Frequently Asked Questions - updated 11/23/2015

Prev1
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited June 2017
Greetings Heroes!

Below you will find a list of some frequently asked questions. This list will be updated from time to time, so be sure to check back often.

Can I play across different devices?
  • Yes, if your game is linked (Game Center for iOS, Google Play for Android), you can play across supported devices that use the same OS (Android->Android, iOS->iOS).

What should I know about Facebook connect?
  • Allows you to send invites to FB friends
  • Does not allow cross-platform play
  • Does not protect your game from loss like Game Center/Google Play does

What should I know about Guest accounts?
  • We strongly recommend linking an account if you’ve spent money on it and/or intend to play it for some time
  • An account not connected with either Game Center for iOS or Google Play for Android is a guest
  • Guest accounts are vulnerable to being lost by device crashes, game uninstalls, etc.
  • Being a Guest account limits our ability help in account loss situations

Can I reset/restart my game to start over?
  • Your game cannot be reset to start from the beginning again without creating an entirely new account

I was really excited to see that I obtained character shards after opening a pack, but when I went to my characters screen I had a different amount than what I just got, what gives?
  • This is a known bug that the team is working on fixing

I’ve lost my account and have to start over, is there any way to fix this?
  • Yes! Please follow the steps in the following link to solve this problem CLICK HERE

My 15k power team is losing to an 8k power team, this doesn’t seem right!
  • The team is looking into this. Please note that some balance changes were recently made that should address some of the issues with this.

Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Fad21
    10 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    so i opened pack and i got 10x2 fisto shards so it should be 20 shards altogether but it appears as only 10? is this bugged or something and will i get the other shards which didnt appear back? comeon spent so much money on this
    Post edited by Horfrost on
  • Options
    Hi "EA_Jesse"
  • Options
    jesse can write a new post but cant answer my question...
  • Options
    Fad21 wrote: »
    jesse can write a new post but cant answer my question...

"I was really excited to see that I obtained character shards after opening a pack, but when I went to my characters screen I had a different amount than what I just got, what gives?

-This is a known bug that the team is working on fixing"

Jesse can write post, maybe you need to learn to read?
  • Options
    i just want to know if i'll get those shards that went missing back
  • Options
    Hey Fad21, as the FAQ states, it's a display bug. The team is working on fixing this in a future update.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    okay thanks jesse
  • Options
    My Question: I won a few of those droids carrying baskets of credits in a challenge, how do I apply/open them?

Thank-you!
  • Options
    MiCha214 wrote: »
    My Question: I won a few of those droids carrying baskets of credits in a challenge, how do I apply/open them?

Thank-you!

You go to your inventory and sell them.
  • RekTum
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Can someone explain why the buttons on the match screen are greyed out so I can't play a match?

• RekTum
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    How the hell do you post an image in here? Does not work on phone at all :(
  • Options
    SeroZero wrote: »

Thank-you!

Oh wow it worked!!! Thank-you!
  • Options
    I cant delete the account and start a new one on ios always return to previous. Also can i change my name?
  • Options
    SeroZero wrote: »

Thank-you!

Oh wow it worked!!! Thank-you!

Hahaha
  • Options
    I cant delete the account and start a new one on ios always return to previous. Also can i change my name?

You can't start a new one with the same email (FAQ). Idk about name changes but I don't see any option for that.
  • Options
    One of two things needs to happen with regards to energy. Either the time needed to earn back energy needs to be reduced. Or the energy needed to start an event needs to be lowered. Currently it requires 6 energy or 12 energy to start an event on normal or hard. So right now it takes as little as 36 minutes to do one fight and that's it. Which takes about 60 seconds of your time (instant if you sim), and then there's nothing else to do but wait another 36 minutes to come back to the game. It takes almost 2 hours to do one 12 energy fight!!! Once I use up my energy and have done my arena battles, there's hardly any reason to turn the game back on for half the day. That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    I agree Lloyd. The costs to replenish energy are also too steep. I've been playing this since September. The energy issue is my number one complaint with this game.
  • Options
    This game is not that bad if I say so myself. FOR THE SITH EMPIRE!!!!!!!
  • Options
    One problem.. The energy. Please remove them. SO WE CAN PLAY ALL DAY
  • Options
    Another problem. How do we change our name when we do battle arena? I'm stuck with the name MOL ELIZA.
  • Options
    Good thing I just unlocked grand Moff Tarkin
  • Options
    Another problem. How do we change our name when we do battle arena? I'm stuck with the name MOL ELIZA.

Contact Support. Gear icon --> Contact Us.
  • Options
    Uh.. Thanks?
  • Options
    Uh.. Thanks?

Well, the longer answer is that you can't do it yourself, but Support should be able to change it for you from their end if you open a ticket asking them to.
  • Options
    Ok nevermind that. Contacting won't help. I just need to change my user that's all :/
  • Options
    Dang. Well thanks anyway
  • Options
    EA_JESSE! Please, please, please, please, please fix the power Lvl. Bug. I HAVE a 7000 team and I cant hold my rank because 5900 players can beat me. I worked super duper hard to be a Lvl 33 and EARNED rank 4. But a Lvl. 34 with 5900 beat me? Please fix. I joined a little late and still managed to be beast on deez noobz and there are VERY limited options for leveling up. Daily challenges and battles. At my level, daily's get me up 1 and battles give too little for me to level up. Please fix power levels or at least give more chances for XP so I won't have to be demolished by a weak Lvl. 34 with a cruddy power level. Its not fare.
    Please. Fix it. I will love you forever. Forever.
    Live long and prosper.
  • Options
    Jesse is just a go between for the dev team at Capital Games and us. Aaron Nemoyten is the producer. He doesn't seem to visit this new forum at all.
  • Options
    EA_JESSE! Please, please, please, please, please fix the power Lvl. Bug. I HAVE a 7000 team and I cant hold my rank because 5900 players can beat me. I worked super duper hard to be a Lvl 33 and EARNED rank 4. But a Lvl. 34 with 5900 beat me? Please fix. I joined a little late and still managed to be beast on deez noobz and there are VERY limited options for leveling up. Daily challenges and battles. At my level, daily's get me up 1 and battles give too little for me to level up. Please fix power levels or at least give more chances for XP so I won't have to be demolished by a weak Lvl. 34 with a cruddy power level. Its not fare.
    Please. Fix it. I will love you forever. Forever.
    Live long and prosper.

I think the 'power' mechanism need to VISUALLY change to not give people the disillusion that because their team is higher in 'power level' by 2-3k, means that they are much stronger. It's honestly that not that.

You need to take into account that its only about one character difference. And it's player's intelligence against the AI in the PVP. He can easily beat your AI with some smart play, just like how you beat others.
  • Options
    Live long and prosper.

I think that's the wrong sci-fi franchise lol.
    Fudgement wrote: »
    I think the 'power' mechanism need to VISUALLY change to not give people the disillusion that because their team is higher in 'power level' by 2-3k, means that they are much stronger. It's honestly that not that.

You need to take into account that its only about one character difference. And it's player's intelligence against the AI in the PVP. He can easily beat your AI with some smart play, just like how you beat others.

+1

Power level is just a subjective stat.
This discussion has been closed.