7* Vader

I cant be the only one not okay with the devs just simply lowering vaders power level, Players who exploited/cheated to get a 7 Star vader should be banned end of story, they cheated they knowingly exploited the game & all the devs did was give them a slap on the wrist.

Replies

• Why do you start a new Thread when there is a pinned one specifically for this purpose as well as thousand others about Vader 7*?
  • Rogerfan wrote: »
    Why do you start a new Thread when there is a pinned one specifically for this purpose as well as thousand others about Vader 7*?

Because they should be banned, I doubt the devs read through 1000 comments on the post above.

• Dude calm down. Do you know for a fact that everyone new that they were cheating? Do you know the exploit? Many of these bugs are run into entirely by accident.
  • What makes you think they will look at the 1000th topic with Vader 7* in it.
  • Dude calm down. Do you know for a fact that everyone new that they were cheating? Do you know the exploit? Many of these bugs are run into entirely by accident.

People knowingly used the exploit, either take the vaders away completely from there accounts or ban em dont let them parade around with a 5* vader that players who didnt cheat haven't earned yet. Bringing the 7* power level down to a 5* power level isn't fair game, because even earning a 5* vader currently is very difficult to do. You dont have to agree

• what was the exploit anyway? just remove all allies and add new ones?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Wait wait wait wait wait...........

CG commented saying "dont do it or you will be in a place you dont want to be"

Am i to understand that the recourse the devs are taking is to simply nerf vader? Thats NOT accurate plz plz plz fill me in.

If thats the case, then plz explain why we all did not just use the exploit. That leaves cheating players with 7* vaders that are still superior to our honest 4* ones. That is punishment to the entire community NOT guilty parties. Thats the exact same as not nerf'n him.

I knew of rhe exploit and how to do it yet chose the honest route yet the fruit of taking the honest road is now my vader i use is getting nerf'd?????? ****

Plz plz plz correct me and fill me in if i read that wrong.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You read it wrong. They are temporarily reducing the power of 6* and 7* Vaders to the power of a 5* Vader so that anyone who cheated to get a 6* or 7* Vader can't use the more powerful version right now. When they have more time they will hand out other punishment and restore Vader to what he should be.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    You didn't even read the thread if that is what you think they did and are going to do. Please go read the thread with a little patience and reading comprehension.
  • They fixed the exploit. They repeated one achievement repeatedly until they received enough shards for 7* Vader. They also got 5k in gems and several ally points.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »
    You read it wrong. They are temporarily reducing the power of 6* and 7* Vaders to the power of a 5* Vader so that anyone who cheated to get a 6* or 7* Vader can't use the more powerful version right now. When they have more time they will hand out other punishment and restore Vader to what he should be.

Whew!!!!!!!! i only read this threads post and freaked lol. I couldnt fond the others where this was mentioned by devs so wanted to be sure. Thnx!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »
    You didn't even read the thread if that is what you think they did and are going to do. Please go read the thread with a little patience and reading comprehension.

I couldnt find the original thread where the devs wouod have made the comment. I only saw this thread and what the person wrote who posted it. I am quite capable of proper comprehension and patience so long as I have the info (which is why i asked for the info)
    No need to be a **** about it pal
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Just found the thread, thnx
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    I'm astounded. Devs very clearly state that they are gonna deal with the cheaters at a later stage. But not exactly right away. Ten people go crazy, posting stuff like "we should all have cheated" and "they're getting away free".

The truth is, you don't have any idea at all what GC are gonna do. Until they've announced it, you might as well just save yourselves a headache and possibly also a big embarrassment, and let it rest for now.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »
    I'm astounded. Devs very clearly state that they are gonna deal with the cheaters at a later stage. But not exactly right away. Ten people go crazy, posting stuff like "we should all have cheated" and "they're getting away free".

The truth is, you don't have any idea at all what GC are gonna do. Until they've announced it, you might as well just save yourselves a headache and possibly also a big embarrassment, and let it rest for now.

Agreed
  • Ok. While I don't like cheaters banner the sanction should not just lower Vader to 5*. That send the message that the worst that can happen is ...still awesome.

I think buyers of $50 got more affected by Barris nerf than this Vader reset to 5*. Removing Vader seems the bare minimun here.

But also, I guess people get tempted. This is a game, not school. And if this cheat was activated by just doing things the game ALLOWS, then ...just tell'em. Some people may not even know that's something to be sanctioned. Hacks are an entirely different thing.
  • Agreed.
  • My point is they are left with a 5* vader & even a 5* vader isnt easy to obtain.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    We STILL don't know what will happen to the people who cheated so why on earth are you ppl acting like it's all been taken care of already? For all we know, the cheaters may get stuck with JarJar leaders for the rest of their time playing GOH.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Nonemo wrote: »

Agree! I am not a believer in seeing anyone banned without investigation beforehand. Many innocents could lose there hard work and time dedication. I think to this point CG is handling it well.
  • Darth_Ebonics
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Dude calm down. Do you know for a fact that everyone new that they were cheating? Do you know the exploit? Many of these bugs are run into entirely by accident.

People knowingly used the exploit, either take the vaders away completely from there accounts or ban em dont let them parade around with a 5* vader that players who didnt cheat haven't earned yet. Bringing the 7* power level down to a 5* power level isn't fair game, because even earning a 5* vader currently is very difficult to do. You dont have to agree

Undoubtedly some did. After reading into it I guarantee you others did not. Many probably didn't. Looking into it I believe many people thought it was some part of the game. This post is how I learned of Vader even being limited in stars. Imagine those who play casually and don't user the forum?
    Post edited by Darth_Ebonics on
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    The you cheated email cg sent them certainly let them know something was up :expressionless:
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber