July Leaderboard

Prev1
Naecabon
1243 posts Member
We'd just like to wish everyone good luck on the guild leaderboard for July! We do not plan on focusing on it at all as it's somewhat arbitrary in nature at the moment for us.

We realize a lot of people were very upset over the idea of using an alt rotation to generate additional raids, and we understand your frustrations. This was one of the factors in our decision to opt out this month. We hope this gives other guilds an opportunity to be at the top of it if they so choose, and we hope you guys have fun competing over it in the meantime. For July, we're instead dedicated entirely on maximizing our own raids and gain, without worrying about the effect it has on the leaderboard at all.

Ideally, some day, we hope a raid comes along that really challenges us all and represents an actual difficulty curve on par with what we'd originally expected from a "heroic" raid. Until then, without an actual challenge, we regretfully consider the leaderboard a placeholder and nothing more.

Good luck to everyone! We're curious to see who dominates it in July!

Replies

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Wait who is we?

EDIT Oooooooh, haha Team Instinct? You are competitive for sure.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Spartamaj
    259 posts Member
    Just curious, it really took you guys 2 months to realize this?
  • Thanks?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Spartamaj wrote: »
    Just curious, it really took you guys 2 months to realize this?

Wishful thinking I guess!
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Naecabon wrote: »
    We'd just like to wish everyone good luck on the guild leaderboard for July! We do not plan on focusing on it at all as it's somewhat arbitrary in nature at the moment for us.

We realize a lot of people were very upset over the idea of using an alt rotation to generate additional raids, and we understand your frustrations. This was one of the factors in our decision to opt out this month. We hope this gives other guilds an opportunity to be at the top of it if they so choose, and we hope you guys have fun competing over it in the meantime. For July, we're instead dedicated entirely on maximizing our own raids and gain, without worrying about the effect it has on the leaderboard at all.

Ideally, some day, we hope a raid comes along that really challenges us all and represents an actual difficulty curve on par with what we'd originally expected from a "heroic" raid. Until then, without an actual challenge, we regretfully consider the leaderboard a placeholder and nothing more.

Comment removed language\personal attack

Thanks for your thoughts!

Regardless, we hope everyone has fun competing in July and we'll be rooting for whoever takes control of it!
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    We wont be raiding in our main guild since we'll be spending half the time raiding in Supper Happy FTP Showdown instead
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    Haters gonna hate...
    It's so difficult to be nice in the internet.. Noone seems to realize that you mock real people outthere._.
  • Everyone respects you and your guild(s). We all are thankful for your financial contribution to the game as well as your excellent advice on what any given toon can do once fully leveled and geared.

But you probably won't get too many positive responses from a, "When you see other teams at the top of the leaderboard this month it's because we decided we would let you," post. Just saying.

But again, thank you for everything you contribute to the boards and to EA's/CG's wallets.
  • So, just to see if i got this straight, they are addressing the over Raid coins generation (cheat) now, and your guild will no longer 'worry' if they will be on leaderboard top now, just when others not exploiters can compete with the same amount of coins for everyone? Sounds very generous from your guild.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member

You'll see us at the top
  • so you want us to be thankful that you guys will not be dominating the leader boards by guild hopping this month?.... am i way off base?... to me it just sounds extremely arrogant..

thank you for not using questionable tactics to gain an advantage on the leader boards like the rest of us scrubs... very big of you...
  • I agree Heroic is not heroic at all. Leaderboard is meaningless really I agree. Good luck on maximizing to you too. Have fun!!!
  • We need a tougher raid.

We need a meaningful leaderboard.

We need GvG.

but most of all...

We need scanners.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    So, just to see if i got this straight, they are addressing the over Raid coins generation (cheat) now, and your guild will no longer 'worry' if they will be on leaderboard top now, just when others not exploiters can compete with the same amount of coins for everyone? Sounds very generous from your guild.

This is correct! As it is right now, everyone would "tie" in a perfect case scenario, although there is some invisible tiebreaker in place that no one has commented on officially. We do not know what this tiebreaker is, but it seems to favor us heavily and we're usually at the top even in the case of a tie. Is it an invisible guild ID number? Is it damage done? Time completed? We don't know.

Regardless, by opting out of trying to push this tie hardcore it will all but guarantee new blood at the top, and in that we are intentionally ensuring we don't win the tie race via methods no one even fully understands yet.

