Share your Hoth Soldier Squads

LaLiam
1589 posts Member
Hoth Soldier, that pretty guy at the back, you all know the one im talking about.

Wondering what squad people are putting him in to make him viable or even successful, I was hoping Ackbar lead but that may take a little more thought as is Soldier was in that'd kill the Leia surprise.

Possibly Ackbar(L),Leia,Soldier,Han,Rg or something to that extent. Though a Chewie or Ben/Han lead may also be successful.

Thoughts?
{RotE}

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Hoth Soldier sounds good max, but he's a one node character. Wonder how many people even have him at 7 star?
  • I have him maxed. Though he is slow, his taunt come after opp qgj turn. His taunt is perm when omegaed. 3 turns taunt 3 turn cooldown. Tons of health and give def up to all rebels.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Aero wrote: »
    Hoth Soldier sounds good max, but he's a one node character. Wonder how many people even have him at 7 star?

I believe most krakens have him, mine is 5* so is viable right now in the right squad.
    ChaosDoom wrote: »
    I have him maxed. Though he is slow, his taunt come after opp qgj turn. His taunt is perm when omegaed. 3 turns taunt 3 turn cooldown. Tons of health and give def up to all rebels.

Correct! Definitely requires a double taunt. Perhaps Ben(L),Han,Soldier,Leia,Qg?
    {RotE}
  • I have him at Level 72 G9 with 3/6 slots for G10 filled in. Still only at four stars and 4/65, no shards today even after refreshing the node once (which I mostly did due to today's guild activity). I expect it will take another half a year to max him out.

But he's ever so fun to use and viable even at 4* and his odd kit is pretty cool. He's replaced Poggle in the AGI gear challenge and was a real asset for tackling LS 8A/B hard.

I'm glad I took the plunge for this slow and patient farm, he'll definitely get more use in the future.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • LaLiam wrote: »

I believe most krakens have him, mine is 5* so is viable right now in the right squad.
    I have him maxed. Though he is slow, his taunt come after opp qgj turn. His taunt is perm when omegaed. 3 turns taunt 3 turn cooldown. Tons of health and give def up to all rebels.

Correct! Definitely requires a double taunt. Perhaps Ben(L),Han,Soldier,Leia,Qg?

Hoth Rebel Soldier best used in Aa lead, leia, hr soldier, rey and sf. 2 taunts between hr soldier and sf, def up on 3 toons.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    LaLiam wrote: »

Hoth Rebel Soldier best used in Aa lead, leia, hr soldier, rey and sf. 2 taunts between hr soldier and sf, def up on 3 toons.

Those taunts are too slow to actually appear and the assists will be wasted on aa not Leia.

This guy is going to take a little more thought.
    {RotE}
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Lando (L), chewie, HRSol, HRSc and scoundrel Han
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Lando (L), HRSol, Leia, RG, HRScout
  • LaLiam wrote: »

Those taunts are too slow to actually appear and the assists will be wasted on aa not Leia.

Have u used maxed hr soldier, leia and aa combo before? Coz of hr soldier speed, his taunt is unlikely get dispelled by qgj
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member

Have u used maxed hr soldier, leia and aa combo before? Coz of hr soldier speed, his taunt is unlikely get dispelled by qgj

Are you asking if I have all 3 maxed? Then no, my Soldier is only 5*, gear wise he is max though.

QG would be all over that taunt, its a perma, why wouldnt you dispel it?

Like I said it needs more thought than just replacing him for Rey in a generic comp.
    {RotE}
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    What about an Old Ben lead with QG, Rg and Rey/Leia for support?
    {RotE}
  • Godlike
    14 posts Member
    I ran lando (L), rg, sth, B2, Hrsoldier. I think the omegas are necessary for him to work. About another 2 months for 7 star

image.png
  • I have him at 5* and almost 6* (maybe another week). He's good with those that provide D up due to his healing. RG and IGD are good (chewy lead, too). I'd like to see him in a IGD (L) squad. Maybe QGJ, Fisto, and AS?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    I have him at 5* and almost 6* (maybe another week). He's good with those that provide D up due to his healing. RG and IGD are good (chewy lead, too). I'd like to see him in a IGD (L) squad. Maybe QGJ, Fisto, and AS?

Yea I was thinking chewie lead with rg could be promising, double taunt with an auto taunt as well could be really effective. Its a shame you cant heal through protection.

If I ran those 3 I'd have to get 2 dps toons in there and possible a dispeller, it maybe that Teebo or Mace (rework?) could work with Leia since she's always in stealth.

It would definitely be a defence team rather than a snipe team.
    Godlike wrote: »
    I ran lando (L), rg, sth, B2, Hrsoldier. I think the omegas are necessary for him to work. About another 2 months for 7 star

image.png

Lando lead is also a good idea... If you can get Soldier/Han taunting most people would dispel Han and go for Soldier, which would be a lot of hp to go through to get to the squishies. The main issue would be the speed the taunts go up, someone like Lando would be vulnerable and if you lose him thats your attack gone.

Lando does open up Chewie and Leia.
    {RotE}
  • Hello, did you think we can use him at 4* but all g10 and ability omegaed and lvl 80 in arena?
    Was thinking of putting him with hrsc wedge rg lando(L). (All maxed of course)
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Hello, did you think we can use him at 4* but all g10 and ability omegaed and lvl 80 in arena?
    Was thinking of putting him with hrsc wedge rg lando(L). (All maxed of course)

4* He is viable yup, but you will get picked on, really needs to be 5 or 6*. Even with Omega's 4* is a little low for arena.
    {RotE}
  • I think the idea squad is

AA(L)

Leia

SThan

HRS

HRSoldier
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    I think he would fit best as a second tank in a Lando team. Even then not very optimal. He is in a weird place right now since ST Han is a better tank rebel that offers more utility.

Lando L

HRS

Hoth Soldier

ST Han

Phasma
  • I know this is slightly off topic, but I figured this is one of the best places to ask. To those who have hoth soldier I'm betting you probably have hoth scout too. What do the scouts basic and abilities do when you omega them? I'm trying to determine scouts long term viability in a rebel squad before I start the farm.
  • Godlike
    14 posts Member
    Godlike wrote: »

image.png

Lando lead is also a good idea... If you can get Soldier/Han taunting most people would dispel Han and go for Soldier, which would be a lot of hp to go through to get to the squishies. The main issue would be the speed the taunts go up, someone like Lando would be vulnerable and if you lose him thats your attack gone.

Lando does open up Chewie and Leia. [/quote]

That is why RG is in there as well. Can replace lando with rey and have sth as lead.
  • I know this is slightly off topic, but I figured this is one of the best places to ask. To those who have hoth soldier I'm betting you probably have hoth scout too. What do the scouts basic and abilities do when you omega them? I'm trying to determine scouts long term viability in a rebel squad before I start the farm.

HRSc:
    Basic - +15% chance of gaining TM
    Special - +15% stun chance
    Unique - half the TM gain when non-empire character is killed

For reference, here are HRSo's omegas:
    Basic - I believe this increases chance of applying offense down to 100% on critical
    Special - taunt for three turns
    Unique - +15% counter chance (brings it to 40%)

Personally, I'd love to omega all of these. Definitely farm the scout because he's a formidable attacker.

Both of mine are 72/G9 (7* scout, 25/65 on my soldier).
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • How about him now with mod ?
  • How about him now with mod ?

4 health with health and 2 potency.