already been answered elsewhere), as otherwise there's a risk of members with different timezones having their personal reset occur twice in one "guild day" and not having their second raid coin contribution count. @EA_Jesse
Hodor

Replies

• Liam87
    15 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Removed post due to admitted faults in wording. New post a few down.
    Post edited by Liam87 on
  • cheetah2114
    84 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Liam87 wrote: »
    It would be impossible to achieve two personal resets in one day for guild activity. Think about it this way. X is the time the guild resets. Y is the time a person within that guild resets.

To go from X1(first reset) to X2(second reset) requires 24 hours.
    To go from Y1(first reset) to Y2(second reset) requires 24 hours.

It does not matter if X and Y are the same time as both resets require a full 24 hours. If X comes before Y, it will happen that way every single day.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you.

You clearly don't understand how and when guild coins come in...

That said, EA_Jesse said:

Also, please note the following: Guild Bank Coins (the diamond slab icon with a coin on it) are tied to the schedule of the guild activities. 6:30pm at the Guild Leader’s time is when they reset and are delivered. This reset time never changes even if the Guild Leader does, its permanently set when the Guild is created.

So clearly EA_Jesse is struggling with how coins come in too. Since the above statement is incorrect.

Right now the 24 window is from your guild leader's reset to his/her next reset. Most likely 1am, but could be midnight or 11pm with daylightsavings time.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah i was under the impression that coins were all delivered at once under this new system. So at guild reset time 25-30k show up in the bank all at once. But yesterday they were still just trickling in little by little. I too would be interested in knowing exactly how this system is supposed to be working and how it is actually working (or not working) currently
  • Liam87
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Liam87 wrote: »
    It would be impossible to achieve two personal resets in one day for guild activity. Think about it this way. X is the time the guild resets. Y is the time a person within that guild resets.

To go from X1(first reset) to X2(second reset) requires 24 hours.
    To go from Y1(first reset) to Y2(second reset) requires 24 hours.

It does not matter if X and Y are the same time as both resets require a full 24 hours. If X comes before Y, it will happen that way every single day.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you.

You clearly don't understand how and when guild coins come in...

That said, EA_Jesse said:

Also, please note the following: Guild Bank Coins (the diamond slab icon with a coin on it) are tied to the schedule of the guild activities. 6:30pm at the Guild Leader’s time is when they reset and are delivered. This reset time never changes even if the Guild Leader does, its permanently set when the Guild is created.

So clearly EA_Jesse is struggling with how coins come in too. Since the above statement is incorrect.

Right now the 24 window is from your guild leader's reset to his/her next reset. Most likely 1am, but could be midnight or 11pm with daylightsavings time.

Yes, I was wrong in my thinking about how the resets work. I was in the process of rewording my post when you responded (still think my previous post is off).

Regardless, I assume it would not be terribly difficult to simply wait for the guild reset. I know for me there is a difference of 11 hours and 30 minutes between my personal reset and the guild reset, which means I will never run into an issue. My personal resets and I contribute 600. When the guild reset rolls around, I may not be able to fully contribute the 600 immediately. However, I will still have a full 24 hours to collect energy, get my next personal reset, and have all my cheap refreshes back with 11:30 to finish my contribution.

Is there something I'm missing? Can you explain if so?
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yea the problem isn't waiting. It's that I have no idea what my guild mates are supposed to wait for. Is it the guild activity reset? Is it the current leaders personal reset? The original leaders personal reset?

I can plan around any of these. But without an answer from @EA_Jesse I have no idea what to plan around.
    Hodor
  • Liam87
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that the reset for the guild is 6:30 pm on the leaders tz when a guild is created and then does not change regardless of leadership change. I can't remember where I read that but I'm almost positive it was an employee that made the statement. Sorry I couldn't help more. Hope you found your answer by now.
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    Options
    My guild receive coins in 2 days period. First day we receive f.e. 24521 coins , the second day we receive 30000-24521 = 5479 coins. Third day 28222, forth 1778 coins ....
    It can not be intended .