Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Avinash
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Again, GW is NOT ranked PvP, therefore, it should not be so difficult to win.

Perhaps take Protection off GW AI characters. We're doing 12 battles and by the time we get to the end, we've lost most (if not all) of our characters. There is no protection left, health is questionable, etc. All the GW AI teams are totally fresh and stocked up on all their super talents as soon as the battle(s) begin.

I like to use different team combinations to see who works best with whom. I hate the standard Rey team that I see every single day in GW. AI Rey always goes first. It's a gamble to see if one (or more) of my characters survive the first round (before it's even my turn).

I have several backup teams, however, every single one of them still requires ONE piece of raid gear (mostly furnace) that I have yet to obtain, therefore, they are perpetually stuck at G8 which, by all intents and purposes, is pretty much useless in GW when you are against G10 and G11 teams. My Rey, RG, ST Han don't last 2 seconds in GW because of the gear I can't get for them.

On my team(s), 15% evasion = .0001% evasion. Dodge = .0000001%. I always get hit. Also, it doesn't matter how much potency or tenacity I have, buffs/debuffs are an issue.

AI team(s), 15% evasion = 90%, and dodge = 65%-75%. The AI is always able to debuff all my characters, whereas I'm lucky to get one debuff on an AI character.

Sort of like gambling .... the House has the advantage. In this case, the AI has the advantage.
  • Options
    royal guard and Rey Combo breaks the game.. .ruins it. both are so OP...all mybother maxed characters are worthless....fix ur balancing
  • Options
    leoroy14 wrote: »
    .fix ur balancing

QFT
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    OP - I feel your pain. I'm fortunate enough to be in the club of "walk in the park" GW right now (with the bonus Node 12 for free), but last week or so, I had one instance where it was exactly what you described: I didn't have any Mods myself (had just updated the game app), and Nodes 9, 10, 11 and 12 were full of the best toons geared and modded to the teeth. I, like you, spent hours clearing Node 11 (It was like Edge of Tomorrow, try to record the winning sequence step by step, like 100 restarts or so), and my whole roster (= 4 Raid T7 - worthy teams and then some more, like 40 viable toons total) on the last one. Then said "Never Again".
    Then they pushed an update, and it was indeed "Never Again" :) Now it's like 30 min walk in the park, with a parade for kids at the end. Nothing of my own doing, it just happened.

One very important trick though, that you may know or not: Your toons keep their TM between battles. So say if you finish battle #1 with Phasma at 3/4 TM, she'll start battle 2 with 3/4 TM and everybody else at 0, so she might even get 2 turns before anyone else moves. Which means that from battle #2 on, your toons (all but 1 - the one who finished the previous battle) have a free turn before the enemy, and this is a huge advantage, even against superior teams. In order to make the best use of it, make sure to bootstrap as many toons as you can during the first 5 battles: Find the right balance between bringing secondary toons and still keep enough beef so you can beat that team with minimal damage.

At battle #6, I typically use my main squad with full abilities (which they recover in #7 and #8), but by then, I have like 10 other toons with pre-loaded TM that are ready to take over if things go South, or step in with goodies (healers, tanks, stunners,...).

Hope this helps, and hope things get better for you.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    I still hate GW with so much passion. Yesterday and today have both been horribly overtuned. Every single node has been significantly better geared than they were just a few days ago. Quit this garbage matchmaking. I've said it before, I'll say it again: regression is not fun.
  • Options
    Please do something about Galactic War. It used to be my daily fun challenge, but now it only brings frustration, in a game I play for fun.

It's also getting harder by the day, I'm facing incredibly tough kill squads on node 9 now. I can throw suicide squads at it and follow it up by my 2 best teams, it doesn't work, my team gets slaughtered anyway.

