IG88/Geonosian Spy interaction

Specifically, IG88 lead. Other Geonosian allies (as well as Spy) are causing negative status effects (damage over time), yet geonosian spy is not receiving any turn Meyer from these dots.

Is this intended? Is the dot from ig88 not considered applied by the character that crits?

Replies

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    This really needs to be looked at. This was a big part of why so many people decided to purchase Geo Spy - everyone assumed this interaction was a no brainer and worked as listed.
  • I'd like to add that something must have went wrong when the character was made live because he has the health and protection of Rey and yet he hits like old Ben.
  • I'd like to add that the current wording of the ig88 leadership is very clear that the the ally [inflicts] the dot when they crit. This is not an ambiguous wording a la fives.
    Also, what Nae says is very true. The assumption was that this interaction was intended and was part of the reason spy had such low hp/speed/damage per basic.
  • this is why I purchased him as well, if this isn't going to work i'd definitely return him.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    I'd like to add that something must have went wrong when the character was made live because he has the health and protection of Rey and yet he hits like old Ben.

Can add this to the long long list of broken premium toons: old Ben leader forever, Tusken shaman is a disaster festering embarrassment, Rex broken when aurodium then pulled then fixed, wedge leader had issues, maul leader broken and uselessly slow and squishy, sun fac AI broken initially, echo released broken and then fixed with Aoe.

Certainly I am missing some??

B2 is sweet though and on my arena team. Leia as well. So maybe 15% unbroken premium toon rate around here??

@Naecabon any reason to buy geonosian spy? If you have maxed sun fac and gs??

Cannot believe the dots not working. Uggh.
  • WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    I'd like to add that something must have went wrong mwhen the character was made live because he has the health and protection of Rey and yet he hits like old Ben.

Can add this to the long long list of broken premium toons: old Ben leader forever, Tusken shaman is a disaster festering embarrassment, Rex broken when aurodium then pulled then fixed, wedge leader had issues, maul leader broken and uselessly slow and squishy, sun fac AI broken initially, echo released broken and then fixed with Aoe.

Certainly I am missing some??

B2 is sweet though and on my arena team. Leia as well. So maybe 15% unbroken premium toon rate around here??

@Naecabon any reason to buy geonosian spy? If you have maxed sun fac and gs??

Cannot believe the dots not working. Uggh.

No he's not worth it. I have max sun fac and GS. Poggle almost there. I would have thought he would at least be useful in full geo team but he has Rey like health. Sun fac speed. And hits like old Ben. Looks like he now basics until stealth which is nice but his average special is about 10k. He can easily be killed first with his speed to avoid any decent TM action. Even with 88 I fear that will be the case, needs GS type health and protection or much greater speed to be useful right now
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    This problem is being looked into and a bug has been submitted for the issues mentioned. Thanks a bunch!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Im glad he is being looked at, EVERYTIME I'm severely disappointed the devs come in and at least try to make it right (if it's possible) so good job on that, the customer service is better then my past experiences. That said, (trying to not be another complainer) I hope it's more than just ig88 debuff status because even with that fixed, he only might be viable in that one set up (geo+ig88 lead). @CG_Kozispoon (am I aloud to tag you?) Even then he would still be easily focused and taken out before he gets a turn. He should at least be viable in a full geo set up right?

His damage, speed, health and protection all need to be re evaluated to make him more than a one trick pony in an ig88 set up. He hits like old Ben, is as slow as a tank, and has the health and protection of Rey.
  • I thought about getting the spy because his initial abilities sounded promising but his health, speed, and lack of a true geonosian leader turned me off.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @WhiskeyPug Say it aloud and say it proud. Tag away!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Any word @CG_Kozispoon ?