How to break into the Top 10 as F2P?

Andrew
202 posts Member
edited January 2016
So my server is relatively new. Almost 3 weeks now. I'm mainly a F2P player and i've ranked in the top #20-30, sometimes sniping into the #11-20 since our server began.

I tried challenging the Top 10, but i had no luck against a lot of the P2W teams. Additionally, as the server gets older, the Top 10 are getting more resources:

1) 800-1000 arena tokens
2) 250-500 crystals

Sure, it's only a slight addition in arena tokens and crystals, but those add up over time and allow the Top 10 to get more refreshes for shards and gear.

So how do you break into the Top 10? I only see myself getting into the top 10 towards end game when i'm on equal footing with them in terms of maxed gear and stars.

Replies

• Yuri
    173 posts Member
    Would help if you posted your team.
  • Andrew
    202 posts Member
    I'm lvl 53 right now.

1) 5* Phasma Gear 6 (Leader)
    2) 4* Fives Gear 7
    3) 5* Sidious Gear 6
    4) 5* Lumi Gear 7
    5) 5* JC Gear 5

My goal is to have a counter-attack team so i'm farming Kylo and Dooku right now to eventually replace Sid and JC.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Your team is going to be good. Stay on that track, use your 50 gems per day and aim high.
  • Yeah agreee if you get kylo in jc place this team is a potential #10. If you dont have dooku is going to take you forever to farm him but that is up to you my friend.
  • Phasma 6
    Sid 7
    Lumi 7
    Kylo 5
    Ct Fives 5 (Leia 3, Dooku 5, Vader 4, Daka 5)

First four are in team. Last member I'm switching. All purple geared and maxed. First day in three weeks that u Havent finished in top 10-20. Competitve server top 100 all lvl 60.
    Stick with that team

Thing is phasma Lumi and sid will be your fastest 7 guys. And are really strong.
    You want one fast guy to trigger phasma skill against some teams.
    If i star up leia and Dooku it could be really strong setup after lvl 60 with fast guys. More assist chance from phasma. And multiple stun plus machine gun Leia.
    poe leia kylo dooku sid could be potentally great team.
  • Andrew wrote: »
    I'm lvl 53 right now.

1) 5* Phasma Gear 6 (Leader)
    2) 4* Fives Gear 7
    3) 5* Sidious Gear 6
    4) 5* Lumi Gear 7
    5) 5* JC Gear 5

My goal is to have a counter-attack team so i'm farming Kylo and Dooku right now to eventually replace Sid and JC.

It's definitely a fun comp and I have your exact same team except I subbed JC out and put in Geo soldier who is now almost 4*. Note that the account I'm talking about is an alt and that its currently level 43.
    Member of The New Rebellion
  • Some Phasma teams in my top20 use these lineups just to give you an idea,

Team1: Phasma (L), Sid, Geo, Lumi, JC
    Team2: Phasma (L), Sid, Kylo, Lumi, Fives
    Team 3: Phasma (L), Sid, Dooku, Fives, Lumi
    Team 4: Phasma (L), Daka, Sid, Lumi, Kylo

Lastly my Phasma team would probably be, Phasma (L), Geo, Kylo, Dooku, FOTP (if available, Poggle if no access to FOTP)
  • AdamW wrote: »
    Your team is going to be good. Stay on that track, use your 50 gems per day and aim high.

I agree. Just keep gearing/leveling/starring your main 5.
  • Im using Phasma (lead),sid,lumi,FOTP and poe and im arena 1-5 everyday for a week now