For example, this was my latest "challenge": Leader Count Dooku (gear 10, full with t5 mods), Royal Guard (gear 9, full with mods), Rey (gear 10, full with t5 mods), Qui-Gon Jinn (gear 10, full with mods), and Geonosian Soldier (gear 10, full with t5 mods).
    This is a team that is able to compete for the top spots in Arena, and I have to face it on node 9 of GW.

I'm experiencing a credit crunch just like everyone else, and now my ability to generate it gets lower by the day. But the most important thing it's just not fun in the current format, and not a challenge but simply unfair.

Please look into it, there are so many good ideas spoken about, don't be afraid to make it fun again.

Thank you.
  • Options
    I've only reluctantly attempted it once the past several days. I beat it, but I'm glad I don't devote as much time now. I might attempt it once or twice this week (probably only need to do it the once with the bounty hunter challenges to do) to rack up 2M and finally 7* Ackbar and StH. I build my credits very slowly but I'm cool with that. This game is literally a momentary daily distraction now.

If there's a good reason to grit my teeth and catch up on GW and complete three more campaigns ASAP, it's for the crystals from the achievement which I can use to buy furnaces from shipments IF THEY APPEAR.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    Meecham wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse @CG_Dan @CG_JohnSalera Can we please have back our developers from June 11?:

Hot Topics
    Galactic War – still one of the most discussed topics in the community, the team has been doing a lot of internal testing to find a way to make Galactic War more enjoyable. The first step is making it not take near as long, and the development team has a solution for this. Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete. We’ll continue to monitor how players are interacting with Galactic War and make additional tuning changes as needed.

+1
  • Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    I did gw x 3 last night. The 2nd and 3rd time I took this team through the whole thing.

Screenshot_2016-07-06-02-06-03.png

Nobody gets it, but this is the kind of team that's designed to beat GW. .

Using this team you would not get over node 6 in my gw . . .

Get it now, they messed it up, some poeple have hard teams near the end of their gw, others -like me- start facing lvl 80 speed modded teams on node 3 and if -i am lucky to reach it- on node 12 i get a gear 3 lvl 60 team ...

Thats not as it should be right ?
  • Options
    someone is insane - 9 level impassable why ??????
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    Options
    Galactic War will never be fixed. 97 pages complaining about it; weeks and weeks of anger vented, and EA's response is just "We will not be making any alterations". Were it not for the fact that they're taking such joy in ignoring the player-base and thus killing the game, you'd have to admire their resolution in sticking to their guns.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Meecham wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse @CG_Dan @CG_JohnSalera Can we please have back our developers from June 11?:

Hot Topics
    Galactic War – still one of the most discussed topics in the community, the team has been doing a lot of internal testing to find a way to make Galactic War more enjoyable. The first step is making it not take near as long, and the development team has a solution for this. Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete. We’ll continue to monitor how players are interacting with Galactic War and make additional tuning changes as needed.

That was their moment of weakness, I can almost guarantee that they won't have that attitude towards gw again. WAI
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    I did gw x 3 last night. The 2nd and 3rd time I took this team through the whole thing.

Nobody gets it, but this is the kind of team that's designed to beat GW. You need at least two reliable group healers to do it. Too often, I think people expect to go all the way with their arena teams and then come on here and complain when they can't beat it. It's hard and it takes way, wayyyyyy too long but it's not unbeatable.

Maybe if you're still level 70 yeah. That team can't even dent whatever monstrosity is waiting for you in nodes 6, 9, 11, and maybe 12
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Nobody gets it, but this is the kind of team that's designed to beat GW. You need at least two reliable group healers to do it. Too often, I think people expect to go all the way with their arena teams and then come on here and complain when they can't beat it. It's hard and it takes way, wayyyyyy too long but it's not unbeatable.

Maybe if you're still level 70 yeah. That team can't even dent whatever monstrosity is waiting for you in nodes 6, 9, 11, and maybe 12

They obviously aren't L70. They've got 10 L80 heroes showing on the screen.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

But can that team realistically beat a maxed out meta team, you know the ones that apparently wipe out entire squads without breaking a sweat?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options

But can that team realistically beat a maxed out meta team, you know the ones that apparently wipe out entire squads without breaking a sweat?

