"Each Ally" Ability Question

Yudoka
1274 posts Member
edited July 2016
Do characters count themselves if applicable for abilities that check for a character type? For example, Jaw Engeneer's crunch time grants him plus speed for each Droid or Jawa ally. Since it doesn't say "other" I'm not sure if the character checks himself. In some games it means other by default while in others the character would count himself.

Edit - Looking at Ewok Elder's basic ability, I think in my question above JE would count himself as well. EE ability reads "... grant OTHER Ewok allies half that amount". Here it's pretty clear the ability will not grant himself TM up.
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.

Replies

• Yes they count themself. So jawa engineer gains speed from his own presence in the team.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Cool. Thanks!
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Also phasma does call an assist for himself

Again- that's how it works, unclear if it's working as intended or descriptions are wrong, and all a abilities are subject to change.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    That's interesting. Not sure if I've noticed that before but it makes sense.
  • Yudoka wrote: »

Edit - Looking at Ewok Elder's basic ability, I think in my question above JE would count himself as well. EE ability reads "... grant OTHER Ewok allies half that amount". Here it's pretty clear the ability will not grant himself TM up.

Your general reading is correct, but (sorry to be pedantic) EE's basic does of course grant him TM. The "half that amount" for other ewoks means half of what it grants him.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Asic wrote: »
    Also phasma does call an assist for himself

Again- that's how it works, unclear if it's working as intended or descriptions are wrong, and all a abilities are subject to change.

Captain Phasma is a lady and don't forget it! Please...
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    "All allies". Nothing wrong in either descriptions or behavior.
    There are descriptions and behaviors that include 'other', Daka's "Serve Again" ability for instance.

edit: well, it reads "friendly character", but I've seen it for other toons that I don't recall such as Anakin's "Righteous Fury".