Can Yoda Tenacity Help with Old Ben?

KelEl85
158 posts Member
Is Yoda's Tenacity up enough to ward off OBs mind trick fairly reliably?

I can deal with OBs dodge/TM gain (although I feel its a bit too powerful) or i can deal with the mind trick. But together they give me a hard time. I can't hit anything and when i do it doesn't do any damage because its only a basic attack (ability blocked) and it hits for trash damage (offense down). Hoping when i 7* my yoda he will give me a fighting chance.

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    If you use battle meditation on the first turn it should, Yoda has far more speed than Old Ben especially if he is leading the opponents team, so he shouldn't be so much of a problem for you with Yoda
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    If you use battle meditation on the first turn it should, Yoda has far more speed than Old Ben especially if he is leading the opponents team, so he shouldn't be so much of a problem for you with Yoda

Yeah that's the plan. I figure i will take a hit on defence but since I'm refusing to run a OB lead i take a hit on defence anyway.

But with OB having .9 potency I'm afraid tenacity up may not be enough for some toons
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Yes, I've used Yoda specifically for that. The only bad thing is when Ben decided to attack his first round rather than his hand wave. Then the tenacity up if gone by the second round and his attack works.
  • Yes. That is the easiest counter for old Ben. 100% resist
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    tenacity up=100% resist? I though it was like a 25% or 50% increase. Haven't used yoda much so never really paid attention
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    KelEl85 wrote: »
    tenacity up=100% resist? I though it was like a 25% or 50% increase. Haven't used yoda much so never really paid attention

Characters with the tenacity up buff will resist all de-buffs, however I have found in extremely rare cases some de-buffs wont be resisted, but it has happened so rarely it isn't a significant problem
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    When my shard was full of OB/Han combo, had close to 100% wins because of Yoda. He really brings OB to his knees. He performs somewhat underwhelming against other types of teams though.

Yes tenacity up is 100% resist.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Awesome. Thanks for all the help. Since 50% of the team in my shard are OB/Han this should help