I wouldn't think so, but then I've only got 1/5 from their squad. Daka's stun value is unquestionable. A maxed out QGJ has a helluva kit with his dispel/offense up, assist, and TM games. And Ahsoka can hit like a truck since they reworked her. That team has evasion, 3 healers, effective stun, frequent assists, and good damage. I'll probably go back to 7* Ahsoka when I'm done with QGJ.
    The thing I don't get about squads that people say can sail through GW: if you can beat all GW nodes with that squad, you should be able to beat every Arena opponent with ease as well. Yet nobody would say that this squad is their Arena team. Looks too heavy with Jedi to me.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Kind of a side-bar to all of the comments. One thing to consider with this game is that it's a Mobile game. We shouldn't need to spend hours in-front of it and doing Mody theory-crafting on-top-of it to find the optimal way to Mod our characters. Honestly, if I wanted to commit so much more time; I would just go back to playing World of Warcraft.

- GW should be a tad easier

- Mods should be simpler. I know the intention was to modify your characters to your own personal taste like you would do playing with toys as a kid, I did the same thing with my friends, but that's not what's happening with your game. Players are just fine tuning already top-tier characters. If you look at the SWGOH.GG meta-report, of 1800+ top-10 teams, there is one Tarkin, one Luke, one Mace and a few other singles that aren't noteworthy. 62% of the current meta is still what we had before (Old Ben, Dooku, Phasma, Rex, and JKA emerging). So what's changed with the addition of mods? Nothing! Instead of using mods to improve underutilized characters, just re-work those characters. You did a great job with Anakin, Biggs and Wedge sound very cool as well; keep doing that with characters like Darth Maul, Plo Koon, and they'll get used.

- Mods being simpler: A speed mod should be a speed mod and an HP mod should be an HP mod. I have speed mods that I use not to make my character faster but because they have copious amounts of Offense, or Protection, or Crit Damage. I actually get more speed from certain HP mods I have, that's ridiculous and totally counter-intuitive! You should review how Blizzard did armor gemming in World of Warcraft, simple, effective, to the point. If you needed more health, you gem stamina, if your character gained attack power from strength you gem strength, if agility you gem agility, if intelligence gem intel, etc., etc. Then there would usually be a small set bonus if your gems matched the gems matched the gem slots. But an agility gem did not also grant HP and intelligence for example. Simplify the mod system please.

@CG_JohnSalera
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    I am level 71 and have 5 heroes at Level 70 with basic mods (Luminara, Jedi Consular, Chewie, Ray, and Qui Gon. I use my Imp B team to get over the hump at node 9 now and after they get destroyed, I bring in the team above to finish node 9. Last GW I got to the final node for the first time in a couple of weeks. What am I facing? Old Daka, Talia, Luminara, Boba, and Rey all at level 79. You've got to be effing kidding me. My beat down squad with no shields left has to face a squad almost ten levels higher with higher mods and full shields? It's effing ridiculous.
  • Options
    Any proof of that 50%+ stat or just something you pulled out of thin air?

And same @leef

You can go on my last Poll. 49% of players who voted think so.With 5-6 options to choose from, and that's what they pick? I think GW is still a work in progress.
  • Options
    Today I didn't even get the luxury of waiting until node 9, 11, or 12 to face an impossible team. I got to face one on node 6 today that took out my entire roster.

Please BALANCE Galactic War. This is really getting ridiculous!
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    To all the people that think Gws is too hard that just means your roster and toons are just too weak to complete it. I easily finish it everyday with no problems. If I can then you can too. Work on your rosters like everyone else and stop crying about it already, the boohooing is getting really ridiculous now.

What is your arena team at? What player level are you at? His deep is your roster?

