Is it worth to G11 QGJ?

JRuibal
25 posts Member
Title, i just bought a scanner and I was wondering if it was really worth to take QGJ to gear 11, instead of giving it to another character that can equip something at their next gear level. My other contenders are Yoda g9 to g10 or teebo wich is still G8 and takes a lot of sensor arrays to get to g10... I would like to hear your thoughts.

If it helps in any way, heres my arena team:

Old ben (L) - G9
Savage Opress - G10
STHan - G10
Phasma - G10 maxed
QGJ - G10 lacking the scanner

Replies

• Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Great thread, I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing all you get is some extra protection and potency. Feels a little like vanity compared to some of the other toons, but let's face it - you're going to be taking QGJ to gear 12 at some point in the future, so it has to be done eventually.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    I will do it at some point but i have others that need scanners badly.
  • I'm 20/50 haven't got any last 2 raids so saving guild $ for rest, not just potency but u equip a few nice items @ g11 that take little resources, my priority item along with fotp to g10 but I don't have anyone else competing for it cept rg.
  • JRuibal
    25 posts Member
    Swgoh.gg says you can't equip anything at g11, maybe you're confusing it with g10, wich had a lot of easy craftable items
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    In G11 you can't add any extra gear. So only benefit you get is the item itself and extra protection the item level gives. So ye it's worth it, but maybe not at first.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I did it for the extra protection. GQJ is my second fully maxed character (after rey)
    no regrets thusfar.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    It depends on how important the extra protection is to you. His potency is already 180% at G10 so 40% more would probably be overkill.
  • I'd give it to someone who will help with raids over QGJ, like Teebo or Chewie over getting QGJ to 11. I also notice a lack of RG. He's a good candidate, too.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    If you are in my arena shard then no don't waste your time on him, gearing him doesn't help much at all and is just to make him look scary without any real benefit.

If you aren't in my shard then heck yes! He is freaking awesome and amazing the more you gear him. He was my first toon I maxed and it has helped me everywhere throughout the game.
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    I can't think of any more versitalie hero in the game. He works well in raid p1-4, arena in almost every team, pve missions, challenge and GW.

If you only got one scanner in this game he is the one to have it.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Do it. A little over 3k more protection matters a lot. That's the difference of surviving another round to remove tm, call assist, or dispel and give offense up.
  • Definitely do it. The more potency gives him TM reduction on first Omegaed skill 80 % of the time on Rancor. This is invaluable
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Definitely do it. The more potency gives him TM reduction on first Omegaed skill 80 % of the time on Rancor. This is invaluable

This is gear 10 to gear 11 we are talking about. Not gear 8 gear 11. At gear 10 he already has enough potency.
  • He is worth it. Arena Great and raid also Great you can only win.
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Yes absolutely. Scanner adds 40% potency to QGJ (which you know) so if you use him in raids with a turn meter reduction team the high potency helps his basic...even if he's already at 180%. But he's just a beast at G11. Serious deterrent in Arena.

Otherwise I hear STH is a good candidate for G11.

Seriously though ... Savage Opress you wouldn't would you?
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    Here is my toons who got it first to last.
    1.qgj
    2.teebo
    3.st Han
    3.leia
  • JRuibal
    25 posts Member
    Yes, Opress its my favourite toon! he might not be meta or that good, but I fell in love with him, and I can make it to top 5 in arena daily, so he isn't that bad.
  • JRuibal wrote: »
    Yes, Opress its my favourite toon! he might not be meta or that good, but I fell in love with him, and I can make it to top 5 in arena daily, so he isn't that bad.

Same, I put omegas on his basic and special and he will reliably hit over 10k on his basic. He's constantly gaining TM, and he almost always has offense up. He and fives are two toons that I will always use even if the meta shifts away from them. I've been using those two maxxed out since feburary (or at least as maxxed out as they could be at any given time), and I haven't regretted it. Also, I'm top 20 in arena, and I have taken #1 and top 5 many times.

To answer the original question, I vote to save it for Teebo
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    If you're using him, definitely. He's a really awesome hero.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • xMORIDINx
    177 posts Member
    The only 'no' argument would be for Teebo but it's a long gear grind down the road to see that pay off, but worth it. Also the Opress argument is good cause why not level your favorite toon?! I pushed Anakin months before the rework cause I love him. Luckily it paid off in the end, but I would have done it anyway. Games should be fun. Pick the one that makes you happy and start grinding for more Scanners lol
  • xMORIDINx wrote: »
    The only 'no' argument would be for Teebo but it's a long gear grind down the road to see that pay off, but worth it. Also the Opress argument is good cause why not level your favorite toon?! I pushed Anakin months before the rework cause I love him. Luckily it paid off in the end, but I would have done it anyway. Games should be fun. Pick the one that makes you happy and start grinding for more Scanners lol
    That's the same reason I got plo koon to 7*. He's one of my favorites and he's semi helpful in GW. Fingers crossed for a rework
  • xMORIDINx
    177 posts Member
    In the beginning you level dumb toons because you don't know what you're doing. Then you level meta to stay competitive and earn rewards. Then you expand your roster a bit so you're relatively varied. Then it's time for vanity projects and interesting utility. *Or* you pick your favorites and go to town and force it to work
    That's the same reason I got plo koon to 7*. He's one of my favorites and he's semi helpful in GW. Fingers crossed for a rework

The Anakin update has probably already breathed some new life into him, no?

I don't have either of them viable (don't even have PK unlocked lol) but on paper it looks like he should get the most synergy benefit of all Jedis.

The Anakin update has probably already breathed some new life into him, no?

I don't have either of them viable (don't even have PK unlocked lol) but on paper it looks like he should get the most synergy benefit of all Jedis.

Anakin gives him more damage but PK needs potency more than anything. And it would be nice if his TM gain applied to Jedi as well as clones, it kinda doesn't make sense for it not to. He's definitely better with anakin but he's still not as good as he should be
  • xMORIDINx
    177 posts Member
    He's my Arena lead now. I don't hold my place as well as I used to but it's more fun than ever to climb back up the ranks because he makes your whole team a sledge hammer lol
  • AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    xMORIDINx wrote: »
    In the beginning you level dumb toons because you don't know what you're doing. Then you level meta to stay competitive and earn rewards. Then you expand your roster a bit so you're relatively varied. Then it's time for vanity projects and interesting utility. *Or* you pick your favorites and go to town and force it to work

I'm more of a 'pick your favorites' kinda guy. Luckily for me my favorites were fives QGJ and dooku. I left dooku behind at level 70 though, didn't find him fun.
  • I have QGJ, RG, Dooku, Yoda, Lumi & Teebo that all need one. But I'm giving it QGJ to take him to G11 when i finally get another one.
  • Jaydela2370
    122 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    It's worth putting the scanner on QGJ first.
  • yeah the potency works well in raids big time, also when you get to gear 11 his protection jumps up pretty noticeably.