And, technically, right now there is no cap - any guild can still use the alt rotating method if they wanted to! They temporarily lifted it earlier in the week.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    QuiteDrunk wrote: »
    so you want us to be thankful that you guys will not be dominating the leader boards by guild hopping this month?.... am i way off base?... to me it just sounds extremely arrogant..

thank you for not using questionable tactics to gain an advantage on the leader boards like the rest of us scrubs... very big of you...

This is no longer a legal method, this month will be a neutral tie among all guilds that put maximum effort into maintaining the most raids possible in the cycle.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    We wont be raiding in our main guild since we'll be spending half the time raiding in Supper Happy FTP Showdown instead

Chyea!
  • Whitchit
    186 posts Member
    so you want us to be thankful that you guys will not be dominating the leader boards by guild hopping this month?.... am i way off base?... to me it just sounds extremely arrogant..

+1
  • Why would you even post this other than to attract attention or stir up controversy. Get over yourself my friend. I'm pretty sure no one considers your exploits this month an accomplishment. All you did was lose the respect you pathetically tried to build from the start by patting yourselves on the back for every little accomplishment. No one cares anymore. You could post a video tomorrow of soloing an entire T7 raid and everyone would think its bogus. Zero credibility. You're not the best guild in the game. Deal with it!
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Hey guys. We know there's no way for us to manipulate the raids now. So we are no longer going to focus on it. I know everyone cares because my guild is high profile. Troll you guys later.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member

So, just to see if i got this straight, they are addressing the over Raid coins generation (cheat) now, and your guild will no longer 'worry' if they will be on leaderboard top now, just when others not exploiters can compete with the same amount of coins for everyone? Sounds very generous from your guild.

@Dark_Helmet_85 actually you can still hop at the moment to generate enough coins to make more than 30K a day. There is no limit right now, as it was lifted. Anyone who wants to ensure 1st place by hopping is completely capable right now, just like how we did in June ;)
  • The tie breaker is always who gets points up first, simple as that, just like daily guild activities.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Hey guys. We know there's no way for us to manipulate the raids now. So we are no longer going to focus on it. I know everyone cares because my guild is high profile. Troll you guys later.

Hey @Mo_liza actually you can still hop at the moment to generate enough coins to make more than 30K a day. There is no limit right now, as it was lifted. Anyone who wants to ensure 1st place by hopping is completely capable right now, just like how we did in June ;)

• Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    The tie breaker is always who gets points up first, simple as that, just like daily guild activities.

This is not true.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    The tie breaker is always who gets points up first, simple as that, just like daily guild activities.

That's obviously not the case if you look at 2nd and 3rd right now
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member

This is correct! As it is right now, everyone would "tie" in a perfect case scenario, although there is some invisible tiebreaker in place that no one has commented on officially. We do not know what this tiebreaker is, but it seems to favor us heavily and we're usually at the top even in the case of a tie. Is it an invisible guild ID number? Is it damage done? Time completed? We don't know.

Regardless, by opting out of trying to push this tie hardcore it will all but guarantee new blood at the top, and in that we are intentionally ensuring we don't win the tie race via methods no one even fully understands yet.

And, technically, right now there is no cap - any guild can still use the alt rotating method if they wanted to! They temporarily lifted it earlier in the week.

I think you're wrong here. If you look at points as in divisions and whoever sits at the top being the highest damage output I think you'll see there is competition. But just not points or loot based.
  • Everyone respects you and your guild(s). We all are thankful for your financial contribution to the game as well as your excellent advice on what any given toon can do once fully leveled and geared.

But you probably won't get too many positive responses from a, "When you see other teams at the top of the leaderboard this month it's because we decided we would let you," post. Just saying.

But again, thank you for everything you contribute to the boards and to EA's/CG's wallets.

Geez, you didn't just get it on your nose, you got brown all over your face. Calm down little buddy, you are not the voice of the people, like Kanye West.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Hey if people can not be civil I will close this.

Just be civil!
  • Close it, just asking for toxic responses.
  • Close it .... this post is as relevant as the leaderboard.
  • Naecabon wrote: »

This is no longer a legal method, this month will be a neutral tie among all guilds that put maximum effort into maintaining the most raids possible in the cycle.

MAXIMUM EFFORT!
This discussion has been closed.