I have 20 7* level 80 characters all at gear 8, 2 at gear 9 and 1 at gear 10. That's 4 fairly high stat teams that get completely wiped out by the impossible team on nodes 11 and 12.

I was able to complete GW every day for 4+ months straight until the GW rework. Currently stuck at 139 wins.

Once again, read my post above about the IMBALANCE of GW where some people face impossible teams and others face easy teams and able to finish it without a problem. Hard to work on rosters when unable to finish GW and earn the credits to upgrade characters. Just as Sbdaster, a 10% increase in credits makes no difference if you can't finish it.

My arena team power is 39,500. Rank 4-1 everyday. My account is level 80. I have 40 toons 7*

My original post I still stand by. Something your doing or not doing is wrong. Either you don't have certain toons like Baris or Daka. Or you don't have good enough and fast damage dealers like Rey, 86 and GS.

Since my last thread was merged into the GW megathread as way of EA sweeping this issue under the rug instead if fixing the actual problem.

Why say this? It's pretty charged language. "Sweeping under the rug" .... Stop it already.

EA has made it clear; GW is WAI.

Because it's frustrating when people have been discussing the imbalance of GW for months now and when the devs tried to adjust it, they only made it worse. Plus, to quote the most recent announcement by them, "GW will NOT be looked into at this time. We adjusted currency payouts for now." That is not balancing the gaming feature.

Everyday that I am unable to finish GW, I will post in the furoms to try and get the devs to listen and I encourage everyone else that is unable to finish or people who face the super easy 3* teams to do the same.

GW needs to be BALANCED!

That is fine, you can continue to post on the forums everyday you don't finish Gws and hope the devs will listen. But people like myself that have 0 problems with Gws and finish it everyday will also continue to post and tell you the same things. It's not the games fault if you refuse to farm certain toons that will help you. That's your fault. Saying something needs balancing when you don't use the vital toons to help you isn't going to make your argument right.

• Options
    6The6Bull6 wrote: »
    I never understand the gw hate. I beat it everyday most days with only one team through all 12 nodes. Very rarely I'll use a suicide squad or sub in RG.

The reason I hate it is I have a massive squad I've worked long and hard to get. I have 32 7star toons at lvl 80. Today the best I could manage was node 8!!
    When you come up against an RG with over 80k health fives with over 60 a monster of a Rey doing 30k damage with one strike and she's got duper modded health as well. That one team took out my whole roster.
    I haven't completed GW for over a month. Best I've managed is node 10. So yes o hate it it's ridiculous.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Omg all this crying about GW is so annoying. It's totally fine, there is no need for a change. Another 45738 whinethreads won't change this fact.

Don't you think there is a reason for so many threads on this subject? Probably because it's an actual major issue in the game!

Yes, I agree that for so many to post on the subject at hand "Galatic wars" there is a major problem. Unfortunate the problem or issue isn't with the game, it's with the players who refuse to grind toons that will help them more. Don't believe me? Ok why is it that the devs said they have no immediate plans to make any changes to Gws? Maybe because the devs see all the data and it's working as intended.

Want to beat the Yoda event? You need to farm jedis. Want to beat the scoundrel event? Better farm scoundrels. Want to beat gws everyday? Better farm the right toons. It's so easy to do, I don't understand why people are being so stubborn about it. It's not hard.
  • Options
    Angry_Mob wrote: »
    Since my last thread was merged into the GW megathread as way of EA sweeping this issue under the rug instead if fixing the actual problem.

Why say this? It's pretty charged language. "Sweeping under the rug" .... Stop it already.

You apply for that cheerleader position at EA, yet?

This was funny!!!

I agree though, I quit because of GW but I check in regularly to see if they've finally listened to the vast majority of the player base and fix GW. It's pretty obvious that some players are not experiencing the GW misery while others are. Of course these players post about the greatness of this part of the game and get angry when the ones feeling the pain post about the horrible experience.
  • Options
    To all the people that think Gws is too hard that just means your roster and toons are just too weak to complete it. I easily finish it everyday with no problems. If I can then you can too. Work on your rosters like everyone else and stop crying about it already, the boohooing is getting really ridiculous now.

What is your arena team at? What player level are you at? His deep is your roster?

I have 20 7* level 80 characters all at gear 8, 2 at gear 9 and 1 at gear 10. That's 4 fairly high stat teams that get completely wiped out by the impossible team on nodes 11 and 12.

I was able to complete GW every day for 4+ months straight until the GW rework. Currently stuck at 139 wins.

Once again, read my post above about the IMBALANCE of GW where some people face impossible teams and others face easy teams and able to finish it without a problem. Hard to work on rosters when unable to finish GW and earn the credits to upgrade characters. Just as Sbdaster, a 10% increase in credits makes no difference if you can't finish it.

My arena team power is 39,500. Rank 4-1 everyday. My account is level 80. I have 40 toons 7*

My original post I still stand by. Something your doing or not doing is wrong. Either you don't have certain toons like Baris or Daka. Or you don't have good enough and fast damage dealers like Rey, 86 and GS.

Because it's frustrating when people have been discussing the imbalance of GW for months now and when the devs tried to adjust it, they only made it worse. Plus, to quote the most recent announcement by them, "GW will NOT be looked into at this time. We adjusted currency payouts for now." That is not balancing the gaming feature.

Everyday that I am unable to finish GW, I will post in the furoms to try and get the devs to listen and I encourage everyone else that is unable to finish or people who face the super easy 3* teams to do the same.

GW needs to be BALANCED!

That is fine, you can continue to post on the forums everyday you don't finish Gws and hope the devs will listen. But people like myself that have 0 problems with Gws and finish it everyday will also continue to post and tell you the same things. It's not the games fault if you refuse to farm certain toons that will help you. That's your fault. Saying something needs balancing when you don't use the vital toons to help you isn't going to make your argument right.

I do have most of those toons that you speak of, but mostly gear 8. They have been stuck there for quit sometime. I can't max gear up those toons overnight, which is one of my main problems. Just a little frustrating in all when I was able to beat GW everyday before the rework and fear drop. Not that it was easy, just manageable.
  • Options
    Omg all this crying about GW is so annoying. It's totally fine, there is no need for a change. Another 45738 whinethreads won't change this fact.

Don't you think there is a reason for so many threads on this subject? Probably because it's an actual major issue in the game!

Yes, I agree that for so many to post on the subject at hand "Galatic wars" there is a major problem. Unfortunate the problem or issue isn't with the game, it's with the players who refuse to grind toons that will help them more. Don't believe me? Ok why is it that the devs said they have no immediate plans to make any changes to Gws? Maybe because the devs see all the data and it's working as intended.

Want to beat the Yoda event? You need to farm jedis. Want to beat the scoundrel event? Better farm scoundrels. Want to beat gws everyday? Better farm the right toons. It's so easy to do, I don't understand why people are being so stubborn about it. It's not hard.

Yep, I'll just acquire every toon, 7* them, train them up to level 80, and max gear them. All overnight. Seems possible.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options

GW needs to be BALANCED!

I do have most of those toons that you speak of, but mostly gear 8. They have been stuck there for quit sometime. I can't max gear up those toons overnight, which is one of my main problems. Just a little frustrating in all when I was able to beat GW everyday before the rework and fear drop. Not that it was easy, just manageable.

Get them to G9/10 and watch how much that helps.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options

Yep, I'll just acquire every toon, 7* them, train them up to level 80, and max gear them. All overnight. Seems possible.

No one can get that done overnight. Not even the mightiest of whales. This takes time. I've been playing for 8 months now.
  • Dgreaser
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Quit crying. I beat gwar everday all day. Step your game up
  • Dgreaser
    218 posts Member
    Options
    It's impossible not to lose. There a retreat option. Might take a while but I can't seen how people are having so much trouble. RETREAT!